+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Elayara
  • 2 Post By Ahnastashia
  • 1 Post By Kumu Honua

Thread: Too many Teth rifts!

Default Too many Teth rifts!

Every week when I try to get the "close 10 rifts in Planetouched Wilds" quest done I am hampered by rifts that are next to impossible to close without a ridiculously well geared group. Every time I pop a lure it's Teth'Impossible, every rift I encounter is the same apart from maybe one in ten. Can these things be made MAJOR LURE ONLY please. They clearly qualify as major rifts despite the mobs not having an elite badge. No other "normal" rift contains mobs that kill you in less then 3 seconds. It is incredibly frustrating having to hop shards and ride around the entire zone for hours just to find a rift that is possible to close as a mere mortal in less than BiS gear!
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Ascendant

I do not like these Teth rifts myself, though I have not seen one that kills me in 3 seconds - I usually get stuck in phase 4(?) where you have to stop 10 mobs from reaching the Teth, and most of the time end up with 9/10. No idea if I'm to slow, or if the rifts are just bugged.

Anyway, if you have a crafting profession the easiest way to avoid this is to join one of the crafting lure groups that are formed in public chat. This way you have a small chance at imperishables and hearts, and can easily finish the rift weekly without having to deal with any of the annoying Teth rifts.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Every week when I try to get the "close 10 rifts in Planetouched Wilds" quest done I am hampered by rifts that are next to impossible to close without a ridiculously well geared group. Every time I pop a lure it's Teth'Impossible, every rift I encounter is the same apart from maybe one in ten. Can these things be made MAJOR LURE ONLY please. They clearly qualify as major rifts despite the mobs not having an elite badge. No other "normal" rift contains mobs that kill you in less then 3 seconds. It is incredibly frustrating having to hop shards and ride around the entire zone for hours just to find a rift that is possible to close as a mere mortal in less than BiS gear!
    Just a hint here... get in a crifting group and do the crifts in planetouched wilds. The crifts are extremely easy to close with a full raid group, close in like 3-5 minutes, and you get crafting mats as well. It's a "kill two birds with one stone" sort of thing. Win/Win if you ask me.

Rift Chaser

I did the 10 rift quest yesterday. Mostly solo with the exceptions of the few times random people showed up to do the same quest.

I failed on one of them because I wasn't able to kill the 24 critters fast enough because yes, they do hurt.

Moved on and did the next one.

If you can't solo them then you could form a group to do them. Whether from some "Crossevents" advertising or from your guild members. Though crossevents will most likely only join the crafting rift events as then they get to complete the weekly and get loot that has actual value at the same time.

I don't find the teth rifts to be as difficult as major lure events. Those major lure events actually hurt to the point that if I get more than 2 of them, I am probably dead.
    Pakolu, The Squirrel.
    <Old Farts>, Wolvesbane (I refuse to spell it wrong.)

I shall keep my eyes open for Crift groups I think. I have only tried the fire and earth Teths, both of which involved multiple little mobs that pulled at once and zerged me down as though I had just run into a trash pack with no gear equipped! Not sure how the other planes are, after that I figured it would be suicide to even try and just run past when I see the word Teth in a rift's name.
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I do not like these Teth rifts myself, though I have not seen one that kills me in 3 seconds - I usually get stuck in phase 4(?) where you have to stop 10 mobs from reaching the Teth, and most of the time end up with 9/10. No idea if I'm to slow, or if the rifts are just bugged.
    That will be the Earth one then. It has one mob which spawns underground, when the rift is not opened on a flat surface. I've not had issues doing any other teth rift, just this one.

Telaran

I personally think it would be good if they would put the name teth on it, or put something on it as a way we can tell that it is a teth rift instead of a normal one. I also agree on not having the lures open a teth.

Quote Originally Posted by BBBLOOD View Post
    I personally think it would be good if they would put the name teth on it, or put something on it as a way we can tell that it is a teth rift instead of a normal one. I also agree on not having the lures open a teth.
    I know I'm biased and probably outgear the zone content (it's much like EI was, at level 50), but I don't think this should be changed. The zone's supposed to be harder than regular level 65 zones - that would include the rifts. If you're struggling, you really only need a sidekick to get these rifts done. It's not that uncommon to cooperate in an MMOG.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    The zone's supposed to be harder than regular level 65 zones.
    That's why the mobs in this zone also drop better rewards than mobs in the other NT zones.

Uhm... wait a moment...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    I know I'm biased and probably outgear the zone content (it's much like EI was, at level 50), but I don't think this should be changed. The zone's supposed to be harder than regular level 65 zones - that would include the rifts. If you're struggling, you really only need a sidekick to get these rifts done. It's not that uncommon to cooperate in an MMOG.
    The thing is I have absolutely no issue killing any other mob in the zone, if I come across a non Teth rift it's no harder than a rift in Tarken Glacier, I can faceroll most of the elite mobs with my eyes closed (apart from some Teth tree that hits for 25k every second). I am all for harder content, but having 90% of rifts that spawn be these Teth things is silly. Either it should be ALL Teth, or the Teth's should be major lure only.
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

+ Reply to Thread