+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ocho

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sparkle T3 piece- duplicate?

Plane Walker

Default Sparkle T3 piece- duplicate?

This is my first sparkle events so I'm not familiar with how these went in the past. If we already have 1 or 2 t3 pieces, are there any mechanisms in place to prevent us from getting a duplicate piece off the Sparkle quest? Or are u just screwed if you get duplicates?

Last year people were getting duplicates. So, I'm guessing the same is in effect.
    -[ TD 4/4 ]-
    Tilar@Greybriar | Talir@Greybriar | Tilaria@Greybriar | Tilarn@Greybriar | Khensu@Greybriar
    <Trinity> | R.I.P. <Critical Hit>

Last year I believe it was hit or miss. You could ticket the duplicate and for a while the service team would randomize another piece of loot for you. After awhile the policy changed or something because a lot of people were complaining trion would no longer provide this service. I know I had a friend who got an earring from the sparkle quest, then did it again on the same toon and got the same earring. Needless to say, after all the grinding he was little miffed. You could probably send Ocho a PM and see if he can answer that question officially.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

If you have drops from T3, then there is a chance of duplication. If you have store items, then then you might get the same slot, but not a dup.

As the sparkle quest is once only this year, that ends any chance of the same drop twice from boxes.
    Nyathera, Kithra, Hekili, Nyalist @ Typhiria

Shield of Telara

You can still get screwed if you already have a T3 piece. That's why I'm holding off on buying mine until I see what this years sparkle-gate brings me.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Akamhara View Post
    If you have drops from T3, then there is a chance of duplication. If you have store items, then then you might get the same slot, but not a dup.

As the sparkle quest is once only this year, that ends any chance of the same drop twice from boxes.
    I see. So that means the t3 armor gear that drops from Sparkles is identical to the MoM drops, so phys crit items? I would prefer CP or AP gear for all that grind...

Now when it says a piece of gear, that means it can be any armor pieces, earrings, rings, trinkets, weapons, basically anything that drops from MoM?

SPARKLE QUESTS
    * The Sparkle Quest has made a joyous comeback for level 65 players! Seek out Stuttik Fyrirthig in Draumheim and grab the quest Faelight Sparkle Returns to start your adventure.
    * The Sparkle Quest can earn a piece of the most powerful gear in Telara (from the brand new Mind of Madness Raid) by collecting enough Faelight Sparkles.
    * You can earn them completing Expert Dungeons, winning Random Warfronts, looting the chest in Conquest, participating in experience giving Zone Events, or an assortment of daily and weekly quests.
    * Once you earn enough currency from these activities, you’ll be able to purchase either a Sparkling Shard of Wonder (a random piece of gear for Healers or DPS) or Reinforced Sparkling Shard of Wonder (a random piece of gear for Tanks).
    * A note to hoarders: last year’s Faelight Sparkles will dissolve and all NEW ones will be earned for this year’s quest.
    * Choose wisely, this quest is only available once this Fae Yule!

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    I see. So that means the t3 armor gear that drops from Sparkles is identical to the MoM drops, so phys crit items? I would prefer CP or AP gear for all that grind...

Now when it says a piece of gear, that means it can be any armor pieces, earrings, rings, trinkets, weapons, basically anything that drops from MoM?

SPARKLE QUESTS
    * The Sparkle Quest has made a joyous comeback for level 65 players! Seek out Stuttik Fyrirthig in Draumheim and grab the quest Faelight Sparkle Returns to start your adventure.
    * The Sparkle Quest can earn a piece of the most powerful gear in Telara (from the brand new Mind of Madness Raid) by collecting enough Faelight Sparkles.
    * You can earn them completing Expert Dungeons, winning Random Warfronts, looting the chest in Conquest, participating in experience giving Zone Events, or an assortment of daily and weekly quests.
    * Once you earn enough currency from these activities, you’ll be able to purchase either a Sparkling Shard of Wonder (a random piece of gear for Healers or DPS) or Reinforced Sparkling Shard of Wonder (a random piece of gear for Tanks).
    * A note to hoarders: last year’s Faelight Sparkles will dissolve and all NEW ones will be earned for this year’s quest.
    * Choose wisely, this quest is only available once this Fae Yule!
    Weapons cannot drop from Sparkle Quest, not sure about jewelry/trinkets. Items can be duplicates of ones you already have, so if you have lots of t3 gear (wow, you're lucky!) you can pick the opposite spec to start building out a set of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Weapons cannot drop from Sparkle Quest, not sure about jewelry/trinkets. Items can be duplicates of ones you already have, so if you have lots of t3 gear (wow, you're lucky!) you can pick the opposite spec to start building out a set of that.
    plz for the love of "beep" can you make sparkles earrning is like last year becuse i just want to get this over with

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wakthor View Post
    plz for the love of "beep" can you make sparkles earrning is like last year becuse i just want to get this over with
    IIRC last year ZEs started out giving 4 for all of them before eventually getting nerfed to 1 per for any NON Nightmare tide events. The gain is perfectly fine as is. It's only slightly reduced from last year and you had people perfectly capable of doing them once a week back then, now you've got multiple weeks to do it once.

Plane Touched

Uhhhh....Nightmare Tide events from 4 to 1 is a huge nerf since I'm guessing that is where the vast majority of sparkles came from (at least it did for me, as someone while did the quest 6 times between toons).

If you're a dps and you get a duplicate piece, you can just sidegrade it to tank. Not optimal, but certainly better than last year. Sparkles last year is why I started tanking. 4/6 were tank for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lappdancer View Post
    Uhhhh....Nightmare Tide events from 4 to 1 is a huge nerf since I'm guessing that is where the vast majority of sparkles came from (at least it did for me, as someone while did the quest 6 times between toons).
    As someone who did it 10 times(5 on main 5 on alts collectively) last year the vast majority of mine actually came from unstable events. Also yes I did play too much during this stretch

Anyway as pointed out by other people in other threads because the event will run a month and you only have to do it once it's actually pretty easy to complete over the course of the event.
    If you are patron you have 4(weeks)x20 NTE/WF charges x6 per=480. So right there if you're patron that's practically all the sparkles you need. throw in other sources like weeklies, zone events and such and you'll be done without much hassle.
    For non patrons WF/NTE charges will get you 336. that leaves 164 over 4 weeks to be obtained from other sources. It's really not that bad. Sorry you feel welfare T3 gear isn't welfare enough.

xib

So you could legs or chest from this? And I get the hands I already have... FML x 5000000

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xib View Post
    So you could legs or chest from this? And I get the hands I already have... FML x 5000000
    Yea RNG is a *****.

+ Reply to Thread