+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree452Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Whoa Apotheosis

Quote Originally Posted by Essat View Post
    Knowing that the guilds involved with testing and the lead raid dev wanted more time for testing, who would push for a premature release and why?
    I blame Vyrrh

Tier 1 launched on November 6, 2014.
    Tier 2 launched on April 15, 2015, a little over 6 months later.
    Tier 3 launched on November 4, 2014, just under a year after Tier 1.

Mistypes everywhere broski
    Last edited by Rgizil; 01-04-2016 at 04:51 PM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    ...It is a fact that video game companies have to make money in order to support and grow games. I donít think anyone will disagree with that.
    We are in gaming because we are passionate about the experience (itís not the best way to get rich).
    We work hard to make games that we love to make and you love to play, and we put our hearts and souls into them...
    It is a fact that MANY of us pumped money into Rift in order to support it and have it grow into more than what it is. I doubt many will disagree with that.
    We played Rift because it was f-ing awesome and the content was designed to include everyone into every aspect of the game. (It took a little doing but nowhere near the grindfest and cashsink F2P Rift is.)
    We played hard to, in part, show you (The Devs) that we truly did love this game and were willing to stand with you as Rift moved forward, hopefully, for years to come.

But then you took our Rift money and spent it on other things instead of Rift and Rift suffered as a result.

We noticed.

We left.

Some of us still hope and pray at the margins that its not too late and you will keep our Rift money soley for Rift and return Rift to a state somewhere near the glory Rift once possessed.

But...

"In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

McChaffe said "Make notoriety account bound."

I think this is an excellent idea. In some ways it is already. For examply my rogue with the most notoriety can buy runes for any other rogue I have (ones they can't buy themselves). Same with my mages. My few clerics and the lone warrior are just SoL.

I have lots of alts and I'm simply not going to do Scarwood over and over again just for notoriety, for example.

As for PvE raiding guilds, I have no idea why they would be irritated with Rift. Think you're mistreated, give PvP focus a try sometime. We have been stepchildren for a very long time.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We totally agree with this sentiment. I actually just got back from the first of those meetings. There's always room for improvement, and we're making some changes to address areas where our internal policies weren't clear.

This is being addressed for folks who were entitled to the reward.
    Are we going to see any sort of statement released by Trion's executives following up on this? Don't know about anyone else here, but I was hoping to see something posted today. Yet the silence continues, not even a single post by anyone other than Ocho all day.

i have a very strong opinion on this, but i guess it's best i keep it to myself this time...
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Plane Walker

I don't even know what to say here. I guess I'll answer your question with another question. Do you have to buy any gear from the store with credits to raid???

Answer...No

Are you behind if you don't?

Answer No....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post

I think this is an excellent idea. In some ways it is already. For examply my rogue with the most notoriety can buy runes for any other rogue I have (ones they can't buy themselves). Same with my mages. My few clerics and the lone warrior are just SoL.

I have lots of alts and I'm simply not going to do Scarwood over and over again just for notoriety, for example.

As for PvE raiding guilds, I have no idea why they would be irritated with Rift. Think you're mistreated, give PvP focus a try sometime. We have been stepchildren for a very long time.
    Did i miss something , i thought it already was. I mail all my alts all notoriety runes, ghar lessers. Ect ect

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but can't you just tick the class selection to change the rune selection?
    But I do Agree that rep needs to be account bound, or we need the currency vouchers brought back (For example, I have to play my char with the rep to earn the currency to buy the rep focus to give to another char currently).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whoa Apotheosis-runes.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Genshiken View Post
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but can't you just tick the class selection to change the rune selection?
    But I do Agree that rep needs to be account bound, or we need the currency vouchers brought back (For example, I have to play my char with the rep to earn the currency to buy the rep focus to give to another char currently).
    Certain things like synergy crystals are blocked by rep and those aren't bound to account. Not to mention doing activities that would reward rep on an alt that you don't have finished on your main would be hugely beneficial.

Also last I checked, shal whatever rep was bound to each toon.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-04-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (ô)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertz View Post

I'd say that Apotheosis is Trion's child that was too spoiled and went rogue after not getting everything they wanted. Parent lost control of it. Meanwhile, Trion completely neglected rest of us, while wasting time measuring everything by standards their developers compared with Apotheosis skills, gear and funds (obtained as above).

If you haven't worked closely just with them, they'd be just an average guild, and lots of us dedicated players who love this game would get chances to do more and attribute more to bug reporting.

Learn from mistakes, Trion. Don't make another Apotheosis - Now that there's almost nobody else left to even try entering MoM on EU shards, think about how to make opportunities for people to replace your pets.
    You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
    I know that Oriya once made pvp contact with you on a pvp server and that it somehow scarred you for life but i wish you the best of luck in Rift in the future.

maybe if a few more pve guilds leave, we can make rift a PVP game again!
    Aym @ Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    If Rift has ever been a PvP game, then the Superbowl is a concert.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    Again? It was a PvP game before? :P

... nah make it a RP game ;)
    Serale@Faeblight

y'all must not have played on pvp servers. deepstrike was a lovely bood bath from beta until i gave up raiding (yes i did raid on rift at the start; i was young and dumb heh). we fought over towns, rifts, veins, herbs, PVP rifts, event bosses, looking at someone wrong, etc. when i came back after my break from the grindfest, deepstrike was gone and had to transfer to seastone. seastone's been great. many epic battles in stonefield and the 2 pvp daily areas.

and then...
    3.0 was released with all of its changes.
    Aym @ Seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast