+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency and Pricing Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Currency and Pricing Changes

With the launch of The Mind of Madness, we are making some adjustments to raid currency and items on the store.

Fragments of Horror:
    No longer drops from Tier 1 Raid Bosses nor can it be acquired from other sources such as quests or lockboxes.
    Has been replaced on Tier 1 Raid Bosses with Abyssal Crusader Marks.
    Will be converted automatically over to Abyssal Crusader Marks at a 2:1 ratio.
    For every 2 Fragments of Horror you possess currently, you will be awarded 1 Abyssal Crusader Mark.
    This is automatic and will happen when servers are updated on Nov. 5th.

Note: The cap for Abyssal Crusader Marks gained per week remains unchanged.

Fragments of Madness:
    Effects that award bonus currency but prohibited awarding bonus Fragments of Madness now do so.
    o The Patron passive 40% token bonus, for example, now affects Fragments of Madness as do Token Tablet consumables.

Note: The cap for Fragments of Madness gained per week remains unchanged.

Fragments of Darkness:
    New Tier 3 Raid currency
    Can be acquired through slaying bosses in The Mind of Madness or completing daily & weekly quests.
    Is not affected by effects that award bonus currency.
    o In other words, everything that used to not award Fragments of Madness but now does will not award Fragments of Darkness as bonuses.

Since Fragments of Horror will be converted to Abyssal Crusader Marks, Tier 1 items on the store have had their prices changed to reflect this. Additionally, the credit price of Tier 1 gear has been reduced by 40%.

Overall our goal in these changes is to make Tier 1 raid more accessible to the wider RIFT community. If you have the Fragment of Horror today, you should probably buy any items you want. If you want to buy with credits, you should wait till tomorrow. If you have a Primalist or new character that you are gearing up, it will be MUCH faster to do that it was previously and it does not require killing raid bosses to do so, however, they are one of the best sources of Abyssal Crusader Marks.

Telaran

hi Ocho, why cant i see this thread in the Dev Tracker? thanks.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Australium View Post
    hi Ocho, why cant i see this thread in the Dev Tracker? thanks.
    Dev tracker takes maybe 10 minutes to update, it'll be there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    For every 2 Fragments of Horror you possess currently, you will be awarded 1 Abyssal Crusader Mark.
    On what planet does this make any sense? We're getting less expert currency per FoH we earned, with the t1 currency being of greater value. So, again, what the actual **** kind of logic is this?

If anything it should be a 1:1 conversion at the least.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 11-04-2015 at 06:01 PM.

Rift Chaser

This sort of thing needs to be in the welcome window before it actually happens.

Soulwalker

Default currency

so frags of horror are harder to get than the current nte currency ... so if the price of the items are staying the same but lets say for instance somebody who is one raid week away from their next t1 piece is now goin to 2 weeks or what have you out and will cap out with marks in 2 days max ... should be the other way around ... 2 nte currency per one frag of horror and cap will need increased to be able to progress as fast as you are quoting in your post ... as stated before not only do you need the marks to buy the gear you also need the marks to upgrade the gear .. i.e. ..the saga weapon .. while i may not be seeing the big picture i just see the fact with this change in currency will be setting me back another month or so to get all this done ... so i strongly recommend rethinking this conversion and also increase the cap

I hope T1 will drop at least 1000 ACM per boss - but this is wishful thinking.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    On what planet does this make any sense? We're getting less expert currency per FoH we earned, with the t1 currency being of greater value. So, again, what the actual **** kind of logic is this?

If anything it should be a 1:1 conversion at the least.
    Even worse considering EU players got warned at 2am, while most are asleep. Feel sorry for the people who are actually saving for t1 gear and suddenly have half the saving (assuming they haven't stockpiled ACM, since most who are gearing tend to have ACM problems)

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

This actually doesn't make sense. Abyssal marks were the easiest to cap and yet the cap isn't changing with more sources added. While you're attempting to make Tier 1 more accessible, you're actually pushing people away. If I can cap Abyssal marks just by doing weeklies, why bother starting to raid? The only players it'll be more accessible to is the alts of current raiders because it's not anything new to them. Not to mention what Sedvick said.

I do have a question though. Will the conversion count towards the cap this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

So will the current weekly quests have their currency rewards automatically switched to the new currency Fragments of Darkness as a reward and removing Fragments of Horror? Or have I wasted my time today?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    Even worse considering EU players got warned at 2am, while most are asleep. Feel sorry for the people who are actually saving for t1 gear and suddenly have half the saving (assuming they haven't stockpiled ACM, since most who are gearing tend to have ACM problems)
    I was so baffled by the stupidity of the first part I quoted that I completely skipped over the stupidity: part 2.

The nightmare this expansion promised just gets scarier and scarier.

Plane Touched

Default Hang on

removed due to misunderstnding
    Last edited by xeroid; 11-04-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    I hope T1 will drop at least 1000 ACM per boss - but this is wishful thinking.
    wont matter, since

Thats pretty stupid imo. Its way to late doing the "math" but with that change, its def NOT faster playing/gearing new chars/alts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Not too happy with the conversion and the short notice. Conversion is even worse than the 1:1 back in Storm Legion.
    Last edited by Jonus; 11-04-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    wont matter, since

Thats pretty stupid imo. Its way to late doing the "math" but with that change, its def NOT faster playing/gearing new chars/alts...
    Well it is faster. The t1 mark cap was 5.6k. The expert mark cap is 20k. -> You can get more t1 gear per week than before. So it's definitely faster.

The issue is the half conversion rate which effectively halves the savings of people who may have been saving for a t1 item. And yes ofcourse the cap should be increased too, not saying it shouldn't

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast