+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Archonix
  • 1 Post By VictorTyne

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: No More Multiple Accounts Logged In

Soulwalker

Default No More Multiple Accounts Logged In

Since the 11/5/15 hotfix, I am no longer able to simultaneously log in with multiple accounts on the same computer. I log in to the first, tab out, log out of the glyph launcher, log in with the second account, and the "Play" button is greyed out.

Nothing about this was mentioned in any of the patch notes I've read.

Is this a bug or a deliberate step to curb multiboxers? I myself am not a multiboxer. I have two accounts and I use them mostly for crafting.

This problem, plus the huge intrusive "BUY NAO" window that seems to always pop up have really degraded my opinion of this game.

Rift Disciple

I was able to log into two accounts today on NA servers at the same time.
    Last edited by Skrell; 11-05-2015 at 12:19 PM.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

It's an unintended side effect of some changes that went out with the Glyph update around 11am PST this morning. We have engineers working to restore the previous functionality.

To work around the problem in the mean time, if you close Glyph and reopen you should be able to fire up RIFT on a second account.

Rift Disciple

Ahhh, no wonder mine still works. I try my best not to update glyph for as long as possible. I don't close glyph so I do not have to update it and click no when it prompts me that there is an update. When I used to update glyph it would get all messed up and I would have to reboot my comp to get it working again. So I only update glyph when it accidentally gets closed.

Soulwalker

Glyph updated again and it seems to work fine.

Got to say, that's some pretty amazing turnaround time.

Thumbs up

Thank RNG! My children (alts) must be cared for. My minions harvested.

Rift Disciple

Restarting glyph, or the machine has no effect here.. Either crashes at load or after a few seconds in game. Freezes etc. I'm sure you know what happened.. Waiting for a fix asap

What I noticed was that now when I log in on multi accounts is my screen goes all cadywampus. Starts flashing to a black screen and back a few times. If i dont touch it I am ok. If I do anything at all while waiting, it freezes. I have been able to log on sets of 4 all night. But I do log all the way out of glyph normally.

Ascendant

What Kitasia says .... it's horribly laggy and slow, everything freezes and stuff. Why mess up stuff that's working? Please, can someone at Trion respond and put this on a list for someone to actually fix?

Ascendant

... and additionally, what I now see is that even when I'm trying to log on with nothing else running, there's a significant delay.

I'd like to know what exactly has been changed and what data you are now collecting through Glyph. It definitely doesn't seem to be 'just' a loader any longer. Is this yet another way to get even more? It's very, very annoying and it should have been left alone. When will this be turned back to 'normal'?

this concept is something I did not know about...heck I'm going to use it frequently.

Ascendant

Default can someone from Trion please respond?

Archonix ... or someone else from the team, can you please explain what exactly has been changed and what Glyph is collecting all the time now....

+ Reply to Thread