+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: "Shal Korva notoriety runes are now bind on pickup."

Rift Chaser

Yeah this change is terrible, just one more nail in Rift's coffin. Grinding the rep on one toon was bad enough, I'll never get one of my alts any amount of Shal Korva rep. I have a 65 of each class (Primalist included) and only my main will ever get a single point of rep with Shal Korva. It's hardly worth doing once for the barely noticeable increase in stats, definitely would be a complete waste of time to grind out the rep a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Narielia View Post
    You guys should keep this thread going until you get a response.
    The thread's only two days old and it takes time for them to work out how to spin-doctor a decision this bad. I'm truly intrigued as to what they can say that's a positive reason for making this change when, since Storm Legion, notoriety runes have been BOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    The thread's only two days old and it takes time for them to work out how to spin-doctor a decision this bad. I'm truly intrigued as to what they can say that's a positive reason for making this change when, since Storm Legion, notoriety runes have been BOA.
    Runes being BOA was the reason they gived to not make rep account bound.
    The only good reason for this change would be making all reps account bound. This would be a very good deal, especially with the change they made to prevent currency transfer between toons.

As an altaolic, I would love account bound rep
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 11-13-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŗ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

So was this an oversight?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I doubt it. They went out of their way to specifically change this and to hide the notice under a wall of text, making it so inconspicuous that most people probably missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    to hide the notice under a wall of text, making it so inconspicuous that most people probably missed it.
    Items are always listed towards the end in patch notes; Your conspiracy theory is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    The rune is an item.

I can link you other threads that haven't been responded to that were directed towards devs. It doesn't mean that it wasn't read because you haven't gotten a reply yet.
    Yes it sure is an item. More importantly the item solely effects rep gains, so are you seriously suggesting someone put notoriety runes in the "item" pile with a stick and not in the "rep" pile when it comes to patch notes?

You can see the concern here is validated, and your second point is valid however I can also link you threads that are vice versa. Sometimes, some things simply deserve an answer.
    Last edited by Narielia; 11-13-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    We're currently investigating why this change was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Save yourselves a lot of investigative man-hours and just change it back to BOA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    I appreciate your late reply on this topic. Thanks.

And I really do hope it turns out to be an unintentional change that will be rolled back with the next hotfix. I'm curiously waiting for an update...

Save yourselves a lot of investigative man-hours and just change it back to BOA?
    Well summarized. It should have never been changed in the first place. That itself was a waste of the frequently quoted man-hours of the Dev team.

Plane Walker

I would love for them to change it back, but my guess from reading this thread is that they will find out why the change was made and explain to us the reasoning, and keep the rune BoP. I hope I am wrong though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Shal Korva notoriety runes are once again set to bind to account.
    Good news! Thanks for correcting this change.

Plane Walker

Thank you for changing it back. You have restored some of my faith in this game.

Just as I said

Telaran

Very glad this was reverted. Thank you for paying attention to player feedback and responding to it rather promptly. Although I do still support account-wide notoriety.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast