+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Selling not possible

Soulwalker

Default Selling not possible

After the patch i have noticed that selling non-gray items is no longer possible. What are you going to do with those planar goods and stuff you don't use but are green?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by vesa01 View Post
    After the patch i have noticed that selling non-gray items is no longer possible. What are you going to do with those planar goods and stuff you don't use but are green?
    Selling where? What are you trying to sell?

Yeah, be more specific. E.g. you've never been able to sell Empyrean Puresources.
    As for what I do with things I can't sell, I break them or discard them.

I am also unable to sell several items to a vendor. For example I wanted to sell some fish I no longer need. The fish has a value so should be sellable. I tried several vendors like a general goods vendor, the survavilist vendor, the fishing vendor etc. and no one wants my fish ;)

Had this with several items today which I used to be able to sell to vendors beforehand. All of those items where of white quality.

Edit: I just restarted my client and that seems to have fixed the problem momentarily which is a bit odd since I already did that earlier on and it did not help then. Something is a bit odd...
    Last edited by Sajeera; 12-11-2015 at 04:46 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sajeera View Post
    I am also unable to sell several items to a vendor. For example I wanted to sell some fish I no longer need. The fish has a value so should be sellable. I tried several vendors like a general goods vendor, the survavilist vendor, the fishing vendor etc. and no one wants my fish ;)

Had this with several items today which I used to be able to sell to vendors beforehand. All of those items where of white quality.

Edit: I just restarted my client and that seems to have fixed the problem momentarily which is a bit odd since I already did that earlier on and it did not help then. Something is a bit odd...
    I am noticing the same thing happening.

Shadowlander

Default One Possible Source

So I've been having the same problem and noticed where I was getting it from. I don't know if this is true for you all but I found that using the "+" in crafting windows (to be insta-moved to the item in the shop) causes items to become unsellable to vendors. This seems to happen whenever I use that button, and it persists until I relog.

I believe that grey items can be sold, but only with the "sell junk" button found in any shop window. Every other item is unable to be sold, and right clicking will equip/use the item instead.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Thanks for the info. It'll get looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Systems View Post
    So I've been having the same problem and noticed where I was getting it from. I don't know if this is true for you all but I found that using the "+" in crafting windows (to be insta-moved to the item in the shop) causes items to become unsellable to vendors. This seems to happen whenever I use that button, and it persists until I relog.

I believe that grey items can be sold, but only with the "sell junk" button found in any shop window. Every other item is unable to be sold, and right clicking will equip/use the item instead.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Thanks for the input everyone. We found a bug where selling was being disabled after using the find item functionality (using the + on the crafting window, or when inspecting a player's equipment that opens the store). Should be able to get a fix in for this for the next patch. Until then, you might be able to work around the issue by, opening and closing the store, or by clicking through other categories on the left of the store before trying to sell. A relog or client restart could also solve the problem.
    RIFT - User Interface Software Engineer

+ Reply to Thread