+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.6 souls packs collector editions?

No tidbits thrown to the masses about what type of souls we're getting? inquiring minds are just that...inquiring

When you read about people throwing sums of money like $2,000 at Star Citizen for a virtual spaceship or paying $12,000 for a castle in Camelot Unchained, both games not even released yet, it kind of puts prices like $50 or whatever price for a soul pack in perspective.

Have even read stories about a player that spent $7,000 in EVE Online just to max out all his skills, and even more bizarre, another player spent $28,000 on same, we need some of those EVE players to migrate to Rift

To me it seems reasonable that you'd have purchase the new soul packs coming including primalist. If you look at it this way anyway. I don't remember the exact price for each game when you still had to purchase them, but safe to say around $60

2011 - This was pre-f2p so everyone had to purchase the game in order to play it which gave you 8 souls to start with for each class.

2013 - Storm Legion introduces new souls and again you had to purchase the expansion as it didn't go free to play until 8 months later.

2014 - By this time the souls were pre-released before the expansion even came out costing $30

Primalist calling pack - $30 + the 4 unreleased souls with no current price tag are basically playing catch up to the first game and its 2 expansions. For now any pricing is pure speculation until we hear something official either on here or on a live stream. As for the new souls coming out that will put everyone up to 11 souls for presumably whatever new expansion is coming next. All in all nothing is really that different to what they 've been doing for the last few years in how they go about putting out this portion of content and this is all assuming you even play a primalist.

At the end of the day you can choose how you want to spend your money. I personally like supporting this game so i've invested quite a bit into it even if I don't agree with every decision that gets made.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 02-16-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Rift Chaser

Don't get me wrong, ill probably buy both soul packs. I like seeing variety and getting to try out new things. It is even better when I can do new things with a character that is already geared.

For my gf and my accounts, spending like 100 bucks for the new stuff is just part of playing games. Just thought it would be nice if the people that have invested get some type of continuing loyalty besides the patron discount.

Well they've mentioned quite a few times that there are still more patron announcements coming down the pipe so we'll have to wait and see what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Plans change.
    So do games. ;P
    Last edited by Nuuli; 02-17-2016 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    No tidbits thrown to the masses about what type of souls we're getting? inquiring minds are just that...inquiring

When you read about people throwing sums of money like $2,000 at Star Citizen for a virtual spaceship or paying $12,000 for a castle in Camelot Unchained, both games not even released yet, it kind of puts prices like $50 or whatever price for a soul pack in perspective.

Have even read stories about a player that spent $7,000 in EVE Online just to max out all his skills, and even more bizarre, another player spent $28,000 on same, we need some of those EVE players to migrate to Rift
    Majority of higher loyality players did the same in Rift, just mostly not in a single purchase. Either way pointing out rare examples to justify a hefty price of 50 bucks for unbalanced, low quality content is a bit out of hand for mortals.

Btw my Primalist would love beeing balanced/bugfree after having forked over the dollars a while ago, or is that a separate purchase worthy thing too from your fanboy pov?

Will definitely buy the new packs too eventhough all but one calling not gaining a thing as it is'nt possible to play alts competitively. The problem at hand is altoholicism beeing rendered out of the game unless you super hardcore/invest big time/casual it to 65 and never touch again.

Recent history has taught me to be very suspicious of content quality delivered with those upcoming souls though, really not expecting much anymore and that's not my fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I really would like to answer to that, but no matter how hard I try, I find no way to do that without tripping over some of the red lines that are in place here.
    So at least I cannot discuss anything I want here, even though it is not personal, no vendetta, no rant, no trolling - just a couple of facts I dare not mention here.
    QFT

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    While 3.6 will have new souls, it's only going to be the 5 soul pack (1 per calling) mentioned on the live stream. The next pack (a future update) will have the next 4 Primalist souls.

The Soul Pack for 3.6 will be available for credits in game, as well as real currency on our website and our retail partners. No price has been finalized, but we'll let you know soon.

No CE is currently planned for 3.6.
    So that does mean that Primalists gets a total of 5 new souls with the both packs right?
    Last edited by Aeral; 02-18-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    So that does mean that Primalists gets a total of 5 new souls with the both packs right?
    I think I understand the question, and yes.
    Primalist (6) + 3.6 Pack (1) + Future Primalist Pack (4) = 11, like the other callings

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I think I understand the question, and yes.
    Primalist (6) + 3.6 Pack (1) + Future Primalist Pack (4) = 11, like the other callings
    Wonder what the 5th would be then, as the 4th planned for future is already announced. ;P
    Perhaps paragon with enrage and lava field and call it "Destroyer"................

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Telaran

Been trying to figure this out for a while now.

I have 2 accounts - I go on one more often than the other, and due to poor planning on my part, the acct I don't go on as often has the VAST majority of my loyalty pts (About 1/3 through Orange tier compared to 75% of the way to Blue).

Is there a way that I can buy a CE on the Orange acct and have it redeemed by my Blue acct? (Regardless of whether the Blue gets any loyalty from it). I know that there's gifting in-game, but I'm referring to something straight from the Glyph store (Ex. - Infusion edition).
    Or would it just be a matter of buying one for each account?
    Not asking about these specific packs (Archonix already mentioned they'd be credit-purchasable), I'm just asking in general.

Plane Walker

start buying Rex while its low in cost.. plat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2