+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Returning Players Guide

Soulwalker

"Download RIFT and enter the vast, magical world of Telara. Experience an unprecedented class system, massive dynamic battles, and player housing like you’ve never seen before – all for free."

Until you meet the paywall....

Thx for info

Shadowlander

Default Getting back into the game help

Hello,

Me and my friend are thinking of coming back to rift the last we played we left of as lvl 60 characters so we paid for storm legion. If we wanted to come back and play how much money would that be I cant tell by the store to many different packs which one would I actually need.

thank you

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beowoolf View Post
    Hello,

Me and my friend are thinking of coming back to rift the last we played we left of as lvl 60 characters so we paid for storm legion. If we wanted to come back and play how much money would that be I cant tell by the store to many different packs which one would I actually need.

thank you
    First to give you the short answer. The game is free to play so the only thing you need or would even want to buy are soul packs for the individual callings. There is a pack now that will get you caught up on every soul + some extra goodies here: https://rift.trionworlds.com/product...spotlight-tags

If you only want certain souls for the particular class you're playing though, then you can still purchase those individually via the in game store. For extra information you can look at: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ing-guide.html

The current returning player guides including this one are a bit out of date and have yet to be unpinned. Hope this all helps
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Tried playing the game tonight. It was so boring I got sick. Nothing new for any game updates SSDD.. This goes across all aspects of the game. Nothing new to raid, build or collect. GG

Soulwalker

Default What is this game ?

So when this game came out I loved it have the collectors edition and everything decided to give it a try again. WHAT HAPPENED! I understand the pay shop sure thats fine but the game play is so different I loved being able to pick and choose classes now it tells me thats doesnt suit your purpose...pfft I decide what my purpose is or atleast thats how this game used to be.

anyway as it stands my question is what happened to this game ?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by vaxxer View Post
    The game has evolved... in a direction most old time players abhor, and thus have already left. If you're looking for a game as Rift was 5 years ago, I guess you should continue your search somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by vaxxer View Post
    So when this game came out I loved it have the collectors edition and everything decided to give it a try again. WHAT HAPPENED! I understand the pay shop sure thats fine but the game play is so different I loved being able to pick and choose classes now it tells me thats doesnt suit your purpose...pfft I decide what my purpose is or atleast thats how this game used to be.

Simply put, the 'Purpose' is the pre-built spec you can select when you start a character or respec a Role.

It's optional, and there to help people with no idea what specs work. When you assign a point in a talent that doesn't align with the recommendations of the pre-built spec, you can choose to either stick with the pre-build, or abandon it entirely

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    The game has evolved... in a direction most old time players abhor, and thus have already left. If you're looking for a game as Rift was 5 years ago, I guess you should continue your search somewhere else.
    Sadly I'm not sure such a game exists any more, and it more than likely wouldn't fare too well financially. Too much sense of entitlement and need for instant gratification in society these days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2