+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT 3.5: Hotfix #10 Pre-Patch Notes (IE: addressing known issues!)

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT 3.5: Hotfix #10 Pre-Patch Notes (IE: addressing known issues!)

Hey all,

While we don't yet have a time for when hotfix #10 will go live besides "as soon as possible", we wanted to make sure you all know what's coming. The following notes are not final, but are our current draft for this round of fixes.

RIFT 3.5: Hotfix #10

GENERAL
    * Fixed a bug that would allow a player to bypass maximum absorb amounts
    * Flipped Wedding Garb will now unlock the matching appearance in the Wardrobe.
    * The auction house deposit for patrons now appropriately appears to be 2.5% instead of 0.

ITEMS
    * Cosmic Defender's Essence Supply Cache, Cosmic Aggressor's Essence Supply Cache, and Cosmic Fragment now do not become soulbound when picked up and can be freely traded.

CHATS
    * The level chat channels are back!
    * You will no longer be placed into CrossEvents automatically every time you log in.
    * When you reach level 65 for the first time on a character, you will automatically be placed into the CrossEvents chat channel.

MINIONS
    * Fixed an issue preventing rare ‘diamond’ minion adventures from being shuffled for free.
    * Fixed an issue where certain rare minion adventures were paying out a little too well on the good stuff.

The following change did not get made in time to be in Hotfix #10, but will be in a following one.

GENERAL
    * Dying as a patron reveals soul damage you already had. It does not however make you lose soul vitality.
    Last edited by CM Morgana; 02-10-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Given that there are many guilds raiding this evening, can this wait until tomorrow?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    * Fixed an issue where certain rare minion adventures were paying out a little too well on the good stuff.
    examples of what rare minion missions have delivered to me:

1 sarleaf
    1 ore
    some voidstone (about 100 and something + bonus)

small hailol diplomatic award
    12 gold 52 silver
    113 voidstone (+bonus)

otoh I watched someone whip themselves into a frenzy and delete after getting epic and relic items and deciding it wasn't worth their 50 credits so I mean you can't please everyone, but even if you need to make the drop tables a little less generous with the really good stuff, you can afford to make them a little more generous with the basic & middling stuff, I think literally less mats than I would get by harvesting one node or less rep & coin than I would earn killing one mob, or basically the same as the worst possible return on a regular minion mission, even if it comes with a few voidstones, really ISN'T worth the credits
    Last edited by Phaeth; 02-11-2016 at 06:28 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Aielma View Post
    Given that there are many guilds raiding this evening, can this wait until tomorrow?
    RIFT takes 2 days to debug, fix, build, test mastery bug: "WTH TRION! PATCH FASTER!"
    RIFT takes 1 day to fix stuck minion adventures, shield bug, etc, etc: "WTH TRION! PATCH SLOWER!"

Soulwalker

the biggest issues are the random lag and disconnects and the fact that you slapped the f2p players in the face with the last patch (which is the big majority of your player-base), how about you guys fix those issues?

oh, your not going to because your greedy?

i see..

/moving on

edit- you might as well just shut down rift right now with this "hotfix", it's not fixing anything worth while in the minds of many people in your community that you fail to acknowledge
    Last edited by Backflipnutkick; 02-11-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Money hungry Trion

after this recent patch i have decided to quit rift who cares about 64x optimizations when the everything costs credits now. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU KILLING RIFT?!?!?! IF YOU WANT TO DO THIS THEN JUST MAKE IT A 15 DOLLAR A MONTH FEE! i paid for rift for well over a year and i have veteran rewards still that are useless now and i cant even play the game unless i spend damn near 60 dollars just to unlock **** on ONE CHARACTER. thank you Trion for being a pos and ruining this game. ive installed 3 patches in the last two days and it only added more problems i hope Trion burns because i would rather spend all that money on a game i can actually enjoy. i stopped crafting because now you need all these mats that you cant even get unless you know a patron or are currently one. pvp is not even playable after you removed the valor stat which was the only balance between pvp gear and pve gear.

Rift Disciple

To be honest, I liked the shielding bug. And I bet a lot of the people that raided today did too. Something though that I noticed is fps drops happening again in Tempest bay and in pvp. Also and this didn't seem mentioned, but if me as a patron ques with a non-patron, and we que for a specific match, like karthan ridge for instance, and if they leave the group, they are stuck queing for that match.

They can't unque for Karthan, because they don't have access to to specific ques. And they can't que for a random match, because again, they are locked into a specific que.

Also, where before it takes 20 seconds to que for karthan, 45 seconds to que for black garden, and so on, we were qued for a good 12 min, as patrons, for the runemaster pvp, ghar station em, black garden, karthan ridge, and codex. We ended up giving up on queing for specific pvp matches, and just stayed with random.

The making pvp queing for specific warfronts patron only really did hit the patrons harder than i guess anticipated. It isn't a patron benefit, but pretty much a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueStuff View Post
    To be honest, I liked the shielding bug. And I bet a lot of the people that raided today did too.
    I like being invincible, but that doesn't mean it should be in the game.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Yeah, but after having minions freeze because of the paywall, the AH not telling me how much I'm being charged putting up stuff, very long que lines for specific warfronts as a patron, random fps drops in pvp and in tempest bay, the complete mess of a chat system, the combined trolls of all the shards being on one chat, not being able to create new chats, and the very expensive essences that are bop mess, that one bug was pretty much uplifting.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Pipntas View Post
    WHY THE HELL ARE YOU KILLING RIFT?!?!?! .
    because they don't care..Its all about the money! I also am a patron..but mine won't be renewed either!! I only paid for the Patron to support the game. Because I liked it so much. Now I think that greed has taken them to another level. So sad to see how well they killed the game so quick for many.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCootr View Post
    because they don't care..Its all about the money! I also am a patron..but mine won't be renewed either!! I only paid for the Patron to support the game. Because I liked it so much. Now I think that greed has taken them to another level. So sad to see how well they killed the game so quick for many.
    I cancelled my patron for this as well.

Plane Walker

Someone just about daily claims to cancel their subscription, i wonder how many really do......

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    Someone just about daily claims to cancel their subscription, i wonder how many really do......
    Had a guildie say he was fed up after three years of play, said bye and disappear into the ether nether. I'm pretty sure he's gone.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    pretty sure that it's not a bug, it's a nerf that was accidentally removed, and they were like: CAN'T LET 'EM HAVE THAT! it used to be part of the game to be invincible, you know, when the people that didn't outgear a raid had a better chance of clearing content.
    Proper punctuation: "i helped my uncle, jack, off a horse yesterday."
    Proper capitalization: "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse yesterday."
    What most people do in MMO chat: "i helped my uncle jack off a horse yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Had a guildie say he was fed up after three years of play, said bye and disappear into the ether nether. I'm pretty sure he's gone.
    Or... he didn't feel like being in the guild anymore but was too nice of a guy to just leave and took this opportunity to finally start over on a new character.
    We will never know, he's gone in the ether nether.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast