+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why isn't six stars always six stars?

Rift Chaser

Default Why isn't six stars always six stars?

Ok, so I've been messing around with the new credit minion missions, mainly trying to determine if they are worth the cost (to me anyways). The first thing that pops up is that getting six stars on your mission doesn't mean much.

After running a good amount of 5/15 minute missions, it looks like the loot rules are something like this:

1. You always get some of one currency - void stones, ACMs, or FoMs. I don't remember seeing any FoDs, but honestly I don't pay much attention to the currency.

2. You need to get 6 stars on the mission to get anything else. However, most of the time you still won't get anything else.

3. Around 25% of the time you get six stars you'll get a Cosmic Fragment. I'd call this a seven-star result.

4. Around 10% of the time you get six stars you'll get a Planar Stabilizer. Basically an eight-star result.

As for the eight hour missions, after getting only currency on a six star result, I didn't think it was worth the cost trying to determine the loot payouts.

So why does the ui only got up to six stars when the rewards go up to eight? The missions already have a difficulty setting, which could be tweaked if they wanted less chance of a six-star result.

Ascendant

I've done similar stuffz with the 8-hour minion missons. After 6 planar stabilizers and a lot of adventures without anything worth mentioning, there was 1 cosmic fragment.... that's a whole lot of credits to spend for one of those things...

Besides this, for every adventure there's a number of factors that come into play... not rarity of the minion for instance, so it doesn't matter if it's white, green, blue or purple...

Last edited by Faerugue; 02-15-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Hzk
    Shadowlander

They nerfed the chance to get Cosmic Fragments/Planar Stabilizers on the last hotfix. I went through ~4000 credits on missions and got 3 or 4 Cosmic Fragments and 2 Planar Stabilizers. To me that is not worth it at all and have started to just shuffle away the rare missions.

Default Agree

I too, took note in this being a problem on the 8 hour missions, and let support know of the (what I thought was a issue) problem. But after several messaging back and forth between him and I, comes down to RnG is RnG funny thing though he first claimed it was because I wasn't getting 5~6 stars which he was wrong for it was a 6 star, with rewards of only and i mean only of Void Stones, Which I then let them know. I would not be throwing my credits(money) out into the wind as to say.. Edit> this was before the nerf mind you...
    Last edited by Runningmoon; 02-15-2016 at 12:38 PM.

After the nerf I stopped buying them, so what did Trion gain? It lost a customer, how did that help?
    I Rift, therefore I am.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Rewards from rare 'diamond' adventures apply in the same fashion whether you get 1 star or 6 stars or somewhere in between. Star rating only affects the amount of regular adventure loot received. It's also worth noting that all diamond adventures get a bonus equivalent to your minion having +10 to a single relevant stat.

Also an important bit: The rare diamond adventure rewards are different for 5/15 minutes and 8 hour adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Ok, so I've been messing around with the new credit minion missions, mainly trying to determine if they are worth the cost (to me anyways). The first thing that pops up is that getting six stars on your mission doesn't mean much.

After running a good amount of 5/15 minute missions, it looks like the loot rules are something like this:

1. You always get some of one currency - void stones, ACMs, or FoMs. I don't remember seeing any FoDs, but honestly I don't pay much attention to the currency.

2. You need to get 6 stars on the mission to get anything else. However, most of the time you still won't get anything else.

3. Around 25% of the time you get six stars you'll get a Cosmic Fragment. I'd call this a seven-star result.

4. Around 10% of the time you get six stars you'll get a Planar Stabilizer. Basically an eight-star result.

As for the eight hour missions, after getting only currency on a six star result, I didn't think it was worth the cost trying to determine the loot payouts.

So why does the ui only got up to six stars when the rewards go up to eight? The missions already have a difficulty setting, which could be tweaked if they wanted less chance of a six-star result.
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 02-15-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Champion of Telara

Ok, so it's not the minions, or the adventures...it's just that the drops suck.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Hzk
    Shadowlander

[QUOTE=Snedhepl;

Also an important bit: The rare diamond adventure rewards are different for 5/15 minutes and 8 hour adventures.[/QUOTE]

Different how exactly? The few 8hr missions I've done gave the exact stuff as 5/15, Think the best I've gotten from an 8hr was 2 planar stablizers. The only difference I've seen was that you get more of the currency.

+ Reply to Thread