+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: So disappointed

Alright so I just came back to this game after being gone since release of Nightmare Tide. I am now reading the forums to get caught up on all the new things happening in this game.

So far I have found out you have to purchase Earrings and Planer Water gear via the store

I am losing my ability to que for the dungeon and warfront I want.

No longer able to catch up on weekly ques if I miss a day cause of the loss of charges

Gotta say, what a horrible time to come back.

I have purchased every Collectors Edition and dlc pack since vanilla. I have stopped playing and returned multiple times. I left my account subbed for well over a year while not playing because I loved this game and want it to thrive.

Now that I am no longer subbed, I am losing out on key things that are just basic features of an MMO. Not to mention I cant convince anyone I know to come back or START playing this game because of the Gear and Earring slot purchase requirements.

@Ocho - As a Community Representative, please explain to me after the amount of money I have spent on this game, why it's ok that I am about to lose the above features (Including what else I will be losing in the future due to making Patron "Better").

I was the biggest supporter of this game. I am seriously considering stopping now before I get back into this game.
    Last edited by Favortizm; 02-10-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Default So Content

I am a Patron and I am having a lot of fun. What I would like to see is Trion to go onto the servers and find the graphic glitches and fix them, like in Draumhiem bushes from outside of the walls blowing into the city etc. Greybriar server does have it glitch problems but the fun I am having outweighs the glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Let's take ranger for instance as a soul that's often touted as completely useless. Ranger is great for leveling. It's easy, the macros and rotations are simple (if you even want to use them), and it works very well for what it is. It isn't a particularly useful soul for Raiding or PvP, but you don't judge a hammer by its use in sawing wood. Not every soul is equally useful in every situation, nor are they really intended to be.

Now you might not have a use for Ranger, but that doesn't mean that no one does. Fortunately your character isn't a Ranger, it's a Rogue. You can level using the Ranger soul, PvP as a Marksman, and raid as a NB/Sin hybrid. Or do it all in reverse if you wanted to for some reason.

Some souls could use some work yes, and those will keep rolling out in time. I know for example Beastmaster will probably see some love soon, and Dominator later on is a likely candidate. I don't think the Systems team will ever stop working on or improving both existing and new souls. Their task is endless.
    So what you're saying is that pet souls will only ever be viable while leveling and when you hit max level you should stop using them. That's just sad and goes to show you guys have no interest whatsoever in them. But then again i kind of knew this from a post a couple of years back. You should consider re-labeling them if that's the case from damage soul. Take Elementalist for example, it suffers from everything and brings nothing to a group. Rubbish AOE (Burning ground STILL 2s cast 8s CD so OP rofl), subpar ST damage, 8s pet summon, lack of interrupt/decent cc, lack of mobility, pathing issues with pets, Intensify/Reclaim Elements on a 2m CD... 2 Minutes!!!... need i go on. At max level the soul offers nothing that other mage souls do much better. It's quite frustrating to play the soul at times and other souls are EASIER to play. Where's the new pet skins for the water ele btw or an update? we've been stuck with the same pathetic looking blob of water for nearly 5 years!!! But ofc, you don't care.
    Thoya - Gelidra
    Former Sagespire and Blightweald resident

Soulwalker

Default Pay your subs get the lot

How about a straight up deal for patrons - all the souls - access to all items including T2 raid gear with platinum instead of the rex bs - I dunno - seems pricey enough without the store on top...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    So as someone with nearly 3 decades in the restaurant business. I can tell you, you definitely Leave the Free Bread Alone! You can slightly raise the prices on everything else (repeatedly every once in awhile even) and not 1 customer will mind. People, humans are creatures of habit, if they are used to the free bread and you take it away, you will lose customers. Change a single recipe you lose customers.

<snip>

Anyway just had to pipe in on how bad and completely wrong your analogy is. What ever you do in a restaurant business. Don't **** with the free condiments.
    I will chime in on this one (I was going to anyway, but give credit to who got there first), especially the last paragraph.

I was a store manager in a "quick service" restaurant for 10 years (don't call it fast food, or my franchise owner will have another coronary and he is very old, so be kind lol) One of the first things I learned at how-to-be-a-store-manager school is this: a happy customer will tell 2-3 others of their positive experience, but an unhappy one will tell 7-12--and usually, much more passionately. A positive experience when complaining about something will result in a significantly increased chance of customer retention, while a negative one will have the reverse effect.

There are plenty of other restaurants to drive through for french fries, and treating a customer as if they should go somewhere else usually means they will. (I had to fire a junior manager for telling a customer that 'XX is a mile up the road, go there if you aren't happy.')

As for free bread; two specific instances show just how horribly wrong you are. In both, we were instructed (by the corporation, not our owner) to charge for a previously free item, "to cover the expenses of those items to us." First, we were to charge five cents for water ordered through the drive-through. Second, we were to charge twenty cents for additional sauces beyond the first, regardless of the size of the item ordered that used them.

To put it in kid-safe wording, it went over like a lead balloon on a high-gravity world. We'd raised prices on our previously 1$ priced burger by 19 cents and less than one person in 100 complained. The charge for the above previously free items was disastrous. The perception was that we were 'nickel-and-dime'ing the customer without providing improved service. It was such an uproar that those charges were eliminated.

When we offered items such as burgers for free or at a discount, we always sold more than the original item (ie, if burger A was normally 3.99 but we offered BOGO on the first 2 in an order, we frequently sold an extra two at full price because of the perceived savings, giving us 1 1/2 burgers profit.)

One final anecdote for you (where I had the attitude Trion has and was proven wrong). We added a fancy coffee-beverage making machine to the store to sell latte and that sort of schmancy joe. My position was that the training involved for our employees was ridiculous and that no one would pay 3.79$ for a coffee at a restaurant such as ours when our most expensive previously was 1.29.

Training was, indeed, a pain in the patucus. Our employees complained about the difficulty and whined that the coffee would make their jobs way too hard. It was bumpy at first, yes. BUT--sales were insane. We gave the impression that we had finally joined the 21st century and were once again looking to be the best at what we did, and people willingly paid for it.

It seems to me, Trion, that you have decided the costs of becoming cutting-edge and the extra work that would be required of your employees, are not worth the profit gained later. I'm a patron, but I've been f2p (I was a subscriber from just after the original game beta as well) and your reasoning is just ridiculous. You'd rather not ask your employees to work a little harder, than improve your returns from customers because of the upgrade.

Someone who may only use in-game currency for a REX once in 3 months will be far more likely to pay RL cash for a new, non-essential item they see as worth it (vanity clothes and NEW, upscale dim items for example) than to obtain something they previously got for free. You're chasing one set of whales and ignoring another huge set completely

Before you say, oh, we are upgrading, just deal with the mistakes and screw-ups in the mean time: we didn't roll out our product until it was fully ready. We didn't ask our customers to accept lukewarm, bitter coffee, or leaky cups, or anything else while we tweaked our system. And the machine was very, very expensive (six digits) so it would have been easy to push it out before it was ready, to start recouping the costs.

Basic business practice is the same, regardless of the business type.

Also, taking away the free bread is never going to actually increase your profits.

Quote Originally Posted by pindar View Post
    How about a straight up deal for patrons - all the souls - access to all items including T2 raid gear with platinum instead of the rex bs - I dunno - seems pricey enough without the store on top...
    It's only a matter of time before something like that happens.
    Since they showed a willingness to take things away, it wouldn't surprise me at all if new souls became patron exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoiyuri View Post
    a bunch of stuff
    Off topic, but is it sad that from not one, but three separate parts of that I know exactly where you worked? and have never worked there myself? #yesiwasafatkidwhydoyouask
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Plane Touched

Always happy to take a stab at it.

Inflation in the RIFT economy has been one of the most discussed topics (both on the forums and here in the studio) for the last year. Part of our efforts in addressing this is reducing free plat in the economy. That means an increase in some prices that matter, and are going to have long term impact. The benefit is that the market should normalize a bit, as existing platinum is drained out.

OK, here's where I don't understand your (Trion's) arguments. You say there is too much platinum in the game and, while I feel that certainly does not apply to my account, I'm sure there are probably players with mind-boggling platinum balances.

Yet the two announced changes to Patron will mean I no longer have to pay healers for a soul mend after I die and will pay less platinum to post auctions. Correct? They will have the opposite effect to what you say needs to happen.

It seems to me that it would have made more sense to increase soul mending costs in order to "encourage players to die less often". If inflation is such a hot topic in your offices and something that needs to be addressed, why implement changes that will remove LESS platinum? It makes it seem you're trying to argue both sides of the issue.

Inflation is a problem and we have to drain more platinum from the economy.

and

Inflation's not a problem so we're letting you keep more of your platinum.

Am I being allowed to keep more platinum here in order to pay the higher costs for crafting reagents? I logged on today to play a bit and went to do an Artificer daily on a toon I'm leveling. The recipe calls for two Savant reagents at 1.5 plat each. The reward when I turn it in would be a "massive" 3 plat, 6 gold (and a few silver).

This isn't really going to drain platinum, either, but it is likely to change crafting from an activity in Rift that I do because I enjoy it to something that I suppose I'll do if I have to but will otherwise avoid.

I truly am sorry to say that, as I look through today's (and recently announced) changes for a reason to want to extend my patron status, I'm not finding much.

Lastly, apologies if someone has already brought this up - I haven't read all the way through the thread yet.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #69

Quote Originally Posted by hayBREEE View Post
    What Trion also need to realize is that the USD is one of the few rising currencies in the world right now and that makes it super expensive to buy ANYTHING for those not local. The majority of Rifts playerbase outside of The Americas is Europe (and some few in the Oceanic region)
    International business is rough on everyone. Do we charge the same price? Many would argue that that is the fairest policy. Do we charge different prices in each region based on earning potential? Some would argue that that is the friendliest policy. Although that is a more common argument when currencies are lower. No one argued that any other region should pay more when their currencies were more valuable.

Ultimately what it comes down to is that our costs are based in US$ and therefore our prices are pegged to the US$. We review prices from time to time based on currency changes and adjust them to similar costs (before factoring in taxes applied by various governments and localities).

I totally get the bummer of this. I used to buy wargaming models from a UK company. When the value of the dollar dropped compared to the pound, the models effectively got more expensive for me. Didn't get any cheaper for them to make though, and so I understand why I had to pay more personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammon View Post
    Take Elementalist for example
    Elementalist is definitely on the list for needing upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post

Being able to choose which dungeon / warfront to go into isn't some fluffy, unimportant, nice-to-have thing. It's fundamental and basic functionality of an MMO. With this upcoming change you're effectively telling people that if they don't pay you, or team up with other players that pay you, they can't choose to do the dungeons / warfronts they want to.
    There's a work around solution for dungeons for anyone that wants a specific one. Form a group and travel there. It's not as convenient, but it certainly makes for much better groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoosyourdaddy View Post
    But I would come back and probably be a patron and probably spend more than I should if they gave more attention to FLUFF. Playing as a hardcore raider was difficult, but FLUFF keeps you going even when you're wiping for weeks on Zilas progression... or when Hikos rage quits because he forgets left and right. I WANT MORE COSTUMES, AND MORE COOL THINGS.
    Having a big team makes fluff much more possible. Would love to see a thread on the kinds of fluff you want to see and how you would like it to be available.

There's a work around solution for dungeons for anyone that wants a specific one. Form a group and travel there. It's not as convenient, but it certainly makes for much better groups.
    Why even have this in the first place then? So you wanna make things difficult for your player base instead of just making it fun and easy? @Ocho

I been back a week. And FF14 with no content to do is beginning to be more appealing because it doesn't hinder me for no reason.

I wanna sub to the game because I want to sub. Not because it becomes a requirement to have fun.
    Last edited by Favortizm; 02-10-2016 at 01:36 PM.

just a quick reply to Ocho's last comment :

There have already been numerous threads with lots of suggestions form the players on various things that could be monetised quite successfully, there have also been a lot of suggestions in all the recent "Change" threads.

If you could get someone to review these threads and build a list of all the suggestions you could run forum polls for the players to rank them for you - you could also advertise the poll, or even email it to all your customers to get a more complete picture on what the players would like to see happen?

Hope that helps,

Ascendant

Does not apply to Warfronts.
    Last edited by Repster; 02-10-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

This new policy with regard to finding ways to make money is not going to end well. The way to get players to spend more money is to provide incentives, give them reasons to WANT to spend more. Trying to get players to spend more by, in effect, imposing penalties against those who choose not to spend, will only drive players away. I played this game in the early days, when the game had to be purchased and a sub paid but, I won't be spending any more now.
    Last edited by Captain Kremmen; 02-20-2016 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kremmen View Post
    This new policy with regard to finding ways to make is not going to end well. The way to get players to spend more money is to provide incentives, give them reasons to WANT to spend more. Trying to get players to spend more by, in effect, imposing penalties against those who choose not to spend, will only drive players away. I played this game in the early days, when the game had to be purchased and a sub paid but, I won't be spending any more now.
    "Enticing" people to spend more is the key word here,something which has been lost sight of with these new changes.
    Last edited by Asenturius; 02-10-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    -=Insert huge list of raid kills and achievements here=-

International business is rough on everyone. Do we charge the same price? Many would argue that that is the fairest policy. Do we charge different prices in each region based on earning potential? Some would argue that that is the friendliest policy. Although that is a more common argument when currencies are lower. No one argued that any other region should pay more when their currencies were more valuable.

Ultimately what it comes down to is that our costs are based in US$ and therefore our prices are pegged to the US$. We review prices from time to time based on currency changes and adjust them to similar costs (before factoring in taxes applied by various governments and localities).

I totally get the bummer of this. I used to buy wargaming models from a UK company. When the value of the dollar dropped compared to the pound, the models effectively got more expensive for me. Didn't get any cheaper for them to make though, and so I understand why I had to pay more personally.

Ocho, before the 30% price increase, i bought about one 100 credit pack every 3 months and i bought plenty of things in the store.

Now i don't buy credit pack and i won't buy one until you do an interesting promotion or until i could find really really interesting items in the store.

Result: i give less money to Trion.

I think you should think about that and consider revert the 30% credit price increase.

It's a win-win.

You lower the price and we will buy more credits more often.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast