+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Sparkle Quest inteded for "hardcore" players?

Quite surprised there wasn't more support for the OP, I expected this thread to be a list of ideas about how to increase Sparkles. Applying Patron buffs was a great idea (8 instead of 6 for a WF/Expert, 2 instead of 1 for an event) e.t.c.

I'm away for 2 weeks during this event so there is no way I can complete it without putting in circa 20 hours a week and tagging a LOT of events!

I also renewed Patron for the affinity points and currency gains, but I'm already wondering why I bothered. Apart from the weekly gift (which is usually rubbish) I don't see a lot of benefit.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    is there a time limit to complete the quest ?
    Whenever Fae Yule is over, in about 2 and a half weeks if I remember. If there was no time limit, then it would be no big deal, most folks would end up finishing it eventually through normal gameplay. This is quite a bit more grindy.

Rift Disciple

Does the sparkle quest refresh weekly? Or can we only get one for this event?

Quote Originally Posted by Observers View Post
    Does the sparkle quest refresh weekly? Or can we only get one for this event?
    I hear the patch notes for Rift 3.5 Winter's Wrath contain useful information in this regard...
    * Choose wisely, this quest is only available once this Fae Yule!

Champion

I wonder why the Worldbosses dont drop Sparkles

<Transcendent>

somebody who is so incredibly casual doesnt need a tier 3 piece do they?

if they do want it- ok but they should have to grind for it just like the rest of us. artewig gave them their options.
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 12-18-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    I hear the patch notes for Rift 3.5 Winter's Wrath contain useful information in this regard...
    * Choose wisely, this quest is only available once this Fae Yule!
    500 sparkles a week, like yesteryears', now that was hardcore. Once per Fae Yule event? It's a walk in the park.

if they made it too easy the raiders would complain that it cheapened their raids.

personally, I'd like to see less sparkles awarded for warfronts.
    sparkle farmers in pvp are about as menacing as sparkly tween twilight vampires, but still manage to drain the fun out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

If you are already performing comfortably in the content that you do, it's kind of pointless killing yourself for a small increase in stats.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 12-18-2015 at 10:20 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Man, I remember last year's sparkle quest grind.

2.5k in 5 weeks was ~fun~.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if they made it too easy the raiders would complain that it cheapened their raids.

personally, I'd like to see less sparkles awarded for warfronts.
    sparkle farmers in pvp are about as menacing as sparkly tween twilight vampires, but still manage to drain the fun out of it.
    *fewer (sorry, big pet peeve)

But yeah I agree. I pvp more than anything now and the quality just plummeted (moreso than before) when sparkles came out. Drop it to 3 with charges and 1 or 0 sparkles without and you'll see far fewer queuing for warfronts. It's actually the fastest way to get sparkles right now if you aren't very geared and don't have a group to speed through warfronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    *fewer (sorry, big pet peeve)

But yeah I agree. I pvp more than anything now and the quality just plummeted (moreso than before) when sparkles came out. Drop it to 3 with charges and 1 or 0 sparkles without and you'll see far fewer queuing for warfronts. It's actually the fastest way to get sparkles right now if you aren't very geared and don't have a group to speed through warfronts.
    Or give them twice as many sparkle marks through warfronts, so that they are done faster and leave PvP to those who enjoy it and put some thought into their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    Or give them twice as many sparkle marks through warfronts, so that they are done faster and leave PvP to those who enjoy it and put some thought into their performance.
    Your solution to there being lots of baddies in warfronts because of sparkle rewards is to put more sparkle rewards into warfronts? If you want to keep them out of warfronts make the zone events give four sparkles each again, so it's preferable for PvE'ers to tag those than sit AFK in warfronts hoping to leech a win.

wont work, firstly because they have lose their way to a free win, polluting the queue until they do, and secondly because there is a never ending supply of them. as one sparkly tween twilight vampire finishes his charge, three more will be starting work on theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

That would only make people grind the quest on their alts, and if with mains you can at least hope they would be somewhat useful (when not afk), that won't really work with alts they never even play (or play once a month when too tired of mains).
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast