+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Green Lips - Graphics issues that plague so many players

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Luckily it's only two weeks away!
    You're such a tease Snedhepl
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This is actually the opposite of true.

We're closer now to understanding the root cause of this issue, and it remains something we're actively investigating. Work on this issue is ongoing, a big part of why it hasn't been addressed already is the difficulty in figuring out the true root cause.

While graphics issues aren't quite as high priority to us as say players not being able to log in, they are still very important. Dead Simon put this to me very eloquently once, so I'll go ahead and use his words here:

"Anyone who says that graphics issues do not affect game play is wrong. Part of the fun of playing an MMO especially one as beautiful as RIFT is to be in an amazing fantasy world. Graphic issues can ruin that experience; to me that is the definition of affecting gameplay."

Right now we have a potential solution that we hope will put this one to rest on the PTS server, but we won't know until it hits live. Because of the extreme difficulty in fixing this bug we remain wary but hopeful that soon this sort of issue will be a thing of the past.
    Well I'll be hogtied and hornswoggled if that don't beat all. For my eyes, this is the first time this issue has been acknowledged as a "real issue" so somewhere between then and now you were able to duplicate the issue (albeit inconsistently perhaps) AND figured out it does affect gameplay (thank you Dead Simon!). Ocho, imo, that was true from a dedicated player point of view with all the misanthropic denials, rebuttals, double-speak and silence of the devs on this issue. It's your sandbox, I get that, we signed an agreement that says we are subject to your rules, that includes the sharing/not sharing of information. ;)

On a positive note, we (my mom and I) may come back to the game if this is truly fixed. I'd love it.
    Last edited by Janella; 03-23-2016 at 07:38 AM.
    Main: Branwenluned@US-Faeblight, FEM dwarf cleric, dps/heal souls
    Alt: Brigantea@US-Faeblight, FEM Eth Mage, dps souls

Main: Deidrascarletin@EU-Blightweild, FEM dwarf rogue, dps souls
    Alt: Eileanoir@EU-Typhiria, FEM Eth warrior, dps/tank souls

The smaller the mind the greater the arrogance. - Aesop

Unfortunately it has to wait until 3.6. The fix involves some graphical format changes and could cause a rather large patch, so it's better to wait. Luckily it's only two weeks away!
    Ok I can understand that: better safe than sorry Thanks !

Rift is such a beautiful looking game when you have every graphics setting maxed out, and a character that looks the way you want it to look, with matching wardrobe etc ;) Can't wait !
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Right now we have a potential solution that we hope will put this one to rest on the PTS server, but we won't know until it hits live. Because of the extreme difficulty in fixing this bug we remain wary but hopeful that soon this sort of issue will be a thing of the past.
    Thanks Ocho, Snedhepl and the entire dev team for finally revealing you are doing something about this issue. I know there are greater, more disruptive bugs and issues in the game but with these graphic issues fixed (a constant thorn in our flesh) perhaps we can focus on those other bugs and issues with greater hope of solutions and press onward with less negativity.

Unfortunately it has to wait until 3.6. The fix involves some graphical format changes and could cause a rather large patch, so it's better to wait. Luckily it's only two weeks away!
    Sned, if this well and truly gets fixed, I will make brownies and send them down to Trion HQ. (Ocho and the other former Paragon staff can attest to them.)

It'll be so nice to be able to make videos again!

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #51

Quote Originally Posted by Janella View Post
    Well I'll be hogtied and hornswoggled if that don't beat all. For my eyes, this is the first time this issue has been acknowledged as a "real issue"
    While I can't speak about events prior to my tenure, it's actually not the first time we've publicly discussed a fix for this issue since I've been here. Because we've never had repro steps that could produce the issue on demand, it's been a particularly knotty one to track down. That being said, we think this fix has a pretty darn good chance of crushing this bug for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Sned, if this well and truly gets fixed, I will make brownies and send them down to Trion HQ. (Ocho and the other former Paragon staff can attest to them.)

It'll be so nice to be able to make videos again!
    That's going to be some mission walking those brownies to Trion HQ! But those boots are made for walking.

Also looking forward to seeing Samuraiko Productions doing vids again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    That's going to be some mission walking those brownies to Trion HQ! But those boots are made for walking.

Also looking forward to seeing Samuraiko Productions doing vids again.
    Actually, are there some white faced cookies with green lips that can be baked? I'm serious!

For Nvidia graphics cards users , try Geforce Experience.
    When I let that set my Rift settings I don't get this pale face bug.
    I only get pale face / green lips when I set my graphics with the in-game settings.

What ever Geforce Experience is changing in the Rift folder, it seems to be fixing the paleface / green lips bug.

(I set it to just below medium in the GeForce window).
    But I have had the same success at higher settings too.

Here's my Specs if it helps.

Last edited by Wackywoo; 04-09-2016 at 06:31 AM.
    [No longer an active player]

Wackywoo - Nvidia Exp did NOT solve the issue for me on either of the two systems that have Nvidia cards: a) GTX 950 2Gb; b) GTX 760 TI 1Gb (older, but did not see the graphic glitches as much). Both a) is Win7 and b) is WinXP. a) is running latest driver while b) still uses an older version.
    Last edited by OldeThom; 04-10-2016 at 09:34 AM. Reason: left out a few words - doh!

I was hoping the bug had something to do with my old rig being so old, and the game putting my 4gb of system ram at 80-90% usage. I upgraded to a new system that runs most new games at max settings, 16gb of ram and a 8gb video card and I still get the graphic glitches almost right away when switching between characters. On a positive note, I hardly get any load screens running around Draum now. LoL

Rift Chaser

Thumbs up

I am going to give a tentative thumbs up to this being fixed in 3.6 as I spent half an hour during some spare time and was unable to reproduce.

Will be doing more testing later but it looks very promising.

Edit: As an additional note, this also appears to have fixed the spell effect issues in the Wardrobe preview. I'm also hopeful it has fixed many of the other issues sometimes seen that may be related.

Edit2:

Having spent 3-4 hours and been through multiple IA's and lots of hanging around Margle Palace, Tempest Bay, Merdian and Sanctum, I have not once experienced White head/green lips.

My guild members also agreed they haven't seen it either.

Last edited by Spikeles; 04-14-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Rift Chaser

Better fire up your oven Samuraiko, I believe you may have some baking to do.

Ascendant

I can confirm this. Both my wife and I have been plagued badly by this bug, it got so bad that after a game restart sometimes one loading screen was enough to trigger the bug.

I now did IAs, PTW rifts, and NT zone events, and though this includes a lot of loading screens, I have not seen the bug since 3.6 went live.

Good job there, thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeles View Post
    Better fire up your oven Samuraiko, I believe you may have some baking to do.
    I will be putting Raelskye through her paces a bit later on today to see for myself.

If so, brownies will be on their way to Redwood City.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast