+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion's Error - Feeling very cheated

Angry Trion's Error - Feeling very cheated

So I bought the Wilds Pack for $99.99, got some great stuff and happy experimenting with the Primalist. The only thing I wasn't compensated for was the 87,500 loyalty which came with the pack. But that was resolved.

Having 30days worth of patronship made my time easier ingame because of the passive benefits as well as being able to summon my mailbox, banker etc. Even the discount with the ingame store was appealing -- sooo appealing that I purchased credits upon credits trying my luck at the chests/troves and buying various costumes. I even got a weekly patron box!!

Everything seemed alright until......
    I noticed that wasn't being charged the correct credits in the ingame store. The credit shown on the trove/chest cost 630 credits but I was getting charged 700 (via ingame notification). Something that I rarely pay attention to. So I contacted Support.

Apparently (and according to CS), my patron cycle wasn't activated. They apologized to me and compensated me 3days of patron time plus a restart of my 30day patron time from the Wilds Pack.

Now my issue with this is that....
    I already spent those credits for items in the ingame shop.
    Shop showed correct credit amount but I was getting charged the full (unpatron) amount.
    Nothing indicated that my patron cycle was inactive.
    I got my weekly patron gift.
    I could summon things only patrons can.
    It looked like I was getting the passive bonuses.
    I could even wear that patron halo!

Shouldn't I get reimbursed for the credits I spent which reflects my patron discount?!
    I've already spent the money (approx. $260.00 USD) to buy credits.

I'm hoping a GM reads this so they can follow up on it.

(btw - I'm still trying to get this resolved via credit reimbursements. I was just feeling so frustrated and annoyed at the response by Customer Support that I need to vent! )
    Last edited by CVn25; 11-15-2015 at 04:51 PM.

I say yes.

It costs Trion nothing to refund the difference of extra credits that you were overcharged. And if it will not only keep you as a patron but also encourage you to continue to spend your money on more credits and fluff in the Trion stores then Trion needs to remedy this as soon as possible.

Best of luck to you.

"In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Plane Walker

I hope it works out for you. Give it a few days im sure things work slower on the weekend's

Yes.

You were overcharged, and they haven't refunded you.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Rift Chaser

They are actually very good at refunds.
    Last edited by Kumu Honua; 11-15-2015 at 11:32 PM.
    Pakolu, The Squirrel.
    <Old Farts>, Wolvesbane (I refuse to spell it wrong.)

Just put another ticket in to address the refund.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Thanks for the responses everyone.
    I did send them my response to their action on my issue along with a few choice words as to how they dealt with it. Mind you I was furious!
    I never had a problem with them in the past and I'm hoping that they resolve this for me in a fair way. Reimbursement for the credit overcharges.
    Here's part of the response they sent that got me really upset. I left out the GM's name.

-----------------
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for any confusion or frustration this issue may have caused. We have reviewed your account and found that your patron cycle was not active. We have granted you 3 days of patron time as compensation for this issue, and after that 3 days, you should have your 30 days of patron time, with the RIFT Store credit discount. Should this happen again, we ask that you contact us immediately so that we can get this fixed for you as quickly as possible.

----------------

The $99.99 Wilds Pack was purchased a day before I bought any credits. I also realized that I didn't get the loyalty from the Wilds Pack so I put in a ticket about that issue. They fixed for me in no time! Luckily I took notice of the my loyalty before the purchase because I was debating if the pack rewards were worth $99.99.

As far as purchasing items from the store, I rarely look at chat notification when I'm buying stuff. I just look to see what I got. This time I felt something was off. Mainly because I had less credits to spend and it just didn't see right -- that's how I caught the credit error/overcharges. Checking my account history transaction page also confirmed that I was getting overcharged the entire time!

Thanks for letting me vent!
    Hopefully my post will bring awareness to people that are buying credits and to those that are new to the game/cash shop and what they should keep an eye out for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trion's Error - Feeling very cheated-ingamestore_overcharge-01.jpg  
    Last edited by CVn25; 11-16-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Plane Touched

when your patron time expires the game gives you a 3 days grace to renew. during those 3 days all your patron perks are still active except the patron discount (got no idea why!). the only way to keep up with your patron time left is by checking your account page regularly.
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CVn25 View Post
    So I bought the Wilds Pack for $99.99, got some great stuff and happy experimenting with the Primalist. The only thing I wasn't compensated for was the 87,500 loyalty which came with the pack. But that was resolved.

***edit*** sorry I just read the other posts. Mine has nothing to do with the 3 day patron grace period.
    Having 30days worth of patronship made my time easier ingame because of the passive benefits as well as being able to summon my mailbox, banker etc. Even the discount with the ingame store was appealing -- sooo appealing that I purchased credits upon credits trying my luck at the chests/troves and buying various costumes. I even got a weekly patron box!!

Everything seemed alright until......
    I noticed that wasn't being charged the correct credits in the ingame store. The credit shown on the trove/chest cost 630 credits but I was getting charged 700 (via ingame notification). Something that I rarely pay attention to. So I contacted Support.

Apparently (and according to CS), my patron cycle wasn't activated. They apologized to me and compensated me 3days of patron time plus a restart of my 30day patron time from the Wilds Pack.

Now my issue with this is that....
    I already spent those credits for items in the ingame shop.
    Shop showed correct credit amount but I was getting charged the full (unpatron) amount.
    Nothing indicated that my patron cycle was inactive.
    I got my weekly patron gift.
    I could summon things only patrons can.
    It looked like I was getting the passive bonuses.
    I could even wear that patron halo!

Shouldn't I get reimbursed for the credits I spent which reflects my patron discount?!
    I've already spent the money (approx. $260.00 USD) to buy credits.

I'm hoping a GM reads this so they can follow up on it.

(btw - I'm still trying to get this resolved via credit reimbursements. I was just feeling so frustrated and annoyed at the response by Customer Support that I need to vent! )

Good luck. I opened a ticket about this several months ago when I was trying to reach black tier loyalty. Trion still hasn't fixed it.
    Last edited by Hailolyergory; 11-16-2015 at 03:30 AM.
    #endthedoublestandards

Quote Originally Posted by Natia View Post
    when your patron time expires the game gives you a 3 days grace to renew. during those 3 days all your patron perks are still active except the patron discount (got no idea why!). the only way to keep up with your patron time left is by checking your account page regularly.
    Thanks for the heads up on this, Natia! Good information for people to be aware of.

In my case, Patron time/cycle should have been applied when I bought the Wilds Pack. I bought credits and spent credits at the beginning of my cycle and not at the end.

Plane Walker

This is a terrible business model. It my store if something doesn't ring up the right price, I check out why it didn't and even if the customer is obviously lying to get an extra $5 off, I'll still give it to them. Happy customer is a returning customer.

Here's a new message from the Support GM.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for the frustration this issue has caused. At this time, we will not be granting any further compensation for this issue. You will receive the patron discount for the 30 days that you paid for, and we have granted you an extra 3 days of patron time.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.

Seriously this is NOT right. Why am I being penalized for spending money in the store?

I just noticed that the GM wrote....At this time....
    Do you think that they are trying to get their act together to compensate me in the overcharge?
    Last edited by CVn25; 11-16-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Plane Walker

Doubtful. I've had great luck with sending pm to devsb on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Finerty View Post
    Doubtful. I've had great luck with sending pm to devsb on here.
    Hey Finerty,

I did send an IM to CM Morgana. Not sure if it will help or not but it's worth a try.

At this point in time, I'm very disappointed in their responses and it has put a damper on my mood/energy of being back with RIFT. It's pretty unfortunate because I was truly enjoying myself ingame. Also a sucker for buying all their packs and special credit offers -- lol.

If things don't work out for me then I guess that's it as far as supporting Trion through subscriptions/cash shops/special packs. Lesson learned.

A small part of me is still hopeful.

Anyway....Thank you Rift community for allowing me to vent and posting positive responses.
    Have a great day/evening.

I'm interested to know more because a businesses online reputation is increasingly important these days.

As previously stated, you should open another ticket to address the refund specifically.

If; You have been overcharged,
    And; They refuse to refund the overcharged amount,
    Then; This is fraud.

This whole situation is a CLASSIC example of what happens when inexperienced people are put in these positions. You need to raise this, which is why I say put another ticket in informing them that they overcharged you and consequently they need to refund you the overcharged amount.

Edit: Wording is important.

Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by Narielia; 11-16-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Wording

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast