+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beta Question

Soulwalker

Default Beta Question

Hey everyone, I pre-ordered this game a while back and played in the last Beta. Since then I had to reformat my computer and I figured i'd just be able to re-download the rift launcher. However, I no longer have that option. Is this something I should contact Trion about or do I just need to wait for a new invitation?

Hrm, you may have to wait for an invitation. Did you check the main site for any other place to download the client?

You'll need to wait for the Beta 6 invitation before you can download and patch the client. That should be happening either today or tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ay_Dubbs View Post
    Hey everyone, I pre-ordered this game a while back and played in the last Beta. Since then I had to reformat my computer and I figured i'd just be able to re-download the rift launcher. However, I no longer have that option. Is this something I should contact Trion about or do I just need to wait for a new invitation?
    It'll be on your account page again in the next day
    Dru

Or do you have to wait? do alittle searching of the site my friend I down loaded my beta well before i got a beta invita Via preorder. I will try to come though all my old net cookies n see were it was. gime about 10 mins

Found it http://update2.triongames.com/patche...cher_setup.exe
    its under the support option of the main side buddy if you don't trust the link
    just type in beta down load
    Last edited by Crisus; 02-02-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: found more info

Quote Originally Posted by Crisus View Post
    Or do you have to wait? do alittle searching of the site my friend I down loaded my beta well before i got a beta invita Via preorder. I will try to come though all my old net cookies n see were it was. gime about 10 mins
    You can download the client from http://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app/...etail/a_id/26/ and install it, but the problem is that you can't PATCH until you're invited for a beta event. The client is only 8mbs.
    Last edited by ---AlterEgo---; 02-02-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
    You can download the client from http://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app/...etail/a_id/26/ and install it, but the problem is that you can't PATCH until you're invited for a beta event. The client is only 8mbs.
    Really alter i down loaded what i just edited into my post and was able to down load the whole thing... only when trion flaged my account did i gain the ablity to play but I had all the updated patches for when beta 5 released.

BTW download took 2 hours for me :P

Sure you meant 8 GB not MB.. The download is about 4gigs.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    Sure you meant 8 GB not MB.. The download is about 4gigs.
    I did mean 8mbs. The client is just a small little thing, the patch is 8gbs and at release it'll probably be a 12gbs patch.

I did mean 8mbs. The client is just a small little thing, the patch is 8gbs and at release it'll probably be a 12gbs patch.
    This game is only 7.5 GB so no way should we expect a 12gb patch.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    This game is only 7.5 GB so no way should we expect a 12gb patch.
    The thing is, right now we don't have access to all content. Remember that it was only like 6gbs during beta 3 but then at beta 4 we had to download an extra 1.2gbs for the 2 new zones?
    I'm guessing it'll be some extra content to download for the all the zones, all the character models for the lvl 50 dungeons and so on.

Haveing same problem...was on diffrent PC for Beta 5....now on my Home PC...got the Patcher downloaded but loggin in to my account it says i dont have permission to play the game....i asome ill have to wait for the next invite so i can download the game....hope it is set early enough that i can download the game before Fridayy morning

+ Reply to Thread