+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
Like Tree39Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion: How can team won CQ in 1 minute??? Trion i hate your pvp random system

  1. #31
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasso View Post
    The same thing happened today 10 minutes ago



    i will let you see a new more screenshots from today's CQ














    I think I see your problem: you made absolutely zero effort to even try to stop them.
    maybe if you went out there and pvped you might see a different result.

    well, ok, maybe not. but at least you will have pvped in CQ, which is a rare thing these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  2. #32
    Rift Disciple Yasso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I think I see your problem: you made absolutely zero effort to even try to stop them.
    maybe if you went out there and pvped you might see a different result.

    well, ok, maybe not. but at least you will have pvped in CQ, which is a rare thing these days.
    Show me Pro how can a pro like you stop them ??
    I like this game

  3. #33
    Prophet of Telara Zaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I think I see your problem: you made absolutely zero effort to even try to stop them.
    maybe if you went out there and pvped you might see a different result.

    well, ok, maybe not. but at least you will have pvped in CQ, which is a rare thing these days.
    The effort can be true if other team have few people the time needed take out a extractor is close the same, if the other team is bigger then his team the time needed showed in the picture will never have a chance to take out the extractor needed befor other team hits the timer. I seen this happen many times befor I stop playing CQ as the PM side end up doing this alot with full 20 man raid befor we even got 5 in are team.
    Last edited by Zaber; 12-08-2015 at 05:10 AM.

  4. #34
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasso View Post
    Show me Pro how can a pro like you stop them ??
    There is a simple solution to stop fast cap wins. You simply need to form a second CQPM to fight the first one. It happens quite a bit and makes CQs a lot more fun... at least until people quit because there is fighting in CQ...

  5. #35
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Ill take that 1 to 15 min game any day over the close 3 hour game i had yesterday, and lost....i dont really bother with conquest anymore. Not worth my time.

  6. #36
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    I'd say remove the PVE objectives and make CQ a kill fest only. :V
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  7. #37
    Champion LSUdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    518

    Default

    kronos, it's just like wfs huh? some of the fools cry about how bad the team is or aren't doing the objectives, and yet they're just sitting on the ledge out of harm's way.

    i said this years ago: cq isn't pvp; get rid of it. the only reason people do it now is for the free marks from the weekly. either that, or like previous suggestions: make the rewards pvp worthwhile. it shouldn't be marks that pvpers don't even use like the heart. make it warmongers, gear, or acm's to actually upgrade the gear we have actual access to.

    or here's a 3rd idea: remove it from pvp completely. no battles. first 1k turret kills wins. make the rewards pve based.

    it's obvious how much of a separation there is between pve and pvp; this seems to be the last piece to make it complete. i know you can do it. i have faith as well...
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

  8. #38
    Champion LSUdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    I'd say remove the PVE objectives and make CQ a kill fest only. :V
    i've suggested this as well. one big battle royale. now that's pvp!
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

  9. #39
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasso View Post
    Show me Pro how can a pro like you stop them ??
    try killing them. they are spread out. they are not in one big group. find one, kill him. move to the next one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    The effort can be true if other team have few people the time needed take out a extractor is close the same, if the other team is bigger then his team the time needed showed in the picture will never have a chance to take out the extractor needed befor other team hits the timer. I seen this happen many times befor I stop playing CQ as the PM side end up doing this alot with full 20 man raid befor we even got 5 in are team.
    now I know how Ellen Ripley felt when she got back to earth and was de-briefed by the corporate bigwigs after her alien encounter.

    I said PvP.
    I said nothing about PvEing extractors.

    go to a neutral extractor that the premade team is attacking. mousing over the extractor will tell you how many are hitting it (in this case, usually just one, rarely more than two).
    kill the enemy player.
    move to the next flashing extractor.
    kill the next enemy player.

    you don't need to beat down extractors if you kill the enemy before they take it.

    but you cant do that sitting in the spawn and crying about how unfair the world is to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  10. #40
    Prophet of Telara Zaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    try killing them. they are spread out. they are not in one big group. find one, kill him. move to the next one.



    now I know how Ellen Ripley felt when she got back to earth and was de-briefed by the corporate bigwigs after her alien encounter.

    I said PvP.
    I said nothing about PvEing extractors.

    go to a neutral extractor that the premade team is attacking. mousing over the extractor will tell you how many are hitting it (in this case, usually just one, rarely more than two).
    kill the enemy player.
    move to the next flashing extractor.
    kill the next enemy player.

    you don't need to beat down extractors if you kill the enemy before they take it.

    but you cant do that sitting in the spawn and crying about how unfair the world is to you.
    RIft is not balance so for 1 vs 1 unless your one the op class it's not going be easy to take out 1 or 2 at a extractor as the picture didn't show if that team that was winning had 5 people or 20 so far what I seen. But the time needed to take that many extractor was short and fast is more then 10 peope on one side, if he was by him self not much he can do.

    Then the World it's not fair for sure but cq is more then unfair it's broken in all places. If was working as should been working then we should have premade each side all the time and thats not happen been getting worst and EU worst off then NA. Only thing does happen make people afk at start or not do cq at all that does not help at all or pvp in general.

    As there are people saying to other people join a premade that like easy win people like premade just for the easy win not for having a good fight.

    But people will do whats best them and I have to give it to people that don't join premade then sticking it out like that, it's pretty much more skilled then people who zerging in a group to join one side to out number both faction in cq for a easy win.
    Last edited by Zaber; 12-08-2015 at 02:43 PM.

  11. #41
    Plane Touched Qillyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    My opinions:

    No pre-mades > 5
    Remove turrets from kills for weekly, reduce kills needed to something like 600
    Reduce the kill trigger to start timer to something like 750
    After an hour, if no team has reached the kill trigger or 66%, timer starts
    No one can join after timer starts
    Expand the loot table for the chest - including items like the current lootbox and Greater Essences
    Get rid of the bind-on-pick-up for Heart of the Frozen
    Add a quest to benefit the people that stay behind to boost turrets, thus missing on kills
    Add the new PvP currency to the various awards

  12. #42
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    RIft is not balance so for 1 vs 1 unless your one the op class it's not going be easy to take out 1 or 2 at a extractor as the picture didn't show if that team that was winning had 5 people or 20 so far what I seen. But the time needed to take that many extractor was short and fast is more then 10 peope on one side, if he was by him self not much he can do.
    the good news is that the enemies on the extractors will be in glass cannon specs, not 1v1 specs.
    so while your comment about rift not being balanced for 1v1 is true, it is also not relevant. every class has a soul/spec that could do the job.

    you also don't need to "take that many extractor".
    you only need to kill a few enemy players.

    admittedly, you cant stop them forever. they will eventually group up against you. but you can make it a little more difficult, and as has been pointed out, the players joining these premades are not there for the pvp. they are there for the fast cap. show them you have some backbone and they give up and leave.

    you insist on finding problems and blaming others (the premades) but refuse to take any actions yourself to make a solution happen.

    P.S. I have done what I have been talking about, killing the fast cappers and delaying their fast cap. I'm not a pvp god.

    P.P.S. this doesn't mean I don't agree CQ has issues. it does. but I find it difficult to have any sympathy for players who queue into CQ with the sole intention of farming turrets, which is what you see most of the time, and what I'm pretty sure the OP had planned for his time in CQ. CQ is on the pvp tab for a reason. get out of the spawn. get out of your comfort zone, and go kill someone.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 12-08-2015 at 04:01 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  13. #43
    Prophet of Telara Zaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the good news is that the enemies on the extractors will be in glass cannon specs, not 1v1 specs.
    so while your comment about rift not being balanced for 1v1 is true, it is also not relevant. every class has a soul/spec that could do the job.

    you also don't need to "take that many extractor".
    you only need to kill a few enemy players.

    admittedly, you cant stop them forever. they will eventually group up against you. but you can make it a little more difficult, and as has been pointed out, the players joining these premades are not there for the pvp. they are there for the fast cap. show them you have some backbone and they give up and leave.

    you insist on finding problems and blaming others (the premades) but refuse to take any actions yourself to make a solution happen.

    P.S. I have done what I have been talking about, killing the fast cappers and delaying their fast cap. I'm not a pvp god.

    P.P.S. this doesn't mean I don't agree CQ has issues. it does. but I find it difficult to have any sympathy for players who queue into CQ with the sole intention of farming turrets, which is what you see most of the time, and what I'm pretty sure the OP had planned for his time in CQ. CQ is on the pvp tab for a reason. get out of the spawn. get out of your comfort zone, and go kill someone.
    Here the thing, it's premade vs solo queue or small team. But your insist same problem to other people solo queuing and saying thats there problem, but there problem become not there problem when less and less join for cq.

    But Premade it's not 100% the problem cq have alot more problem then just premade to keep it a balance game with the right amount people premade it's one of them problem.

    If trion wants the cq games to be well balance out of they can let the premade wait until there 20 slot open or close to the amount or have it that premade can't queue with out other premade queue up same time and or have it that no one can solo queue.

    Even way something need be fix and premade have not helped to bring in even more premade in to cq just made it worst over time and it will keep on getting worst.

    Maybe Better reward? who knows but trion been avoiding adding that in to see that helps at all with out removing the premade queue for some reason to keep people in cq and fighting.
    Last edited by Zaber; 12-08-2015 at 04:35 PM.

  14. #44
    Plane Walker Shanoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    426

    Default Seriously, not that tough to stop them...........

    Just this afternoon Oath had a pm going for a speedcap. 3 of us joined in after the match had started, but before they were able to push timer and it is not that tough to stop them. Typically they spread out on different extractors. Those premades often collapse very quickly when they are unable to push the match into a speedcap win.

    Get a few people to stick together, follow around and kill players, steal the extractor before it caps, and generally steer clear of the 3rd faction who is also hopefully trying to stop them from pushing.

    The pug faction ended up pulling together and it turned into a bit more of a pvp match, and I think got the win in the end. (I had to bow out before it hit timer)
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here again?~

  15. #45
    Rift Chaser Croix01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    300

    Default

    I agree with Shen on this. In the off hours there just isn't enough ppl online to stop ANY pre-formed group in CQ. If you feel that passionately about it form your own PM during these times to fight the power.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts