+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree452Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Whoa Apotheosis

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    No spoilers.
    Han Solo and Luke Skywalker save Finn and Rey the forces of Kylo Ren, who is really Thanos in disguise. The entire movie revolves around the Star Wars characters stopping him from getting the final gem needed for his gauntlet. The ending where they met the avengers was also pretty cool.

Also, Snoke is Darth Jar Jar and he's working with Thanos.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-02-2016 at 02:42 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    So... the best guild left, time for the second best guild to step up. If they aren't as fast as Apo was, the Devs will have more time to test their stuff
    That's an incredibly ill-informed statement. Testing wasn't shortened because Apoth was too fast. Players begged Trion to delay the MoM release.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Darth Jar Jar
    I can't take anyone who believes that theory seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

why does stuff like this get immediately answered while the real problems (usability of a variety of souls, ingame lags and framedrops) take way way way more time to solve ?
    Aloyra- -Mage- -Last Dawn- 9/9 + 2/2 HM | CoA 4/4 Hm + 2/2

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post
    Ocho can you please explain to me why you are trying to sell an inaccurate version of the story?

I mean, first you call certain people immature for "distorting the truth" and then you go left and write making posts like this.
    You are supposed to be a professional, right? How are you any different from "angry players" right now?

To say the least, some of Apotheosys players might(!) have a positive opinion about you.
    However, by spreading lies about an entire guild and why it moved to another game while it was doing so well in RIFT, it is very likely that you will only lose more players who had respect for you.

Please recall your statement.

The World First guild moved as a pack to another game because the vast majority simply didn't want to play RIFT anymore for many reasons. Disliking that this has happened is one thing and trying to spread rumors that the guild fell apart "due to internal problems" is another.

Thank you for your understanding and I hope to see you correcting your post.
    Let me reiterate, as I can see why post could be misconstrued. Guilds leaving games is always sad. The issue i referenced in my previous post is the desire to continue in RIFT.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Quote Originally Posted by SirCoqaLot View Post
    why does stuff like this get immediately answered while the real problems (usability of a variety of souls, ingame lags and framedrops) take way way way more time to solve ?
    One requires me and my time (and some CS involvement in this particular case). The other requires a team of engineers, QA testers, and designers to address, adding up to hundreds, or more usually thousands, of hours of work. Additionally we tend to avoid telling people what we're working on until we have some inkling that it will be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Additionally we tend to avoid telling people what we're working on until we have some inkling that it will be successful.
    Is it really that hard to find a sheep and put a saddle, snorkel, and little flippers on it?
    thelarry@greybriar

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by thelarry View Post
    Is it really that hard to find a sheep and put a saddle, snorkel, and little flippers on it?
    You have no idea what kind of clipping issues flippers create.

Rift Disciple

Well all that sucks but I'll tell you what sucks worse.
    I HAD brats and hamburgers on the grill and run out of gas and am out of charcoal. Have to much alcohol in me to attempt going to get some.
    That what really sucks.

Lol I just refreshed and saw the previous post was indeed deleted. Fair enough, it was irrelevant.

Anyway, I read the post on the Apo website and watched part of the video, couldn't bear sitting through the entire 13 minute rant, it was both hilarious and really sad. I gotta give props to Ocho to even see 'fair bits' in what is essentially a public smear campaign against Trion and certain devs. Criticism is one thing, this is quite another. The amount of hyperboling is stunning, not to mention that a lot of arguments don't hold up, or are so specifically about interactions between individuals that there's no value in others involving themselves with that whatsoever.

I'll happily stay out of this for the rest. I just hope that it doesn't harm communication between devs and players (I can see how it would..), that would be the worst result of this whole thing, and a real shame.

from my perspective there are 2 issues at hand.

- A raiding guild quitting rift for a bunch of reasons..... and making a big exit rant which unfortunately falls short because of the way it was delivered. no matter how broken rift is and how much trion fails at delivering a frustration free game, the analogy seemed far fetched and childish.

- A bunch of bans for people linking to said rant which created a little defiance against the moderation team. Just as the original rant was poorly delivered the wave of ban doesn't seem to be a very proportionate and reasonable response.... players using 3rd party sites to voice concerns by fear or reprisal should be a big warning signal for moderation.

Anyway, move along, move along ......

PS : Ocho as much as i think process counts, content matters more. So..... while i understand why you had to concentrate on the ApotheosisGate could we please have an answer in the other thread regarding the fae yule event end date. AKA am i going to be able to finish my ongoing sparkle quest even if it takes me 2 more weeks ? (yes i am very self centered)
    Last edited by littlepoit; 01-02-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

Wanted to give a quick update cause I know it's the pressing issue of the night.

The brats turned out not to bad considering I had to finish them in the oven.

Now back to your regular programming.

Now I'm sure the timing of the rant was picked for knowing that a skeleton crew was at Trion.
    From how some people communicating how they were banned; My assumption is the mods panicked and became heavy handed.

That I can understand as being the normal "knee-jerk" reaction; But most of these issues wouldn't be issues if the Developers/Moderators/CS team actually kept players informed.

One of the things I have complained about Rift for long time (Half-birthday cake time and earlier) is that there is no posting week prior of what the next patch will have in it. Also half the time it is hours after the servers are back up when finally patch notes are posted (or the launcher patch notes updated)
    This causes a lot of grief as we have no idea what is going to be changed and when. We cant do any planning, People miss out on things (raid before patch instead of holding off raid time), etc...

Communication isn't only lacking in the patching department. The silence of what you guys are working on is aggravating.
    I was surprised when finally after months the patch notes had the iGP spawn/hard-mode toggle has been updated so we didn't get stuck in it.

I believe the majority of your customers would rather have Trion communicating on a lot more things. Even if you don't put a set date for when to expect it, or even if that date gets changed. most of us understand complications could arise, etc. We rather be in the know then in the dark.

Promote healthy communication is also a 2-way street. It takes only a few minutes to type out decisions. I'm sure there is a note taker for Trion meetings. Posting meeting notes (maybe summarized, etc) shouldn't be too hard.

If you fail to change to what your costumers would like; then the game or company going lose a lot. +4 year old policies/etc of how to handle things need to be updated. There is always room for improvement and there are many players/customers that still would love to support Trion or even just Rift.

Some Visibility on Trion's part would go a long way.
    1) to clearly define/state what are exploits compared to features. Some thread where we can go and see it all listed in one place.
    2) Why people were banned. Doesn't have to be the finding of any investigation but the reason and username(s) of the person and the offense would go a long way. This allows the community to actually assist in not letting the behavior from that person continue.
    3) On forums - respond more. Also when closing a thread; leave a post stating why the thread is closed. Just Randomly closing a thread that seems to have no issue and should still be open is aggravating and makes us wonder why.
    4) In game have report violation and ignore be separate. Lots of people don't want to ignore others to keep on top of their bad mouthing or to report future violations. Having to manually un-ignore is a pain and ignoring should be a separate action. Hard for the community to help Trion with holding up to a better community standard when 3/4 of the game population is ignoring the bad 1/4.

People want more visibility from Politicians/government. We also want more visibility from things we love like a company of our favourite game. Please take the time from this "issue" to learn from it and enact change.
    Last edited by Ookamikawaii; 01-02-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ookamikawaii View Post
    I believe the majority of your customers would rather have Trion communicating on a lot more things.
    Bit too much to quote but that's pretty much the essence of your post :P Anyway, totally agree, there's a lot to be said for better (and just simply more) communication. Things like this stunt are obviously not helping in that regard though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast