+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Servers seem to be getting increasingly unstable... or is it just me?

Default Servers seem to be getting increasingly unstable... or is it just me?

I'm not sure if it's a shard/server issue, or an instance thing - but raids have certainly become more and more buggy over the last few weeks.
    The hour and a half that I spent in the Mind of Madness today - particularly on Pillars - was plagued with mechanics not working properly, the jump reactive putting players in the wrong place, or locking them out entirely... and that seems to have been a common theme with that fight over a period of time now.
    In a different raid, Lord Arak tonight was downright ridiculous. The only bug that we didn't see were the wall bubbles traveling diagonally instead of in a straight line, we copped everything else on top of having some crazy ability lag but had no latency issues.

Some things you just have to write off as part and parcel, but lately it has been getting worse When a raid is wiping over and over again, to issues that aren't the result of someone simply derping, it's disheartening.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

yeah, Arak tonight was absolutely pathetic.

The server lag fits when you think about it... Constant glyph issues, constant game crashes, its no surprise the servers are lagging aswell...
    Its stuff like this that turns people away, even from a game they actually like.

Shadowlander

Default Not just raids, dungeons as well

In Nightmare Coast dungeon, in the last fight, I go from 17 fps down to 3 fps when the ads spawn and back up to 14 fps when the ad is dead. I can't even see where the edge of the storm is when I'm tanking and running with the ad. It wasn't like that for me till the patch on Wednesday. So whatever they did to "fix the crashes" doesn't seem to have helped, just made matters worse.

I normally get 50-60 fps on average no matter where I am because of my graphics settings. I have everything turned off, and set all the way to minimum apart from the draw distance (max), object distance (max), and pixel granularity (max). There's been a few times this week where my fps drops to 4-8 fps. I've only noticed this in dungeons, and sometimes it's lasted 30 seconds, others only 10 seconds.

In another instance (dungeon), the game hanged for a good 5 seconds, and this one time at band camp I got disconnected completely from Nightmare Coast after the tank pulled the final mobs before the last encounter.

I'm on Deepwood.

something happened when 3.5 was released, or a bit earlier than that. since then performance has gotten worse, memory leaks have gotten worse, fps will dip by a factor of three and stay that way until relogging (80 to 20fps for example, for no reason), and raid bosses aren't actually doing what they're supposed to do.

there was a pretty drastic change to the way the game looks with 3.5 with the removal of a lot of the bloom features that the fullscreen fx option adds, but i've seen no dev response about this and only a few other people on the forums have even commented on it. maybe this has something to do with the constant performance drops/memory leaks requiring a client restart, maybe it doesn't, but whatever it is that you guys did with 3.5 to "fix" graphical issues like green lips/discolored faces, change it back. you didn't fix the bug and all you did was make things worse.

restarting my client 2-3 times per hour is getting tiresome and performance issues are one of the biggest problems i have with rift right now. i bought a 6700k and overclocked it to 4.7ghz to basically brute force through how terrible the client runs, but it still runs bad because i go from 90fps to 25fps in tb for no apparent reason and the only thing that will fix it is restarting my client, again, for the 20th time that day.

please revert whatever changes you made with 3.5 because they've done a lot more harm than good.

edit: here's an example. after 15 minutes in the crafting area in tempest bay, my fps is at 61-65. if i relog, i'm at 96-100. it takes 15 minutes for my framerate to drop by 35% just because i ran through tb, and it stays that way. seriously, what the hell is going on?
    Last edited by ecru; 12-20-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Telaran

It has ran so poorly on my desktop I had to swap to a MacBook Pro with boot camp. The game is unplayable on my desktop, which will play any game I run on ultra with 70+ fps.

2-3 fps low quality render in raids on a desktop that is well above provided specs is absolutely ridiculous, and it's getting worse. At Least the MacBook stays above 15 fps, so I can atleast play.

What's going on =[

There is also a severe bug going on where your client wont load parts of the floor and you can not walk over those parts or you fall through the world. This is happening a lot in raids which is a nice surprise when people will randomly fall through the floor and cause wipes. Or when you log in to go do crafting annnnnnnd you fall through the floor as you walk into the crafting area.

The other day the floor underneath the spawn point was gone for me so i was stuck in a loop of falling over and over.

As a side note to this - has anyone else noticed the "Cross-Shard Mounting graphics" with 3.5?

If you're sat in Tempest Bay/Margle, you can see people Mounting up on other shards

Default HK Bugs - IA & Raid

Quote Originally Posted by InflatablePanda View Post
    There is also a severe bug going on where your client wont load parts of the floor and you can not walk over those parts or you fall through the world. This is happening a lot in raids which is a nice surprise when people will randomly fall through the floor and cause wipes. Or when you log in to go do crafting annnnnnnd you fall through the floor as you walk into the crafting area.

The other day the floor underneath the spawn point was gone for me so i was stuck in a loop of falling over and over.
    ---
    Something about the floors.....
    This past week:

1) In the HK IA re: Aky -
    Respawned > ran back to Aky > knees down portion of toon below the rocks but still moving towards Aky > fell through rocks when reacked Aky

2) in the HK Raid:
    Estrode to Sicaron > a few of us fell through the floor .. it was greenish like the bottom of a fish bowl.

3) Camera Angles - sometimes moving the camera caused the floor and all graphics above to disappear.

4) I use Starplatinums method of reclogging as often as possible.. sometimes it helps the graphics "reset" sometimes not.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 12-22-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Additionally to the poor Server / Engine Performance, has anyone else noticed an increase of Ping lately ? I think it started with the Sparkle quest or last Patch, but i (and some others from our guild (not regional connected) went up from 30ms to 100-120ms Ping at primetime on EU Servers. Tracert shows that this massive increase of the ping happens at the first trion hop
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

Rift Disciple

Random freeze/nothing happens for 1 sec, disappearing floors. Server lag probably due to the sparkle quest and so many zone events/people.
    Androgena <GraySkull@Wolfsbane> R.I.P <Crayons>

Phs

and people say Rift isn't dying. It literally is.

Rift it's not only game seem like having server problems maybe is something to due what OS there running on them server thats not being so stable.

game has become quite expensive and in return we get @@
    Maniaq@Greybriar

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

One of the issues with these types of threads is that lots of different types of things get conflated. For example, framerate and draw issues aren't related to servers at all.

For issues with servers and performance, I'm definitely working with the team on the back end to update our escalation procedures so that we can better communicate with you all when an issue occurs.

To help explain, here's a completely hypothetical example: let's say there is a problem with our ISP that causes players connecting from a region to RIFT to experience greater latency (a higher ping). This is something we should probably communicate to you all, so that you can understand what is happening and why. Otherwise it is "Trion plz, why are the servers dieing?".

Similarly, client issues can be from a number of causes, either a change we made or something external to us. For example if a popular manufacturer puts out a driver that causes performance issue in RIFT, if we don't catch it and communicate about it then "the last patch caused big issues with client performance" becomes to topic of the day.

There are real bugs, we found one internally today that should remove an edge case graphical performance issue once we get it fixed, but the big general "there are all sorts of unrelated issues" type communications actually make it harder to find stuff because we're digging for related issues and unrelated bugs in the same make it harder to isolate and fix the bugs that you want fixed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast