+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 210
Like Tree452Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Whoa Apotheosis

  1. #91
    Plane Walker PrincessToxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    406

    Default

    its simple... Bring back open world PVP, and think of a way to make alts gear-able again. Like maybe make voidstones/ACM account bound. would make it easier to gear alts

  2. #92
    Plane Touched Grobari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    216

    Default

    feels like another nail in raid community's coffin
    Maniaq@Greybriar

  3. #93
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    <Insert another random rant here>
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  4. #94
    Rift Disciple Kinladar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khaleesy View Post
    its simple... Bring back open world PVP, and think of a way to make alts gear-able again. Like maybe make voidstones/ACM account bound. would make it easier to gear alts
    Removing or greatly boosting the currency caps would be something to add to that list.
    Kinladar - Rogue - Tank And Then Some
    Jinxt - Cleric Tank -- Jumedorm - Warrior Tank - (Hey, I sense a trend here)
    DAWN OF TERROR - [FAEBLIGHT]
    http://dawnrift.guildlaunch.com/


  5. #95
    Rift Disciple starbuck1771's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Guilds having problems is always sad. That being said, I'll address the rest of your questions with this quote:
    You can claim this: most of it is hyperbole or a distortion of the truth. however it should be investigated. MMO companies should have an internal affairs department so that when allegations are made against a dev or community team member they can be investigated. For all we know he could have been 100% truthful in that video and you and your underlings or the devs mentioned in the video could have done the bans/suspensions to cover up your misdeeds.

    Thats where the abuse of power comes in. The only person that should have been issueing bans or suspensions on this issue should have been Hartsman himself. This makes the entire thing that much more questionable.

  6. #96
    Shadowlander Raini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I would like to bring up a different issue the player base has. On the rare occasions that we come into an issue with either a quest or a mob and we bug report or submit a ticket, the moment it is decided that it is a "bug" you will NEVER recieve your missing reward or loot.
    This year:
    1) A mob teleports onto a rock, I am unable to reach, request the loot be sent to me. Response - not happening report a bug.
    2) All guardians are missing the 3rd loot from the 3rd phase far yule quest turn in. This year I did not bother to report the issue, you will see as follows.
    Last year: The 3rd reward in the 3rd phase fae yule did not reward to defiant. I tickeded, and tickeded until I gave up. Did those characters ever gain the missing teward? No.
    Why is this a problem? Because the original complaint is never addressed. There is no back reward or return the moment "report as bug" is decided. Great we probably already reported it as a bug, that helps the FUTURE, not now.

  7. #97
    Champion of Telara McChaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Make notoriety account bound.

    Bring back currency tickets that allow us to move the currency in ticket form and when we redeem the currency on our alts have it count towards their limits. We're still limited by how many tickets we can redeem on those characters thanks to the weekly cap, but it provides a way for me to funnel my currency from my main to multiple toons, since I no longer need T2 currency and below on my main.

    (Also heavily increase the amount of favor earned per WF/CQ kill and add favor payouts back to the weeklies.)
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-04-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

  8. #98
    Champion of Telara Wackywoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    I think the crafting needs to be looked at again.
    It's too expensive and doesn't feel rewarding at all.

    Right now to fully rune a single toon it requires.

    104 - Nightmare Stars. (338 plat)
    494 - Capricious stars. (711 plat)
    91 - Dust of the void. (910 Voidstones)
    156 - Attainium crystal. (156 plat)
    39 - Essence of reverie. (39 plat)

    Prices from Zaviel(EU).

    Reputation runes will total to 950 plat..

    Grand Total: 2194 plat

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #99
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck1771 View Post
    however it should be investigated.
    We totally agree with this sentiment. I actually just got back from the first of those meetings. There's always room for improvement, and we're making some changes to address areas where our internal policies weren't clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raini View Post
    2) All guardians are missing the 3rd loot from the 3rd phase far yule quest turn in. This year I did not bother to report the issue, you will see as follows.
    This is being addressed for folks who were entitled to the reward.

  10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #100
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    Release MoM because we want to put T2 gear on the store and make money off that while we're on vacation, regardless of its state of completion
    I‘d like to take this opportunity to chat about an ongoing issue that the quote above brings into focus. Often, when we offer something in game for sale, players say that we're making decisions solely based on revenue. Put in the Sparkle Quest? We clearly just want cash by selling more Warfront and Dungeon charges. Add PvP weapons for favor and credits? Solely for revenue. Release new Raid content? Merely a money grab.

    Let's take a look at the history for our raid release schedule:

    Tier 1 launched on November 6, 2014.
    Tier 2 launched on April 15, 2015, a little over 6 months later.
    Tier 3 launched on November 4, 2015, just under a year after Tier 1.

    We've tried to give the raiding community a new tier of content every 6 months, with smaller, supplementary releases in between. That seems like a pretty reasonable release plan, although it's not something we can always guarantee. People want regular content updates, we try to give regular content. The release of the gear is a distant secondary to getting content out so that everyone has new challenges to overcome.

    It is a fact that video game companies have to make money in order to support and grow games. I don’t think anyone will disagree with that.
    We are in gaming because we are passionate about the experience (it’s not the best way to get rich).
    We work hard to make games that we love to make and you love to play, and we put our hearts and souls into them.

    While we must make a profit in order to survive, we do not ruthlessly optimize for profit. If we can offer things that players want to buy and enjoy having, or perhaps saves them some time? Terrific, we all win.

    Content is still king… but it is really time consuming, and we have to pay for our servers and our Devs. Rift is one of those games in which your progress is not limited by the dollar, and we aim to keep it that way.
    Last edited by Ocho; 01-04-2016 at 05:57 PM.

  11. #101
    Rift Chaser Electrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    There's always room for improvement
    Nice, let's hope something good comes out of all this drama then

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Content is still king… but it is really time consuming, and we have to pay for our servers and our Devs.
    Well of course every company needs to make money, but I don't think anyone can deny that at the very least there is a serious perception problem concerning the Rift Store and its contents.
    Last edited by Electrah; 01-04-2016 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Ocho types faster than I do :P
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

  12. #102
    Ascendant Onebutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Id like to take this opportunity to chat about an ongoing issue that the quote above brings into focus. Often, when we offer something in game for sale, players say that we're making decisions solely based on revenue. Put in the Sparkle Quest? We clearly just want cash by selling more Warfront and Dungeon charges. Add PvP weapons for favor and credits? Solely for revenue. Release new Raid content? Merely a money grab.

    Let's take a look at the history for our raid release schedule:

    Tier 1 launched on November 6, 2014.
    Tier 2 launched on April 15, 2015, a little over 6 months later.
    Tier 3 launched on November 4, 2014, just under a year after Tier 1.

    We've tried to give the raiding community a new tier of content every 6 months, with smaller, supplementary releases in between. That seems like a pretty reasonable release plan, although it's not something we can always guarantee. People want regular content updates, we try to give regular content. The release of the gear is a distant secondary to getting content out so that everyone has new challenges to overcome.

    It is a fact that video game companies have to make money in order to support and grow games. I dont think anyone will disagree with that.
    We are in gaming because we are passionate about the experience (its not the best way to get rich).
    We work hard to make games that we love to make and you love to play, and we put our hearts and souls into them.

    While we must make a profit in order to survive, we do not ruthlessly optimize for profit. If we can offer things that players want to buy and enjoy having, or perhaps saves them some time? Terrific, we all win.

    Content is still king but it is really time consuming, and we have to pay for our servers and our Devs. Rift is one of those games in which your progress is not limited by the dollar, and we aim to keep it that way.
    I actually have thought the content has been just about right.. You will always have the top tier raiding guilds - which is a very small populous complain about releasing content too soon. Um.. Microsoft, hello!!!!!! lol.

    One of the things I would like to address is the customer support live chat has seemed to gone a bit to a more gathering of info and not being able to help. For example, I think it might be good to look into this group who handles the live chat and actually have them be able to remedy situations such as for example: Achievements, Loot issues, mobs being stuck or unreachable, harassment issues,etc.

    They use to do this a while back and it was actually quite comforting knowing someone was going to handle it and not just pass it on.. Right now, every single time I have contacted the live chat is has always been to forward info to some upper tier. The only time I believe they assist is with billing or a strict technical issue such as not being able to login for example.

    As for this current issue regarding Apoth, I believe from everything I have seen that even if any of the points made by the person in the video were valid, the presentation was far from proper, and egregious, and to me sounded like slander. However, it sounds like Trion does want to make a difference and improve both the game and community relations, and I really hope that lessons from both sides have been learned and people can move forward.

    All businesses in the world are there to make a profit and adding items into the store for people to purchase is completely optional.. It makes no difference at all if someone doing T3 raids has to deal with a brand new noob who just bought all of T2 gear in a bundle.. Why should that matter? It is not mandatory. It is profitable and most of you if you ran a business would look at angles to make money so you can then improve your product line.

    In all relationships, including gaming, people are going to get frustrated to the point of quitting or saying things they shouldn't. This is just another example.

    I still find the game fun. I still enjoy it. I hope it continues to get better!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

  13. #103
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    I‘d like to take this opportunity to chat about an ongoing issue that the quote above brings into focus...
    The reason people bring profit to question is that I do not believe any player or guild that took part in T3 PTS testing believed that much of T3 was ready for release. Past Lord Arak, there none of the bosses were released without significant bugs.

    This can be attributed to an early release of both halves of T3. With T3 released, guilds are unable to do PTS testing while progressing on bosses. This cut the guilds putting in hours on the PTS to test bosses to just the guilds that have cleared content. While these guilds put a significant amount of time into PTS testing, there is no way that a handful of guilds can provide the amount of testing an entire tier of content requires. I'm fairly confident in stating that this tier would have been much better had the first 5 bosses been released post winter vacation.

    With that in mind, even with the early release of the first half of T3, there was no real reason for the latter half to be released in the state it was in. The only people who stood to benefit from the release of any content past 5/9 are guilds that are clearing that content. Those guilds minus Coriolis were already invested in PTS testing and as such there was no reason to rush the release of content that clearly needed more polish.

    We as players do not know exactly who made the decision to release T3. However, I do know that during testing 3 days prior to the release of T3 we had discovered bugs that required attention. The next day, Coffee was asked by Anony if we minded that T3 be released a week later to allow for fixed to be pushed through and tested. We and other testing guilds assented to this proposal. Later we were informed that this request was denied and that T3 would be coming out as scheduled. Knowing that the guilds involved with testing and the lead raid dev wanted more time for testing, who would push for a premature release and why?
    Last edited by Essat; 01-04-2016 at 04:31 PM.

  14. #104
    Plane Touched Grobari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    I actually have thought the content has been just about right.. You will always have the top tier raiding guilds - which is a very small populous complain about releasing content too soon. Um.. Microsoft, hello!!!!!! lol.

    One of the things I would like to address is the customer support live chat has seemed to gone a bit to a more gathering of info and not being able to help. For example, I think it might be good to look into this group who handles the live chat and actually have them be able to remedy situations such as for example: Achievements, Loot issues, mobs being stuck or unreachable, harassment issues,etc.

    They use to do this a while back and it was actually quite comforting knowing someone was going to handle it and not just pass it on.. Right now, every single time I have contacted the live chat is has always been to forward info to some upper tier. The only time I believe they assist is with billing or a strict technical issue such as not being able to login for example.

    As for this current issue regarding Apoth, I believe from everything I have seen that even if any of the points made by the person in the video were valid, the presentation was far from proper, and egregious, and to me sounded like slander. However, it sounds like Trion does want to make a difference and improve both the game and community relations, and I really hope that lessons from both sides have been learned and people can move forward.

    All businesses in the world are there to make a profit and adding items into the store for people to purchase is completely optional.. It makes no difference at all if someone doing T3 raids has to deal with a brand new noob who just bought all of T2 gear in a bundle.. Why should that matter? It is not mandatory. It is profitable and most of you if you ran a business would look at angles to make money so you can then improve your product line.

    In all relationships, including gaming, people are going to get frustrated to the point of quitting or saying things they shouldn't. This is just another example.

    I still find the game fun. I still enjoy it. I hope it continues to get better!
    Aerosmith - Dream on,I'd suggest the Ronnie James Dio cover
    Maniaq@Greybriar

  15. #105
    Rift Disciple Nidhoggr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    139

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

    Tier 1 launched on November 6, 2014.
    Tier 2 launched on April 15, 2015, a little over 6 months later.
    Tier 3 launched on November 4, 2014, just under a year after Tier 1.
    Is it me or was T3 released before T1 by 2 days?

    Thanks for the catch, fixed it - Ocho
    Last edited by Ocho; 01-04-2016 at 05:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts