+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Guild preying behavior

Default Guild preying behavior

If you are brand new in the game and just started a guild, or if you are and old player that got a bit forgetfull about your guild bank permission, I suggest you all take 5 mins to look at your guild ranks and guild bank permissions for new members. It has been noted that for the past few days a player is roaming around the shard preying on guilds with a low lvl alt and reaping what he can in guild bank and leaving only to move on to another guild to do the same. Be carefull, and have a good evening!

Quote Originally Posted by Amielle View Post
    If you are brand new in the game and just started a guild, or if you are and old player that got a bit forgetfull about your guild bank permission, I suggest you all take 5 mins to look at your guild ranks and guild bank permissions for new members. It has been noted that for the past few days a player is roaming around the shard preying on guilds with a low lvl alt and reaping what he can in guild bank and leaving only to move on to another guild to do the same. Be carefull, and have a good evening!
    Lol I had two newcomers lately that haven't been on after being accepted.
    Not saying anything bad about them because nothing was taken from the vault they have permissions for. There's nothing of value there anyways but still :P

Pretty much an obvious decision to only rank up those guild members you trust even without some scammers running around shards tho.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Indeed it is, but just in case some forgot or are new, better talk about it than to let him hits more target. He has been through at least 4 or 5 guilds in 2 days so far.
    Last edited by Amielle; 01-26-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Indeed it is, but just in case some forgot or are new, better talk about it than to let him hits more target. He has been through at least 4 or 5 guilds in 2 days so far.
    Acting like this only to rob people who were kind to you of digital fluff is so pathetic I'm not even sure if it's more sad than funny.

Sigh.

Honnestly it wasnt that bad of a robbery, and i couldnt care less. But after seing him going through several guilds in such a short time I had to warn others.

Honnestly it wasnt that bad of a robbery, and i couldnt care less. But after seing him going through several guilds in such a short time I had to warn others.
    Yeah you know, it's not the value of stuff that matters, it's the idea of a person being so miserable they actually bother going door to door to steal some stuffs here and there because there is no other way they can get anything in a game. Almost makes me feel sorry for them

Yes just for the principle of it. This is an unnaceptable behavior and ppl have to be warn about it.

General of Telara

I always put new members I've recruited on a 2 week guild bank ban. If they can last 2 weeks without the need to take one item from the bank when they hit the next rank, it usually works out..

I had one person that was recruited got so mad 2 days after joining that he couldn't retrieve anything from the GB that he posted a nasty message on the guild wall about it, then quit the guild...lol

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    I always put new members I've recruited on a 2 week guild bank ban. If they can last 2 weeks without the need to take one item from the bank when they hit the next rank, it usually works out..

I had one person that was recruited got so mad 2 days after joining that he couldn't retrieve anything from the GB that he posted a nasty message on the guild wall about it, then quit the guild...lol
    My message says "if you need anything just ask", if a new person fails to read it it's not really my problem lol.
    Last edited by Laeti; 01-27-2016 at 10:46 AM.

General of Telara

well, it reminds me 2 years ago, when our guild bank was clean empty overnight and that guy gone, well, since then always new guys are limited to 3 items per day, still they have spend few hours while with us, and we see, if they friendly, etc, to give little higher rank to access vault

If it were me I'd set the recruit rank to no access to Guild Bank at all. New comers to the guild would stay at that rank for one to two weeks. The next two ranks though I'd set to deposit only, thus they had would have to climb the ranks three times before they could even withdraw anything, even then I would limit the amount they could withdraw. In my mind if they had any nefarious idea's of clearing out the Guild Bank this method would force them to leave well before they ever got the chance.

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

Yes, it is happening. Level 7 alt. Guildfinder app, accepted, raided GB and quit in a matter of minutes. We have new members limited enough that I wonder if the "profits" are worth the effort.

While it's not anyone's place to recommend guild leaders any changes to ranks, I think it's still important that you report the player(s) who act this way. Forum warning is a good thing but it's not really dealing with the problem itself. Such behavior is not acceptable and should be dealt with.

Rift Chaser

Good thing is if reported he won't last long. I'd like to see his face when he tries logging into his deleted acct that fateful day.

Oh report has been done that's for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast