+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Autumn Harvest Signets Reduced. Reason?

Default Autumn Harvest Signets Reduced. Reason?

Autumn Harvest lasts 3 weeks, or 21 days.

This year Atrophinius only gives us 1x Autumn Harvest Signet per day (assuming the other close-rift dailies in the rotation give only 1x Autumn Harvest Signet, like today's "Irrigation Regulation"). Is there a reason why it was reduced from last year's 2x?

This basically means that for this year, if you miss more than one day of dailies, you won't be able to obtain any of the 20x Signet items (mount, earrings, costume bundle/etc). Seems a bit tight compared to last year.

Or is there some kind of bug/oversight and the "Irrigation Regulation" daily hasn't been adjusted to last year's 2x Signets reward?

Trion wants you to buy stuff with credits, even by blatantly making things unobtainable otherwise.

It's sad, but Summerfest was in the same boat.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Same reason as previous nerfs... because many people will not be able to do their dailies every day for 21 days, so they will buy with credits instead.
    The artefact vial nerf (only one a day) is done because the AH can't stand the massive artefact overload, but all currencies nerfs are done because the alternative is credits.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Autumn Harvest has traditionally been planned as a 2 week event, that got extended on the fly the last two years to 3 weeks resulting in MUCH more rare currency than was planned. This year the event was scheduled in advance to run for 3 weeks, and the rare currency payout was modified to 1 per day.

This year's item prices were based on the projected 3 week run of 1 per day. There are also bonus signets possible from Minion missions.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There are also bonus signets possible from Minion missions.
    from 10 hours missions of ordinary minions, or only from the missions of the special atrophinius minion sold for credits in the shop?

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

World event minion missions were nerfed into oblivion after Carnival this year. When Summerfest rolled around, they were borderline pointless to run. No guaranteed anything. Everything is RNG, even the missions themselves.

The missions are not a viable source of any rare currency.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

This year's item prices were based on the projected 3 week run of 1 per day. There are also bonus signets possible from Minion missions.
    WHICH minion missions specifically please? Only event themed 10 hr missions? Or any event themed mission?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley393 View Post
    Only event themed 10 hr missions?
    So far i've gotten them from the 10 hour Event themed missions, which i've been quite lucky at and seem to get one every 2 or 3 missions, joys of having lots of aventurine to play shuffle board with

Also completed the Atrophinius chain for the new Minions, not sure does that make a difference in how many 10 hour Event missions show up

I've had a signet from a 6-star 10 hour event mission, but also from a 6-star 15 minute event mission, but that's from lots of run missions so whilst it's possible to get bonus signets don't expect a lot of them.

Soulwalker

Default Seriously?

Another blatant attempt at getting us to spend credits, seems to happening more and more since archonix took over, must be on a commission based salary... Wonder how many of the casual players you've annoyed or players that want tank and dps and want both earrings, oh wait I'll just spend $20 and get them... GG

Autumn Harvest has traditionally been planned as a 2 week event, that got extended on the fly the last two years to 3 weeks resulting in MUCH more rare currency than was planned. This year the event was scheduled in advance to run for 3 weeks, and the rare currency payout was modified to 1 per day.

It's still 7 marks less than last year...
    Guildmaster of Wanderers of Ice and Snow

Do people not have alts? get your alt(s) to do the simple daily of closing two Rifts and depending on how many alts you do it on, you'll be swimming in signets come end of Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Do people not have alts? get your alt(s) to do the simple daily of closing two Rifts and depending on how many alts you do it on, you'll be swimming in signets come end of Festival.
    Signets aren't tradeable. Yes, some of the items on the RIFT Store are Bound to Account, but if anyone misses out on 2 or more days of Autumn Harvest, they basically won't have enough to purchase any of the 20-signet items.

Not everybody plays every day. This is basically forcing players to either do the daily every single day, pay Credits, wait until next year to get enough Signets or just not participate at all.

Plus, there's no more repeatable quests, making Ambersap farming that much harder. It seems with every year, the grind for Autumn Harvest just gets worse and worse.

I don't think "just use alts" is good enough. Someone who starts participating on Day 3 is screwed on the 20x Signets items unless the rng gods save them with some minion-gained Signets. And it doesn't help that an entire shard (Laethys) still doesn't have the tracker displaying.

This and other changes + the multiple bugs for the current event has been pretty disappointing to say the least.
    Last edited by Jonus; 10-24-2015 at 01:37 AM.

Soulwalker

I have to agree that the reduction of these things is disappointing. If my main does the quests everyday, she gets 1 mount.... what about all the other wonderful costumes, dimension items, etc? So I guess I will pick and choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I do have alts, however they are all lowbies, so it's taking a while to find the right kind of rift that day. I'm sitting at tears and/or running around like mad hoping people don't close it before I get there.

cant recall is there a part 2 in the event or just the 4 quests
    Guildmaster of Wanderers of Ice and Snow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast