+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.6 souls packs collector editions?

Default 3.6 souls packs collector editions?

So, with 3.6 we're getting five new souls for all existing callings and four more additional souls in a separate pack for the Primalist. There may also may be a separate collectors edition for each pack too similar to the Wilds pack. Archonix said on the live stream that the new soul packs will cost about as much as the Dream Souls did, which is about $35, I'm also going to assume that the newest Primalist souls will also run about that much. So we're looking at about $70 for both packs baseline. And then there is the possibility of collectors packs running a large amount of cash each.

So, for those of us that are supporting a family and have bills could we please get more than two weeks warning about prices for the soul packs? Would love to be able to invest in collectors packs but need time to save the money.

Ascendant

Wilds pack was $100, so I'd assume... $150 or so for the giant has everything in in pack. Since it's unlikely for just a pure "has the souls" pack.
    Last edited by Repster; 02-15-2016 at 01:21 PM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Rift Chaser

With all the recent people upset with the changes to increase revenue, I have been on Trion's side. However, I have to say I am a little disappointed if this is true.

I have no problem paying for a soul pack. The thing that is a little upsetting is if I paid for Primalist- which was not complete and didn't have a support soul at all, then I have to pay for the new soul pack, AND have to pay for the rest of the souls for primalist.

I would like to think Trion would give some break to people that would buy all 3.

New souls are a bit of a grey area for people I presume.

I imagine most people understand and accept the idea of Trion selling new souls. Trion knows this and milks the crap out of them. It's one of the few areas of monetization that people don't flat out hate.

Do people think 5 new souls and 4 new souls for one class is worth the same price as a full new game like Fallout 4? Maybe some do. I personally don't, not even close, especially since I'll be using only one, but some do.
    Add that to the idea I mentioned of people not completely hating the idea, and Trion also banking on the possible paywall it creates due to unbalanced souls.... And you have new soul packs that cost a lot of money.

And yes. I'm sure there will be a $150 pack that contains both souls and some useless fluff like a reskinned mount, a title, a hat, a pet, though depending what other content comes out with 3.6 (new zone or rep) there could be a paywall locked behind it (like a new gear attunement or rep)
    Maybe even another instant level 60 or something. You know, stuff that doesn't actually cost Trion money.

But I gurantee it'll be just the $35 packs for each, so $70 for all of them, or the $150 CE edition. There won't be anything in between.

Ascendant

I dunno, I could see them offering most of the fluff (but not the big one like the mount) and the non-primalist souls in a 100$ pack.

I agree it would be nice to get a heads up a week or two before release as I also would like to buy the new souls for the 4 callings I currently use. I am living payday to payday currently myself, but would certainly save for a pack if I knew what the skinny was.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

While 3.6 will have new souls, it's only going to be the 5 soul pack (1 per calling) mentioned on the live stream. The next pack (a future update) will have the next 4 Primalist souls.

The Soul Pack for 3.6 will be available for credits in game, as well as real currency on our website and our retail partners. No price has been finalized, but we'll let you know soon.

No CE is currently planned for 3.6.
    Last edited by Archonix; 02-15-2016 at 04:47 PM.

I believe if you already bought the wilds pack have access to the class and its current souls then you will automatically be getting the other 4 primalist souls whenever they are released.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer12 View Post
    I believe if you already bought the wilds pack have access to the class and its current souls then you will automatically be getting the other 4 primalist souls whenever they are released.
    Plans change.

No. That is wrong, they never said that, and @Rep it was never the plan.

Just goes to show that you can set expectations all you want and some people still miss it.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 02-15-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Plans change.
    Story of the month apparently... be it this issue or the many others trion have inflicted upon us.

Rift Master

No, they have said right from the start that the additional 4 primalist souls would be a separate paid pack and not included in the wilds pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    While 3.6 will have new souls, it's only going to be the 5 soul pack (1 per calling) mentioned on the live stream. The next pack (a future update) will have the next 4 Primalist souls.

The Soul Pack for 3.6 will be available for credits in game, as well as real currency on our website and our retail partners. No price has been finalized, but we'll let you know soon.

Appreciate the info! That just took a ton of stress off of managing funds!

Ah well then. I suppose that would actually make more sense considering we paid for both Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post

How about getting some Bundles in the future...so a new player who may want to get all soul packs can buy all 3 soul packs for like 11/12k creds instead of single purchases for 13.5k?

An other topic how about making pvp ranks a little more meaningful again by increasing favor earned by 0.x% per rank(10-x% bonus favor on max rank).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast