+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Puri is still undisputed top healer!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Warden is one of the best AoE healers, HPS numbers similar to chloro, yet it has access to a plethora of burst aoe healing. Mana consumption is it's only real drawback.

Sentinel is a powerful ST healer, but it doesn't have shields, so no one uses it in our current puri on nothing meta.

Puri has stupidly strong shielding, to the point in most raids, it's nothing but a shield bot while the raid healers do the majority of actual healing to the tank. It can also be paired with sent for pvp and have the healing and shielding to heal themselves/a target though 5-6 dps rather easily.

There's nothing really wrong with warden or sent, they're just not boarderline broken like puri, so why play them?
    Um.

Warden is dogtier compared to lib.

Anyone who thinks warden is viable compared to lib is unaware of just how much stronger lib is comparatively

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Um.

Warden is dogtier compared to lib.

Anyone who thinks warden is viable compared to lib is unaware of just how much stronger lib is comparatively
    Or just dogtier Lib players. I mean, warriors kind of only did freaking Reaver for 8 months. Kind of rots the brain a bit with that much monotony.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

As I'm sure you're aware we're both on the same page with Puri. But I don't think there could or should be a conversation about changing puri without a discussion around clerics ultimate place in the meta at the moment, which objectively should result in many changes to the class.

I really don't want to have to make another post for Red Hawk like the one I made in dungeons and raids but it's getting to that point. It's absurd, and if I have to prove how neglected clerics have been for the entirety of rifts history to even get some simple balance changes then I guess that's what I'll have to do.
    What is this, the Warrior Forums? "You can't nerf our flagrantly OP spec because we'll be useless, useless I tell you!"

It's a false dilemma. We all know that Puri can't be nerfed until another tier of raids or an expansion comes out. It is the lynchpin of the entire healing meta -- that's the whole point! -- so they can't just rip it out whenever. We've probably got a year before Puri nerfs can even be considered, let alone will be. Pretending that Puri nerfs are imminent while DPS buffs will never come is just silly histrionics (I'm an expert in this area).

The real problem Clerics have is their lack of diversity in DPS souls. It IMPEDES their ability to establish a consistent whine-cry cycle. For the other classes, when they have a DPS soul that's really good, they've got other DPS souls that they can whine about being underpowered. So even while they're in a prime position they can still churn out the tears as if they're weak. When Rogues got Ranger buffed they immediately pivoted to whining about Marksman. When Warriors had Reaver and Para they whined constantly about Riftblade. When Mages had Stormharb we cried our eyes out over 61 Harb.

But if Clerics tried that it would be something of a joke. Nobody takes it seriously when someone asks for Druid buffs -- because nobody who's serious would ever want that. That's the real dilemma!

edit: Wow, I actually used the word "r e t a r d" properly, as a verb, and got censored. So tired of this! Dialing Donald Trump...
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 12-03-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    What is this, the Warrior Forums? "You can't nerf our flagrantly OP spec because we'll be useless, useless I tell you!"

It's a false dilemma. We all know that Puri can't be nerfed until another tier of raids or an expansion comes out. It is the lynchpin of the entire healing meta -- that's the whole point! -- so they can't just rip it out whenever. We've probably got a year before Puri nerfs can even be considered, let alone will be. Pretending that Puri nerfs are imminent while DPS buffs will never come is just silly histrionics (I'm an expert in this area).

The real problem Clerics have is their lack of diversity in DPS souls. It IMPEDES their ability to establish a consistent whine-cry cycle. For the other classes, when they have a DPS soul that's really good, they've got other DPS souls that they can whine about being underpowered. So even while they're in a prime position they can still churn out the tears as if they're weak. When Rogues got Ranger buffed they immediately pivoted to whining about Marksman. When Warriors had Reaver and Para they whined constantly about Riftblade. When Mages had Stormharb we cried our eyes out over 61 Harb.

But if Clerics tried that it would be something of a joke. Nobody takes it seriously when someone asks for Druid buffs -- because nobody who's serious would ever want that. That's the real dilemma!

edit: Wow, I actually used the word "r e t a r d" properly, as a verb, and got censored. So tired of this! Dialing Donald Trump...
    Fite me IRL.

Fite me IRL.
    Oh Gawd No!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puri is still undisputed top healer!-bully.jpg  

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Nerf Chloro and Phys/tact while we're at it.

Oh so you don't know how to play Warden then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Telaran

Good argument "you don't agree with me so you must be bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    If you're right it is pretty solid. It just so happens the majority of people here have no idea wtf they are talking about. It reminds me of all the "Ranger is still better" folks after the MM rework.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Mitigation/absorb >>>>>>>>> raw healing

all day every day

Warden cant even maintain good hps because it doesn't have 100% up-time on hots, and you have 50% up-time on hots that are on 5 people.... During the downtime when you've used your cds you are next to useless.

Although warden is good on some fights in IGP, its still not the most practical.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 12-04-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Ha.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Yeah ok mate.

cleric as a calling is at a very odd situation right now in my opinion.

the only souls that bring uniqueness to a raid are puri, defiler, and justicar.

oracle is nice to have, but it does not bring uniqueness to the raid. if i cant find one fine ill just get a bard instead.

warden as a raid heal soul, its kit decided that its extremely situational and in most situation a lib will outperform it. the only exceptions i can think of on top of my head from my own experience are thalgurr, lady envy and maybe lord arak during DNC.

sentinel is only used in pvp. despite the fact that 54/22 build brings covenant to the table which is a really strong cooldown in certain encounters (e.g. fauxmire), its still not a viable healing spec in raids.

as for dps, yes skills determine most of it but when it comes to the same gear level with minimum skill gap clerics are just getting straight up beaten by other callings. shaman and inq are both solid dps souls but they are just too outdated and there are a lot of bugs too within those 2 souls.

cab is a good aoe spec. it does not do the most aoe dps but it does brings some uniqueness of cc to the raid, but only on very few encounters (e.g. aky)

lets not talk about druid.

so overall the only souls that a cleric can bring uniqueness to the raid with are justicar, defiler, and puri. justicar is tank thus not everyone can play it, that leaves the majority of the population defiler and puri.

since clerics for the most part get outclassed by other callings in terms of dps, their positions in raids are determined by the uniqueness they can bring to the raid. by nerfing/changing puri/defiler the only thing it will accomplish is to get rid of the last bit of uniqueness a cleric can bring, meaning there is zero reason to bring a cleric to the raid apart from maybe a justicar off tank.

just my personal thoughts.
    ChinaPandaMan@Laethys <Trinity> twitch.tv/chinapandaman

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    If you're right it is pretty solid. It just so happens the majority of people here have no idea wtf they are talking about. It reminds me of all the "Ranger is still better" folks after the MM rework.
    Oh yes, the high amount of people claiming ranger was better than marksman after the rework was so insane....
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post

In response to the person who specifically said "Anyone who doesn't agree with my opinion is obviously ignorant"?

Yeah boohoo, neither of you are being constructive here either.
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    Mitigation/absorb >>>>>>>>> raw healing

all day every day

Warden cant even maintain good hps because it doesn't have 100% up-time on hots, and you have 50% up-time on hots that are on 5 people.... During the downtime when you've used your cds you are next to useless.

Although warden is good on some fights in IGP, its still not the most practical.
    Mitigation and HPS are equal in terms of keeping people alive outside of OHKs, which is not a factor in raid healing, the only benefit of absorb is it can be applied to extend health pools, but lib doesn't have enough of it for that to matter.

Any good warden is going to have more total hps than a lib, allowing for more potential healing.

I don't expect a few specific people here to agree with me, because mitigation sound like a better idea, yet I doubt any of you are going to the effort to find out if/how much better mitigation is, were as I've gone to the trouble to find out the specifics, and it's not.

It's two different ways of keeping a target alive with essentially identical effectiveness.
    Also nerf bards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast