+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion's Error - Feeling very cheated

Quote Originally Posted by CVn25 View Post
    Thank you everyone for your positive and constructive responses. I really do appreciate the support of the Rift community.

I am happy to announce that my issue was escalated for additional assistance.
    The final outcome is that they are refunding me my credits.

------- Final Message --------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for the frustration caused by this issue. I have refunded your account 4250 credits to compensate for the purchases that the discount was missed.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.

-------- End Message ----

This is a happy ending for me.

Hopefully this thread of what I went through shines some light as to how things may not be what they seem. If you are spending money in support of a game, don't take it for granted that you are receiving items/credits/discount that you are owed.

I was able to catch the inaccuracies but there may be many others out there that didn't. Who knows...

As I mentioned earlier about the missing loyalty from the Wilds Pack, make sure you keep track of things such as that. It can be easily overlooked.

Thanks again and have a great day/evening!!
    Glad to hear that your situation has been resolved. It takes time but Trion support is one of the companies that have great support system in mmo market, i have always had pleasant experience with them and now you have too. Enjoy RIft, take care.

Very happy to see it was resolved, Trion has always been great with their customer service anytime I had a problem in the past.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #33

Glad to see this got fixed. If you could send me a PM with your ticket number I'd appreciate it, I want to dig into this one a little more on the back end so I have a better understanding of what exactly happened.

Speaking from experience, there would of been a number of contributing factors, but essentially it's just a misunderstanding, or miscommunication (depends which side of the fence you're on).

I start at the beginning... the original ticket.

With the actual issue either missing from the ticket entirely, or, being lost within the wording to someone who is inexperienced.

This was compounded further when the operator investigated, and they uncovered another issue. The operator at this point, would of made a correlation between the two issues (as there is).

Then operator rectified your (TW) issue as opposed to the customers issue, thinking that was that, and compensated the customer for the inconvenience.

This would of happened because the operator would of had no understanding (for one reason or another) of the customers issue from the beginning (as is evidenced), and as far as the operator was concerned the issue was resolved, so when the customer asks for the refund a second time (after the fact), what do you think happens?

From there it's a snowball effect. To the point where threads pop up on the forums.

Ergo, my post.

Hopefully this helps everyone.
    Last edited by Narielia; 11-18-2015 at 09:22 PM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Glad to see this got fixed. If you could send me a PM with your ticket number I'd appreciate it, I want to dig into this one a little more on the back end so I have a better understanding of what exactly happened.
    I had something similar happen on my first account a while back. It wasn't enough credits to matter to me - the main issue was that the account wasn't showing as a patron account for quite a while, which I simply failed to notice (my fault for being inattentive). It was a problem in your backend somewhere - I had a paid sub (by cc) that lapsed when I started buying credits and using them for patron time. At that point, I contacted support using the chat function, and got them started on figuring out what happened.

They did - eventually. Took a while, maybe a couple of weeks. I think some things are just not real transparent even from the support backend.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Telaran

From my experience with customer support they basically mash a macro that stating they are sorry they can't do anything about your problem until you keep the ticket open and cycle through 5 gm's to the point a senior gm helps you.

I am not sure if they are instructed to just tell you to F-off and hope you dont bother to save them manpower or they just don't care about their jobs anymore. A senior gm typically is much better at resolving issues but it saddens me that it has to even reach them.

Everyone here believes that your situation is a CLEAR CUT issue that shouldn't need higher management to resolve and if it did it should have been them to escalate it, not you. They should have been highly concerned about your case and did their best to rectify the situation.

I am glad you got this issue solved. In my humble opinion I think Trion has lost interest in Rift, there is no way they can be that severely incompetent.
    Last edited by Rabbitfangs; 11-19-2015 at 08:26 AM.

Plane Walker

It's just a matter of wording it proper and simple, explaining your particular issue. Of course there are things that take longer to solve, but a bit of patience helps

As of today I'll say again the GMs have always been very helpful. I've had something come up yesterday, regarding my patronage, and it was taken care of in a matter of hours (mainly because I'm an air-head, forgot I had the chat window opened, closed it and went out)
    Last edited by Nephyla; 11-19-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    My reference number for this ticket issue sent via PM.

Default Update: problem still persists

--------- Here's an update ------------------

Nov. 15, 2015 -- I received 3day's compensation + restart of my 30day Patron Cycle.

Nov. 18, 2015 -- I got refunded the credits that I was being overcharged in the Rift Store. Ticket was closed and problem with refund of credit overcharge resolved.

Nov. 20, 2015

I went into game and apparently the in-game store (overcharge issue) is still not fixed.
    I then checked my account and my Patron Timer is stuck on 33days. (since Nov. 15, when I was issued 3day compensation and restart of my 30day patron cycle). It should be 28days.

I opened live chat support and it took an hour plus 2 supervisors to look into my issue.

Unfortunately, Support couldn't continue with chat (due to length of time and closing hours) so we ended chat and my issue will be investigated.

--------------------- end of update -----------------------

Added Nov. 21, 2015

The problem with my account is finally fixed.
    My account was stuck with Patron-time not counting down. They had to make changes on their end and now the authentication servers are accounting for my Patron Cycle / Benefits correctly.

Looking at my Transaction History, they put in a voucher for 30days + an additional 5days.

Hopefully things work well from now on.
    Last edited by CVn25; 11-21-2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: undate message

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by CVn25 View Post
    --------- Here's an update ------------------

Nov. 15, 2015 -- I received 3day's compensation + restart of my 30day Patron Cycle.

Nov. 18, 2015 -- I got refunded the credits that I was being overcharged in the Rift Store. Ticket was closed and problem with refund of credit overcharge resolved.

Nov. 20, 2015

I went into game and apparently the in-game store (overcharge issue) is still not fixed.
    I then checked my account and my Patron Timer is stuck on 33days. (since Nov. 15, when I was issued 3day compensation and restart of my 30day patron cycle). It should be 28days.

I opened live chat support and it took an hour plus 2 supervisors to look into my issue.

Unfortunately, Support couldn't continue with chat (due to length of time and closing hours) so we ended chat and my issue will be investigated.

--------------------- end of update -----------------------

Added Nov. 21, 2015

The problem with my account is finally fixed.
    My account was stuck with Patron-time not counting down. They had to make changes on their end and now the authentication servers are accounting for my Patron Cycle / Benefits correctly.

Looking at my Transaction History, they put in a voucher for 30days + an additional 5days.

Hopefully things work well from now on.

So basically you was getting free permanent patron minus the credit discounts? Looks like you told on yourself and gave up a good thing.

Default right

Ok, I get it now.. When I first joined rift customer service was awesome, absolutely awesome, but in the recent past they have been VERY hard work to get them to understand what your issue is before giving replies that show they had no idea what the issue is or how to resolve. Kinda like getting blood from a stone no matter which way it's explained to them.

Where as at first I could state my issue, it was resolved right away and everyone was happy. These days there seems to be a frustrating fight to get anywhere with them. The generic copy/pasted replies from them I see in this thread that have also been copy pasted to me in an issue then 'we are sorry but' when you just know the issue was a simple one that would have been fixed right away not long ago.

I used to get into live chat and say my bit then get a speedy reply with a resolution, it was wonderful service. Now it's like trying to speak Japanese to a French speaker with my dreading going into live chat wondering how many ways I could possibly find to explain a, what is to me, very simple issue that needs resolving before it finally 'clicks' home to someone.

This seemed to have changed drastically since free to play came along. What happened Trion? Outsourced CS to people who have no clue about the 'ins and outs' of Rift?.. Reading this thread it all makes perfect sense now.

That's a big Shame.

You also need to be uber sickly sweet and never ever give them sarcasm. 'Never upset a DEV or you will regret it.. you WILL regret it.' As said live on Twitch TV by a DEV.
    Last edited by Snitty; 11-28-2015 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snitty View Post
    You also need to be uber sickly sweet and never ever give them sarcasm. 'Never upset a DEV or you will regret it.. you WILL regret it.' As said live on Twitch TV by a DEV.
    I don't agree. You've got to be very, very bad to upset a DEV permanently.

As some-one who's got a heckuva short temper. I've done more than my share of hell-raising and sarcasm towards the CM's and DEVs. I've always been treated with respect.

Different folks re-act differently. The CM's and DEV's know this. Passionate people tend to get more upset than most. If your intentions are deliberately malicious, however, you will have a problem with any company.

Trion has some very awesome, patient people working for them.

With any company, it's all about getting in contact with the correct person. Can't blame the entire company for one bad experience with an individual. Even in this case, the old saying goes:

"never confuse nor attribute malice, ill intent, unfair treatment with inexperience or incompetence" ~ in the case of individuals who may work for a company.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 11-28-2015 at 08:43 AM. Reason: OCD grammar - still probably a mistake there somewhere. sigh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3