+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Mazoga

Thread: Mark of Notoriety

Default Mark of Notoriety

Maybe it's just me noobing but it might as well be a bug.
    I had some marks of notoriety on my main, they were just sitting in the bags for the time I decide to level one of the reps. Then I levelled an alt, and thought I could just send them over to her so she could get some "free" notoriety too.

So I'm sending some 50 marks to her (lvl 65 to lvl 65), but then she can't loot them because a message says "You already have the maximum number of this item". I think, okay, maybe it's some fresh 65 bug and she needs to like turn some in before she can loot more. So I send them back, and then when I try looting them back on my main I get the same message. I haven't gotten any marks since I sent that mail, so I can't possibly be maxed on them. Clearly 7 marks I got left are not the max amount I can have at one time because you need 10 to turn in for the rep quest.

So, am I bugged? Are the rep marks bugged?
    Had no problem with a stack of Commendations of Renown - the alt got them, turned them in, all is fine.

I'd really love to know what happened;)
    Haven't tried earning any from zone events yet, if I get one, I'll post an update, but so far my 50 marks are stuck in the mail being totally useless
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Plane Walker

I'm having that, aswell. I haven't turned in the ones I have yet, so on my side that's the "problem".

The max Mark of Notoriety you can have on a character (bags and bank) is 50. If one character has 7, and you sent 50, you will not be able to take them out.
    Send smaller chunks and/or use the mail as temporary storage.

Shadowlander

Default There is a cap limit on them

I learned about 2 weeks ago they put a cap on the limit each toon can have stored up. 50 is the limit. So if you have that on a toon, you need to use them. Check your bags to see if you have the cap for them (fast/easy way to find them is hit Ctrl+F, type in Notoriety and they'll show up). You can send some to an alt and get more on your main to send around to your toons. But if you don't have the full 50 cap and still can't loot them from mail, then yes, you are bugged.

Default Marks of Noteriety / Commendation and how they work for alts...

Check in your Alts bags, you will most likely have some Marks of Noteriety that you had forgotten about. The point is that you can only have a maximum of 50 marks IN TOTAL (and a maximum of 250 Marks of Commendation) on an alt or in their bags or bank. If the number of marks they will receive is over this total the alt cannot loot these items from their mail.

Go to the NPC where you turn in the marks with you alt and you can turn in 10 per day for a decree of your choice that they provide. (you dont have to have these marks on you, they can be in you bank). The NPC actually provides the info of how many Marks you have on that character, (look at the first number out of 10) after a few days at least you will be out of marks and can get the marks in the mail from your main.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies!
    Looks like I'm still bugged, because I had more than 50 stored on my main before sending them to the alt. I only sent 50, but I actually have more in my bags.

Also, from that chunk I sent, the alt did receive 7 marks. 50 more stayed in the mail. The alt did not have any marks before I sent them, it was a fresh toon with empty bags.

So currently both toons have 7 marks each and a chunk of 50 marks stuck in the mail between them.
    I will try to shift-separate them when I get home and see how it goes.

Default Easily fixed...

Easily fixed, simply send the 7 marks on your alts back to your main. When the marks are in the mail they are not "on" your alt. Take the 50 marks in the mail from your main and use them 10 per day until they are depleted, rinse and repeat until they are all gone/used up for rep.

BTW different NPC's give different noteriety (Vanilla zones, Meridian/Sanctum, Ember Isle, PTW) if these are important to you for runes, rep. wardrobe, dimension items you can buy.
    Last edited by thunder 1; 01-06-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder 1 View Post
    Easily fixed, simply send the 7 marks on your alts back to your main. When the marks are in the mail they are not "on" your alt. Take the 50 marks in the mail from your main and use them 10 per day until they are depleted, rinse and repeat until they are all gone/used up for rep.
    This should do it yeah, I had a similar issue where I sent 50 off to an alt (who had a grand total of.. one) and couldn't take them cause they were stacked. They're safe in the mail though you won't lose them, just get rid of marks on one of the characters and you can get them back.

Plane Walker

Send it back to your main and just send the alt back 43. Why would you need to make a thread on here. Thisbisnt rocket science people.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder 1 View Post

BTW different NPC's give different noteriety (Vanilla zones, Meridian/Sanctum, Ember Isle, PTW) if these are important to you for runes, rep. wardrobe, dimension items you can buy.
    Thanks! I'm waiting for the game to patch now so I could try everything. I do know everything about rep, problem is I never had any issues with those marks, I always just hoarded them and used whenever I needed.

Well I dunno if that would help anyone, but I did fix it after all, by sending stuff back and forth in parts.

What I do know is that I had more than 50 marks sitting in my main's bags before sending them to the alt. If 50 is the cap then either I'm bugged (or, rather, unbugged now lol), or maybe something's changed.

+ Reply to Thread