+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeLivia

Thread: Can't purchase the 49.99 pack using Steam wallet

Default Can't purchase the 49.99 pack using Steam wallet

Update: Well, after hours and probably over 50 attempts at doing the same time over and over ...and over again, it worked. Got my damn credits. So if something is borked, try again I guess. Flawless method.
    Last edited by DeLivia; 10-26-2015 at 06:22 AM.

shp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Update: Well, after hours and probably over 50 attempts at doing the same time over and over ...and over again, it worked. Got my damn credits. So if something is borked, try again I guess. Flawless method.
    Did you happen to encounter same problem as me here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-no-reply.html ?

Very frustrating, I'm trying to buy this stupid pack for 4 days now. I have no words for customer support. Anyway, I tried to buy it (more than) 50 times too, but maybe I didn't try hard enough. You're saying that one time it just suddenly worked?

Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post
    Did you happen to encounter same problem as me here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-no-reply.html ?

Very frustrating, I'm trying to buy this stupid pack for 4 days now. I have no words for customer support. Anyway, I tried to buy it (more than) 50 times too, but maybe I didn't try hard enough. You're saying that one time it just suddenly worked?
    Yes, that's the exact same message. I feel you, mate. I got it working just out of the blue after a few hours and you've tried for 4 days? I feel like they should reimburse you somehow if it turns out to be a problem on their end, especially if it's solved after the promo ends.

Anyway, I was suspecting the issue was that my credit card hadn't been verified by Steam so I tried to do that. However, the method they use is extremely stupid as they do two small withdrawals from your account and then want you to enter the exact amounts in EUR... my bank doesn't use EUR so that was pretty much impossible to do since I have no idea what conversion rate my bank uses. Anyway, if you ever suspected that was the problem I guess you can rule that out as I never managed to verify my CC on Steam and it just suddenly worked. Got my pack and the five boxes. Last time I use Steam wallet to buy credits though.

shp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Yes, that's the exact same message. I feel you, mate. I got it working just out of the blue after a few hours and you've tried for 4 days? I feel like they should reimburse you somehow if it turns out to be a problem on their end, especially if it's solved after the promo ends.

Anyway, I was suspecting the issue was that my credit card hadn't been verified by Steam so I tried to do that. However, the method they use is extremely stupid as they do two small withdrawals from your account and then want you to enter the exact amounts in EUR... my bank doesn't use EUR so that was pretty much impossible to do since I have no idea what conversion rate my bank uses. Anyway, if you ever suspected that was the problem I guess you can rule that out as I never managed to verify my CC on Steam and it just suddenly worked. Got my pack and the five boxes. Last time I use Steam wallet to buy credits though.
    Thanks for your answer. I'll be very mad if I miss it, I only put money into my steam wallet to buy that promo credits. How could I predict it's not going to work if 2 weeks ago I bought REX just fine, that's one thing. Second, if it's listed as a valid payment method it HAS to work. Money related issues should be highly prioritized but, after my pathetic experience with customer support, it doesn't feel like it. Totally unacceptable. I'll keep trying, one day left...
    Last edited by shp; 10-26-2015 at 08:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread