+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Puri is still undisputed top healer!

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    97

    Default Puri is still undisputed top healer!

    why is puri still insanely OP compared to other healers. Flame of life and constant shields mean other healers cant compete at all.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Zsokorad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser 2k10 View Post
    Puri is still undisputed top healer shielder!
    Sincerely,
    Chloromancer
    Deepwood | Aschana | H1325 | PA1427 | R94 | 20017 pts
    ~ Dedicated Chloromancer ~

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Im not trying to flame you, but who cares. if you like to heal, heal
    All raids require more than 1 healer. Or if you have to have the bestest of the bestest healing numbers re roll cleric

  4. #4
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser 2k10 View Post
    why is puri still insanely OP compared to other healers.
    I've been asking this question for a year and a half and have yet to see a dev response. The closest they came was adding the shielding cap, which did basically nothing except buff Phystact/Puri and kill 61 Phys (since you could no longer pair it with Puri, which is not optional).

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    yeah just nerf puri and leave cleric with 3 useless healing souls. "all classes have unique soul blaa blaa blaa" yeah puri is op in shielding and stuff, just get over it. if you want to puri, roll a cleric. i dont see anyone complaining how chloro has op dps for a healer or lib is op heals and why something something cant match it QQ

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Klutch817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    236

    Default

    I agree. Nerf Purifier, so I'll never have to swap out of Sentinel for anything.
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

  7. #7
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    puri nerfs would mean clerics bring nothing unique or useful to raid that other callings can't do better besides defiler. there would be no reason to have a cleric in your raid unless you needed links because aside from tank healing and linkbotting, every other calling does everything better than clerics.

    since clerics don't actually have an active class developer at the moment, i don't think nerfing puri would be a very good idea.

    puri in it's current state is pretty much all we have left.
    Last edited by ecru; 12-02-2015 at 02:44 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  8. #8
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post
    yeah just nerf puri and leave cleric with 3 useless healing souls. "all classes have unique soul blaa blaa blaa" yeah puri is op in shielding and stuff, just get over it. if you want to puri, roll a cleric. i dont see anyone complaining how chloro has op dps for a healer or lib is op heals and why something something cant match it QQ
    I've read a ton of complaints about the latter, just eventually people gave up and it's not as drastical of an issue as having exactly ONE soul viable for tankhealing.

    Okay Preserver can sorta cover it here and there but there's still a significant amount of fights where it's puri or go home.

    That's ONE soul in 5 callings with a total of 46 souls. Yep.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Electrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    329

    Default

    You can't just "nerf" Purifier without making some of the content unhealable. The issue is a lot more widespread: it's about tank damage in general.
    Remember back in the old days purifier wasn't in the picture and everything was healed by chloromancer and senticar? Chloro was the undisputed king/queen of tank healing back then.

    You can't just change chloromancer to be on par with purifier tank healing because of the LGV/LBV balance, without seriously reconsidering how mobs do their damage.
    The only thing that can be done pretty much is bringing 61 Physician and I guess 31 Preserver up to speed to Purifier capabilities so that raid leaders can choose which one to use.

    Try healing HM Guurloth as anything else than a Purifier and you get the picture.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    puri nerfs would mean clerics bring nothing unique or useful to raid that other callings can't do better besides defiler. there would be no reason to have a cleric in your raid unless you needed links because aside from tank healing and linkbotting, every other calling does everything better than clerics.

    since clerics don't actually have an active class developer at the moment, i don't think nerfing puri would be a very good idea.

    puri in it's current state is pretty much all we have left.
    I'm sorry mister cleric hater but I disagree:

    -Justicar tanks are the only ones with a battle rez, plus they have some kinda decent passive healing.
    -Wardens are the best burst AoE healers, one of the most undervalued souls in rift imo.
    -Cabalist is a nice AoE dps spec, not the best, but it has its perks like tons of CC which PvP fans like, and they come in handy in some PvE situations as well. And if u like PvP you also have Sentinel.
    -Oracle is equal to, or better than bard in many scenarios.
    -Shaman is a very balanced dps spec. Its cleave its worse than most other callings, but it's still a cleave.
    -Inquisitor is also a respectable ranged dps spec, with the problem that it suffers a lot in movement phases, but still a solid dps soul.
    -And defilers, as you already mentioned, have a unique role.

    So I don't see the problem with clerics. Of course not everyone is gonna agree with me, but saying that there is no reason to bring clerics into raids besides the puri and the defiler links, is definitely an exaggeration.
    Last edited by Star Ocean; 12-02-2015 at 06:07 AM.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star Ocean View Post
    I'm sorry mister cleric hater but I disagree:

    -Justicar tanks are the only ones with a battle rez, plus they have some kinda decent passive healing.
    -Wardens are the best burst AoE healers, one of the most undervalued souls in rift imo.
    -Cabalist is a nice AoE dps spec, not the best, but it has its perks like tons of CC which PvP fans like, and they come in handy in some PvE situations as well. And if u like PvP you also have Sentinel.
    -Oracle is equal to, or better than bard in many scenarios.
    -Shaman is a very balanced dps spec. Its cleave its worse than most other callings, but it's still a cleave.
    -Inquisitor is also a respectable ranged dps spec, with the problem that it suffers a lot in movement phases, but still a solid dps soul.
    -And defilers, as you already mentioned, have a unique role.

    So I don't see the problem with clerics. Of course not everyone is gonna agree with me, but saying that there is no reason to bring clerics into raids besides the puri and the defiler links, is definitely an exaggeration.
    Rofl, you serious man? Ecru pointed out how clerics currently are a puri or defiler because all of our other specs are behind other classes specs. Then you proceed to say he's wrong, but back his point up with your evidence that was supposed to dispute it.

    Am I missing something here? Please advise, thank you.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star Ocean View Post
    I'm sorry mister cleric hater but I disagree:

    -Justicar tanks are the only ones with a battle rez, plus they have some kinda decent passive healing.
    -Wardens are the best burst AoE healers, one of the most undervalued souls in rift imo.
    -Cabalist is a nice AoE dps spec, not the best, but it has its perks like tons of CC which PvP fans like, and they come in handy in some PvE situations as well. And if u like PvP you also have Sentinel.
    -Oracle is equal to, or better than bard in many scenarios.
    -Shaman is a very balanced dps spec. Its cleave its worse than most other callings, but it's still a cleave.
    -Inquisitor is also a respectable ranged dps spec, with the problem that it suffers a lot in movement phases, but still a solid dps soul.
    -And defilers, as you already mentioned, have a unique role.

    So I don't see the problem with clerics. Of course not everyone is gonna agree with me, but saying that there is no reason to bring clerics into raids besides the puri and the defiler links, is definitely an exaggeration.
    There really isn't. Obviously Defiler is the only legitimate choice for links (lol Soul Bond/Brothers in Arms). Then a large number of encounters are specifically tuned around the presence of a Purifier, making them the only viable choice. Beyond that Clerics typically aren't your first choice for any other role.

    They are viable (a well played Cleric can fill other roles without absolutely anchoring your raid) but not particularly competitive (you typically won't see Clerics outperform other callings in similar roles without a noticeable disparity in player ability/gear.)

    Ideally that is the definition of balance (interchangeability based more so off player skill than advantages inherent to each calling), but that's not the current game state.
    Last edited by Stihl; 12-02-2015 at 07:15 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    They are viable (a well played Cleric can fill other roles without absolutely anchoring your raid) but not particularly competitive (you typically won't see Clerics outperform other callings in similar roles without a noticeable disparity in player ability/gear.)

    Ideally that is the definition of balance (interchangeability based more so off player skill than advantages inherent to each calling), but that's not the current game state.
    I don't disagree with out about the state of balance. However, I think the crux of this topic is viability/requirement vs. preference/ideal. As it stands, almost every raid encounter requires purifier because of how it's mechanics work (until your tank/healers significantly overgear it). And defilers are unique with the links.

    No other class/role has that. Yes, some are better at it than others. However, the performance/gear gap to close that difference is significantly smaller than with purifier/defiler.

    While I don't believe that the any class/any role ideal is valid, I do think that no single class should have exclusive rights to a role (ie. at least 2 classes viable per role per encounter). Of course, this is as much a function of encounter design as it is class mechanics.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    I don't think people realize the full impact of "nerfing any soul". Because they changes slowly get done, then one class pulls ahead of another, people complain, changes again, another class is "op" its a never ending rotation of classes and souls. Find a role you enjoy and do it to the bet of your abilities and dont worry about numbers or dps meters. Take the ego out of gaming and just have fun.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Mazoga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomed View Post
    Rofl, you serious man? Ecru pointed out how clerics currently are a puri or defiler because all of our other specs are behind other classes specs. Then you proceed to say he's wrong, but back his point up with your evidence that was supposed to dispute it.

    Am I missing something here? Please advise, thank you.
    Current tier raid progression is not the only thing this game has going, far from it. Star mentions pvp, and then there's also lower tier raiding in which a *lot* more is viable that's not currently the best of the best. And a whole slew of other content ofcourse. Not saying there's no rebalancing needed at all, cause yeah things could be better for clerics. But because not all of a class's souls are viable for a very small percentage of the actual game where what's played is entirely controlled by the players who are min-maxing (I get that in some cases they have to, in others it's not as necessary but they still do), is not seeing the entire picture. (yes I'm aware that mechanics and game design favor the puri over other healers and on really tough fights this makes a difference, this is also something to look at in general).

    Once again, not saying there's nothing to be changed, but it's not like clerics can only play one or two souls total in the entire game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts