+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency and Pricing Changes

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    This actually doesn't make sense. Abyssal marks were the easiest to cap and yet the cap isn't changing with more sources added. While you're attempting to make Tier 1 more accessible, you're actually pushing people away. If I can cap Abyssal marks just by doing weeklies, why bother starting to raid? The only players it'll be more accessible to is the alts of current raiders because it's not anything new to them. Not to mention what Sedvick said.

I do have a question though. Will the conversion count towards the cap this week?
    Conversion does not count towards cap.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    On what planet does this make any sense? We're getting less expert currency per FoH we earned, with the t1 currency being of greater value. So, again, what the actual **** kind of logic is this?

If anything it should be a 1:1 conversion at the least.
    The other night, I mentioned to my wife, that a fair conversion would be two acm's for every horror mark. Even with that conversion, you are getting less, because a weekly that gives you 300 FoH, gave you 650 acm's. I hope I am remembering those numbers correctly. Either way, implementing this without an increase in the acm cap strikes me as lame.

Taking a look at things, it's definitely easier for players to gear up for Tier 1 after the initial shock of the currency conversion, even with an unchanged ACM weekly cap.

However, I agree with Sedvick; conversion should be at least 1:1.

Plus the late announcement just means there's bound to be a whole heap of players posting on the forums tomorrow about this change.

Telaran

I gotta say, the conversion ratio is really shafting those of us trying to gear up. Given that the cost for the gear (according to what I've seen on Riftgrate) will be either the same or HIGHER in ACMs, we should be given at LEAST 1:1 on the marks.

Bad form, Trion. Bad form.

not sure if bob ross can save this conversion ratio....

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    Well it is faster. The t1 mark cap was 5.6k. The expert mark cap is 20k. -> You can get more t1 gear per week than before. So it's definitely faster.
    Not really, before you could cap both marks and do upgrades (maybe pvp gear) and/or buy gear from both currencies..now you'll have just the one source and it's cap is the same as before.

edit: though I did just learn the gear costs might be going down..so that could help somewhat.
    Last edited by thelarry; 11-04-2015 at 06:43 PM.
    thelarry@greybriar

Xol
    Rift Disciple

As one of those who are 5k FoH away from my next and only T1 piece currently worthwhile to me (25k FoH Wand) converting the 20k I have to 10k ACM seems wrong.
    Which brings me to a couple of simple but important questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Since Fragments of Horror will be converted to Abyssal Crusader Marks, Tier 1 items on the store have had their prices changed to reflect this. Additionally, the credit price of Tier 1 gear has been reduced by 40%.
    Changed to what?> forgetting the 40% credit price reduction, how much for instance, would the 25k FoH Wand now cost in ACM?
    Is the cost of the T1 items going to be halved to validate the 2:1 ratio being applied or reduced by 40% like the credit cost?

Kind Regards.
    Xol
    Last edited by Xol; 11-04-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Shadowlander

Will the prices of the Tier 1 gear be cut in half to go along with the devaluing of the Tier 1 currency?

shp
    Champion

This is why you won't get more money from me. I was tempted to spend 100$ for the mount promo credit pack but your dirty plays like this reminds me even if I can, I won't support the devs who make punishing decisions to the players. If it was a still a sub game with Hartsman as executive, conversion would be 1:3.
    Last edited by shp; 11-04-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    Well it is faster. The t1 mark cap was 5.6k. The expert mark cap is 20k. -> You can get more t1 gear per week than before. So it's definitely faster.
    This applies to Patrons. Non-Patrons have a cap of 15k and at the same time patrons have +55% token bonus, which non-Patrons don't have. If you don't make the annoying and time consuming PvP weeklies, it is pretty hard to cap as non-patron. It's possible, but very very time consuming.
    What concerns me more is, that you need 20k ACM to upgrade/sidegrade a piece of T3 gear with a 15k weekly cap. It happens often enough that one has to sidegrade 2 or 3 or 4 pieces of gear to balance AP/CP. As it is now you are forced to cap every week without missing one, so you hopefully be able to balance your gear properly.

If the T1 bosses would actually drop a good amount of ACM, you could clear all T1 raids, make the open world weeklies and do a couple of Experts and you are capped. But we know Trion, they try to force Raider into PvP and PvPers into Raids and they want you to make all useless Chronicles and IAs in order to upgrade your gear as high end raider.
    Last edited by Nehira; 11-04-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Rift Master

Overall, this is really how I feel when Trion talks about "accessibility" of gear (And this is just the latest in a long string of changes they have made)

Last edited by Caldorian; 11-04-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Plane Touched

Please tell me that 2 fragments to 1 crusader is a typo and that you mean 1 fragment = 2 crusaders.

That is the only way that makes sense.

Shadowlander

Dog **** conversion rate.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Plane Touched

Default Please explain

Ocho:

I think you need a concrete example of the new vs. old pricing to show just how this is supposed to make gearing up a new character much faster.

Can you please walk us through the costs of buying, say, a T1 Helmet now vs. tomorrow?

Telaran

i just informed people in 65 chat.

5 people thanked me for it, since they werent aware of it.

ALL were horrified at the abysmal rate of FOH:ACM.

first you PUNISH players by not giving advance warning, then you KICK them while they are down thanks to an absurd conversion rate, and to top it all off, ACM cap isnt increased. i wish to say unspeakable things.

there is STILL TIME. RECONSIDER your decision.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast