+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RoughRaptors

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lost my 1-29 channel

Question Lost my 1-29 channel

Hey, with the recent updates I've lost my 1-29 channel. I had them all tailored differently, so "/join 4" doesn't work (4 is currently crossfaction). (I'm level 62, and I have 30-49, 50-59 and 60-64 working fine on channels 5, 6, and 7 respectively.)

I've lost my /2 and 3, and /8 and 9 are now 4 and 2, whatever that means...

Disclaimer: I tried searching for answers already, so if it's been answered, please just direct me to the forum. I apparently fail at how to search effectively.
    Thou shalt sit and thou shalt spin.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Sorry for the trouble, it was a bug where CrossEvents overwrote some other channels. You can type "/join level 1-29" to rejoin that level chat.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Thumbs up

Thank you! At first, it seemed that nothing happened (and I'm mentioning this in case someone else finds this thread), but then had to right click->settings->channel messages and re-check the channel.
    Thou shalt sit and thou shalt spin.

Bahahaha....you guys lost yours and an easy fix but I gained ALL THE SHARDS CHAT on one singular channel of 1-29

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    Bahahaha....you guys lost yours and an easy fix but I gained ALL THE SHARDS CHAT on one singular channel of 1-29
    Yeah, this new global chat is pretty annoying imo. I refuse to even go in the new /4, it looks so much like the Trade channel. That, and half of the time it says I'm in "Level 1-29@Greybriar," so quickly scanning it while I'm in combat is now difficult.

Seems like the only solution is to do what a friend of mine did for us on Wolfsbane - Make a separate channel and spread the word of it to everyone on our shard

On a related note, I can't leave world defense@greybriar. And I don't want it to be on /5. /leave 5 tells me I'm not in World Defense, and I haven't found any other syntax that lets me leave it. Suggestions?

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    On a related note, I can't leave world defense@greybriar. And I don't want it to be on /5. /leave 5 tells me I'm not in World Defense, and I haven't found any other syntax that lets me leave it. Suggestions?
    It's a bug I'm working on. No ETA on the fix as I can't actually reproduce it on my local servers to debug but I've added some logging for the hotfix to see if that helps track it down. At the moment the only thing you can do is hide it in your chat settings. Sorry :-/
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 02-14-2016 at 07:52 PM.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Thanks. I'll try again on the affected character after the hotfix.

Many of us don't like this merger of chat channels accross all servers. Personaly I want just my server have it's own private chat channel, which is what we actually did. The mayem in the merged servers chat is no more! Huzzah!

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

My chat was completely messed up too and I messed it up even more by trying to fix it by leaving and joining channels, importing from other characters,... to the point I was only able to check trade chat in settings while still seeing every possible chat.

I was about to get angry but came up with the bright idea to make a new character, log out, and import these settings to all my affected characters.

This fixed most of the problems and I can now at least uncheck all the greybriar and other unwanted channels again.

Default ? about chat channels

okay are they all auto defult to the shard Greybriar? and if so is there a way to get them to my shard again. I do no cross events is multi even if it says GB, but are the others really at GB or just a bug in the name and it really is my shard? Also maybe a defult chat settings toggle is needed, so that we can on each char reset to that and kind of clean / reboot the channels? I just want to be sure mine are set to my shard, and or how can I be sure they are. Any help would be great, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenRage View Post
    okay are they all auto defult to the shard Greybriar? and if so is there a way to get them to my shard again. I do no cross events is multi even if it says GB, but are the others really at GB or just a bug in the name and it really is my shard? Also maybe a defult chat settings toggle is needed, so that we can on each char reset to that and kind of clean / reboot the channels? I just want to be sure mine are set to my shard, and or how can I be sure they are. Any help would be great, thank you!
    The level chats are also cross-shard now

+ Reply to Thread