+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree452Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Whoa Apotheosis

Theses kind of things happends...
    Last edited by Aeryle; 01-09-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    This really work ?
    Depends on the game, your windows, and connection.

Did not do jack **** for me when I had it. But some people get 50+ms better with it. Which is a big deal when it in the threshold of 80-150 where a lot of people can feel the difference.
    Last edited by Repster; 01-09-2016 at 10:01 AM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Rift Disciple

Thats what happens when boxes are blatant cash grabs and contain no guaranteed items.

#Oriadidnothingwrong

This really work ?
    I tried it a few years ago but didn't do anything. I've been playing on NA servers from EU pretty much since headstart with a latency between 180 and 220ms and learned to live with it and didn't think it was that bad playing chloromancer exclusively for years and being a none raiding pvp player doing occasionally some experts and weekly stuff. For my instant heals I must guess and hope for the best when I try to safe people from dying since I stopped trusting my raid frames in groups with 5+ people. Other than that it never bothered me.

Once I finally made a few alts it did get annoying for melee and looked into improving my latency again after reading about Battleping, which promises latency heaven no matter where you are with a monthly fee. Tried it for a month but decided an improvement of 20ms is not worth the investment.

Few weeks ago I read about WTFast. I think it works kinda like Battleping, also monthly fee but had free user option too which means limited functionality and extremely annoying video ads before it logs you in their server. To my surprise this actually did work and my latency went down by an average of 50ms. However, other than less lag in cities and no loading screens in margle palace I didn't feel much difference in actual gameplay so stayed with free user account and cursing at my monitor during the video ads when 1 minute seems 1 hour.
    I also read some accusations about fake reviews and paying for giving good reviews here and there so I didn't trust it 100%.

Anyway, few days before Christmas these WTFast guys gave me 10 days premium access for participating in the beta version. Which was nice, since I didn't realise that I had the beta version. Premium gets rid of the stupid ads but also does multiple connections to get the best hoops to the gameserver of whatever game is supported and this makes a big difference. I was sitting at an average of 100-120ms at all times and raidframes were pretty useful now and less button mashing to get an instant heal off.
    After being home again after 2 weeks holiday I logged in RIFT, did a warfront, logged out and bought 3 month premium access. Socks that I know must pay to experience better gameplay but it's worth it. Daily coin locks are a bit annoying but I guess that's a good thing.

P.S seems I'm a bit uhm, "overstimulated" let's say . Just wanted to say I discovered this little gem of software and that it's worth a try instead of sounding like a stockholder for their company lol. I would also like to get all time back that I wasted by typing all this on my cellphone with a dictator dictionary and ditto auto correct. Thanks. Bye

tl;dr: If you look to improve your latency WTFast is worth a try imo. Google some info and decide for yourself.

Leatrix did nothing for me, though I'm at ~78ms so if you're much higher, you may see an effect. Same goes for WTFast. I would probably pay for something if it was a big increase, but 78ms is definitely playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Leatrix did wonders on my old WinXP machine when I was playing WoW.
    Also helped me on win7.

If you are playing from EU to NA, Leatrix won't help you that much, it's still at least 100ms due to distance & network. If you are playing in EU realms, Leatrix might help you out in some games (it did on WoW for me, rest were fine).

It's about the ISP too and hardware. For example I have the best fiber internet from RDS&RCS with direct link to Frankfurt network and I have real download speeds (steam, glyph, battlenet) that reach 50MB/s when getting games on my SSD (altho when I go over 25 MB/s the whole operating system starts to become unresponsive-ish due to processing that info, but the speed remains beast mode). Also my latency is never over 50 ms unless there's something wrong with servers or intermediary netword (ddos on archeage, wow private servers and other niche mmos were the real Microsoft Powerpoint simulator).
    Warlord Lonwolf, Lord of War - Rogue 65 @ Zaviel
    My Youtube RIFT Recorded Rare mobs collection - Rank1 EU Rare kills Leaderboards - Aug 2013

Ascendant

The thing about RIFT, thinking about it more, is I think it has some tunneling function built in, which makes leatrix not really do much.

Unlike WoW, etc, which just go with what you got .
    Last edited by Repster; 01-11-2016 at 09:18 AM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    yeah, i call BS on all this UNLESS the one thing i got out of all this is: 3 months and still no warmonger weapons.
    Ill screen shot my gear with lvl 65 chev. Ill take any and all bets, i didnt exaggerate at all !!!!! Put your plat where your mouths are.
    And no i dont have the weapons, still waiting on eye for my t2 staff
    Last edited by kenx2020; 01-11-2016 at 11:52 AM.

It is so easy to gear up in this game its a joke. You can cap t1 and almost 2t just by doing weeklys and 7/7charges wf /nte's. Raid gear is what 99% of all people that pvp use. They more you argue the more you prove my point.
    it's not easy, all weeklys and charges takes a long time on one char. I play average maybe 10 hrs a week, I mainly pvp so i always get my guns/wf kills weekly done. If I'm lucky ill also get a few NTEs done, IA weekly and zone event weekly after that I'm usually out of time. With this play time I'm not even close to filling out my gear with the highest mark gear/pvp gear before the next tier is released.

Now compare that to before, where i ONLY pvp'd for avg 10 hours a week and had full set of pvp gear on main AND alt, and still had time to level a 3rd alt when my pvp weeklies were done all before the next tier of gear was released.

It's not even comparable.

TLDR
    Now: can't keep up with new tiers by focusing only on weeklies/charges for 10 hrs a week
    Then: had 2 chars in current tier plus time to level 3rd alt before new tier was release, playing 10 hrs a week pvp only
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 01-11-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Ill screen shot my gear with lvl 65 chev. Ill take any and all bets, i didnt exaggerate at all !!!!! Put your plat where your mouths are.
    And no i dont have the weapons, still waiting on eye for my t2 staff
    all u did was prove my point - 3 months and still no warmongers.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    all u did was prove my point - 3 months and still no warmongers.
    How so? Warmongers is t1 relic weapons with slightly better stats. You clowns act like your gimped without them or that their a must.. i realize if you can straight face roll people pvp isn't fun. You more than hold your own with full t1. My point between pvp and pve you gear up so fast in this game
    Last edited by kenx2020; 01-11-2016 at 02:39 PM.

How so? Warmongers is t1 relic weapons with slightly better stats. You clowns act like your gimped without them or that their a must.. i realize if you can straight face roll people pvp isn't fun. You more than hold your own with full t1. My point between pvp and pve you gear up so fast in this game
    ... Warmongers is t2.
    Serale@Faeblight

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    I think the most telling thing about this whole thing is the video in question already has nearly 7k views and the Reddit discussion on the subject has going on 300 replies both in under 24 hours and yet there are less than a dozen posts on the matter in the official Rift forums.
    The fact so many people are choosing to voice their opinion on the matter on a 3rd party sites over the official Rift forums goes to show how many people fear reprisal from Trion for their opinions.
    Posts are being deleted to avoid confrontation and "stirring the pot" some more. This is a huge loss cause I've enjoyed his video guides. Very thorough and helpful.

However, I have watched the video and he has made some valid points that I personally have had issues with. I have some different reasons of leaving Rift, and he has touched a lot of reasons why I am leaving. I really, really liked this game.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    it's not easy, all weeklys and charges takes a long time on one char. I play average maybe 10 hrs a week, I mainly pvp so i always get my guns/wf kills weekly done. If I'm lucky ill also get a few NTEs done, IA weekly and zone event weekly after that I'm usually out of time. With this play time I'm not even close to filling out my gear with the highest mark gear/pvp gear before the next tier is released.

Now compare that to before, where i ONLY pvp'd for avg 10 hours a week and had full set of pvp gear on main AND alt, and still had time to level a 3rd alt when my pvp weeklies were done all before the next tier of gear was released.

It's not even comparable.

TLDR
    Now: can't keep up with new tiers by focusing only on weeklies/charges for 10 hrs a week
    Then: had 2 chars in current tier plus time to level 3rd alt before new tier was release, playing 10 hrs a week pvp only
    Do the 4 PTW weeklies, they give alot of marks for minimal time spent.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast