Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By RatBastich
  • 2 Post By Sargonnas_KoA
  • 1 Post By Brotherswing
  • 1 Post By RatBastich
  • 1 Post By Jirahar
  • 1 Post By RatBastich
  • 1 Post By McChaffe

Thread: Vigil and Procession in support of Paris, hosted by The Regal Order of Moose on 11/14

Soulwalker

Default Vigil and Procession in support of Paris, hosted by The Regal Order of Moose on 11/14

Greetings to all our fellow Rift players from The Regal Order of Moose.

We would like to invite all players to join us for a vigil and procession in a show of support after the tragic events in Paris on Friday.

The vigil will be meeting in Tempest Bay's Plaza, so our Guardian brothers and sisters can attend as well.

Shard: Faeblight
    Date and Time: Saturday, November 14th, 1:00 pm server time

We hope to see you there.

- Cadwyne Darkstryder, Regal Order of Moose

EDIT
    Thank you to all who attended today's vigil for Paris! We had a lovely gathering in Tempest Bay. I'd like to share a few screenshots from the event.

Last edited by RatBastich; 11-14-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

I am glad to see your message, but you do realize Guardian players cant really stay in the middle of Meridian without getting one shot by guards? Why not use a location that all players can go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Sargonnas_KoA View Post
    I am glad to see your message, but you do realize Guardian players cant really stay in the middle of Meridian without getting one shot by guards? Why not use a location that all players can go to?
    I like the idea, but there aren't any neutral zones that low level players can really reach. How about a second procession for Guardian players?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherswing View Post
    I like the idea, but there aren't any neutral zones that low level players can really reach. How about a second procession for Guardian players?
    It certainly wasn't my intention to leave anybody out. Thank you, Sargonne_KoA for pointing this out.

I welcome any suggestions players may have for neutral locations, or even a second processional in Guardian territory. I'll even generate a Guardian toon to participate.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by RatBastich View Post
    It certainly wasn't my intention to leave anybody out. Thank you, Sargonne_KoA for pointing this out.

I welcome any suggestions players may have for neutral locations, or even a second processional in Guardian territory. I'll even generate a Guardian toon to participate.
    What about Tempest Bay? For lower-level characters who haven't yet made it there, guild mates can use a summons to transport them (and they have the bonus of picking up the porticulum for the future).

Alternatively, though it is less publicly visible but easier for all levels to access, participants could meet in someone's dimension?

Upon consideration, I think I like the dimension idea better. Less likely to attract trolls.
    Last edited by Jirahar; 11-14-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jirahar View Post
    What about Tempest Bay? For lower-level characters who haven't yet made it there, guild mates can use a summons to transport them (and they have the bonus of picking up the porticulum for the future).

Alternatively, though it is less publicly visible but easier for all levels to access, participants could meet in someone's dimension?

Upon consideration, I think I like the dimension idea better. Less likely to attract trolls.
    After talking to my Guildies, we will be moving the vigil to Tempest Bay to accommodate Guardian players. I will amend the original post accordingly.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Rift Chaser

Enh, I still think going with a dimension is better. When my guild did a procession in Warcraft many years ago, we got harassed by trolls.

Also, thinking further about it, I shouldn't have suggested Tempest Bay. Since this is an OOC event and Faeblight is the RP server, it would be considerate not to bring real world events (no matter how major) into a public area of a virtual world that people visit to escape their troubles for a little while. I withdraw my recommendation for that area, unless moved to a non-RP server.

(Not that this stops anyone, I know, but I'm an idealist who's fought the long, wearying, and losing battle for GMs to enforce RP server rules for years. Like Mal said, "May've been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." The windmills: I tilt at them.).

*sighs tiredly and awaits the "lol RP" posts to come in*

I'm not going to respond further, but did want to offer that for consideration, not that any of it really matters in the grand scheme of things. Nothing will restore the lives lost.
    Last edited by Jirahar; 11-14-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirahar View Post
    Enh, I still think going with a dimension is better. When my guild did a procession in Warcraft many years ago, we got harassed by trolls.

Also, thinking further about it, I shouldn't have suggested Tempest Bay. Since this is an OOC event and Faeblight is the RP server, it would be considerate not to bring real world events (no matter how major) into a public area of a virtual world that people visit to escape their troubles for a little while. I withdraw my recommendation for that area, unless moved to a non-RP server.

(Not that this stops anyone, I know, but I'm an idealist who's fought the long, wearying, and losing battle for GMs to enforce RP server rules for years. Like Mal said, "May've been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." The windmills: I tilt at them.).

*sighs tiredly and awaits the "lol RP" posts to come in*

I'm not going to respond further, but did want to offer that for consideration, not that any of it really matters in the grand scheme of things. Nothing will restore the lives lost.
    As someone who plays and RPs on Faeblight, there is absolutely no reason why non-RP related can't happen on the shard. If it's breaking your game immersion, go somewhere else or use your ignore list.

Further more, that last sentence. Wow.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 11-14-2015 at 03:46 PM.
    Kaleshnikove@Faeblight [Bounty]: Retired
    RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

+ Reply to Thread