+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By xeroid
  • 2 Post By Morgaith

Thread: Teleport/jump hack?

Plane Touched

Default Teleport/jump hack?

So I was watching a bot farm in the southern City Core area, in a circle around 6612, 9753). He's running around on a Level 63 Warrior, mentored down to 56, wearing the absolute minimum gear (starter chest/legs/feet/2h), harvesting mobs with some sort of Champ spec (only seeing Champ skills on the meters).

So far, a normal day of bot-watching on Rift.

Then I saw how he was getting from pack to pack. He was porting, with no noticeable animation, up to four jumps done consecutively, with at most a second between each jump, and some of the ports being longer than 35m in distance! Also, I don't see these as "charges-to-mobs", they're simple point-to-point jumps/ports.

I measured his jumps with the Range Finder Gadget, standing on top of him as he finished one pack and ported to the next gathering point, and got these distance sequences:

34.3, 65.3, 87.7
    28.7, 63.9, 103.4
    29.6, 67.0, 103.5
    39.2, 67.3
    38.9, 66.9
    28.4, 36.6, 103.0, 127.1 (if you want to watch this sequence in action, wait for him at 6557, 9645, one of his route-points)

So, what build in Warrior gives you four consecutive jumps? Or is this a pure hack?

Plane Touched

Only RB has any sort of similar teleport ability like the one you describe but it seems like it's just another hacker that Trion does nothing about.

Plane Touched

Default Not Riftwalk

It can't be Riftwalk, as he's teleporting freely across the map, not to any specific mobs.

It's pure packet injection. Trion knows that people do this but they don't know how to stop it. I took this video months ago showing a bot doing it in Kings breach. Trion has banned hundreds of their accounts (can look at leaderboard/monsters killed to see how many there are), but they keep recreating them, generating tens/hundreds of thousands of plat a day.

If one were paying attention to the price of rex and/or price of plat on plat selling sites, it was interesting to see the decrease (or stabilizing) of plat/rex, and increase in $/plat resulting from what appeared to be a banning of a large number of various types of bots.

Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    It can't be Riftwalk, as he's teleporting freely across the map, not to any specific mobs.
    There's also Rift Travel (which is 26 m range though).

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Takatoraa View Post
    It's pure packet injection.
    I'm not saying it isn't packet injection, but if it is then the client/server protocol is badly designed.

You shouldn't be able to inject anything into the traffic that moves the character beyond what is legitimately allowed since the server should always be controlling the character position. The server tells the client where the character is and the client draws the character appropriately.

To try to move, the client sends command X and the server should evaluate it to move position if and only if the command is valid in the current context.

Of course for efficiency the client anticipates that the server will confirm its moves as legitimate but that's why you get rubberbanding sometimes when the server is laggy.

yeah it's a script running besides the game client, seen the same stuff in archeage. Don't know if they solved it there, haven't logged in since I got fed up with the blatant hacking and exploits.
    Warlord Lonwolf, Lord of War - Rogue 65 @ Zaviel
    My Youtube RIFT Recorded Rare mobs collection - Rank1 EU Rare kills Leaderboards - Aug 2013

+ Reply to Thread