+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By saviktkr
  • 1 Post By Snedhepl

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't even get on my toon on Laethys.

Shadowlander

Default Can't even get on my toon on Laethys.

Anyone else having this issue? Start game as Admin, go to Laethys, click on your toon to enter game, get to 79% loading, game crashes, send report and restart game, 79%, game crashes again. So much for all the shards being "Stable". Just glad it's not one of my favorite characters stuck there.

Just checked - Laethys as well, logged in perfectly.
    Try disabling the addons before pressing play and see how it goes.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

If you are having a client crash, you may be experiencing the same problem one of our guildies is having. His solution was to play the game in low quality renderer. I know that is not an ideal solution, but it may serve as a temporary fix.
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

I posted this to the other thread where people were experiencing crashes:

"Hey folks, we're still looking into the problem but we found a possible way to help with the crashes:

If you're experiencing this crash on a particular character, switch to a different character and switch your Enable Detailed Objects to enabled (or disabled if it was enabled). Then attempt to log back in on the crashing character.

Whether this works or not for you please post if you tried it, whether you switched it from off to on or from on to off and if it worked, as knowing that may help in tracking down the solution to the underlying problem.

Thanks! "

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    Anyone else having this issue? Start game as Admin, go to Laethys, click on your toon to enter game, get to 79% loading, game crashes, send report and restart game, 79%, game crashes again. So much for all the shards being "Stable". Just glad it's not one of my favorite characters stuck there.

like laeti said tho, disable your add ons. I had the same issue on my main character i couldnt sign on but when i disabled the addons i was able to log back in. then you can re-enable them one at a time until you find the one causing errors.

Shadowlander

What seemed to work was getting on one of my characters on a different shard, stay on them for a minute, then switching over to the character on Laethys.

I am on the lowest settings possible, graphic wise.

The addons I do have on, I've had forever, keep them updated and never had issues with them before.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    What seemed to work was getting on one of my characters on a different shard, stay on them for a minute, then switching over to the character on Laethys.

I am on the lowest settings possible, graphic wise.

The addons I do have on, I've had forever, keep them updated and never had issues with them before.

Thanks for the help!
    The addons might be up to date and stable and still cause a sudden issue with the game client;) It's not that the addons are bad or the servers are unstable (I had no problems logging to Laethys while others couldn't even launch the game). It's that sometimes they don't like each other. It happens;)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread