+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Autumn Harvest Signets Reduced. Reason?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwell View Post

We've got the same thing now with the new crafting recipes too. Grind the dailies for marks. Grind crafting rifts for mats.
    i stopped bothering with the craft dallies cause of how much i need to get all the recipes.
    it took me 1 month or 2 to get the gear upgrade ones when they were put in then i saw that the new stuff has 10+ receipts for each craft skill at the same price as those and was like screw it. i don't even log in everyday anymore. whats the point?
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Telaran

I 'm just ignoriing it...not worth the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    At the start of F2P I was in agreement that Rift was a game that was easy to come back to if you left because it wasn't too difficult to catch back up as the grinds were mainly just effort based. Now, I'm not so sure anymore when there's so much gating (through caps), grinding and overall time investment needed that just keeps piling up with every new major patch. It's extremely unfortunate.
    I brought a couple of friends into the game and they kept leaving because of getting gated on stuff. Its hard to catch up for returning players, while for new people is just demoralizing.

Rewarding effort and making the game more fun and less like a full time job would be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedryne View Post
    As mentioned multiple times in this thread, the main issue players are having is not the total hours of grinding but rather that they have to ensure they can login 20 days without a break and do the quests in order to acquire 1 item.
    Yeah exactly. Also the daily quests for the event are really unimaginitive and don't have a vibe to them. At least with carnival of the ascended you get to whack pinatas and there's a whole festival area where you jump on balloons and are busy, it has an atmosphere to it. Here it's a recycled realm of the fae where you click on some roots or wait for a swarm of bugs to spawn. Then do random rifts in the regular world, and run around to collect 8 things. That's it. It's just really lacking that 'it's an event!' vibe.

> Maybe it would be helpful to everyone and not so destructive for the game if there was a one-per-event quest introduced, rewarding, say, 4-5 signets? (For instance, complete 6 harvest-themed rifts, 6 gloamwood IAs, and [alas, 6 would be probably asking for too much] win 3 halloween-themed BG warfronts? That's without requiring much extra effort to implement.)
    I think this is a great idea. Bigger quest (could even be more quest objectives than this), do more event-related stuff, and a better reward. Do them once a week (like with some other festivals where there is 3x a 'main quest part', one for each week, that gives you the rare currency to get the better stuff. Then you can grind at your own leisure for fluff you want besides that, instead of every day for 20 days to get a single item.

> Or you could simply have the current rift daily in a repeatable format with 21 charges, that would still be an improvement for most... same total signet number - check, playtime flexibility - check.
    Would prefer that over this, but that's still lame tbh. But, solution for those who might struggle to log in 20 days in a row.

Amber sap gain from various rifts (the most I got from the event one was 22, I think) is also disheartening to the point where I'm not sure if I can make myself farm them. In summerfest we at least had the pinatas to smash while waiting in ques, etc.
    Yeah they're not too easily farmed, but I think I'm collecting them at a decent-enough rate. I'll be able to get a big item on one character and then have bunch left for other stuff. Though, not the stuff I care about cause that's all with more signets.. (like, seriously, can't even get an earring and one of the nicer weapon skins on one character)

Oh and another thing, the RNG boxes with masks cost too much signets. Like I'm gonna spend a currency so incredibly limited as it is now, on getting a couple RNG boxes which might give me entirely the wrong stuff or double items. If I read their description correctly, you'd pay 1/7th of possible signets that can be earned in the entire event, for a *single* box that is more likely to drop something you have collected in the previous years than to get a new item from it. No thanks.

General of Telara

I'd have to say as an Autumn Harvest devotee, this has been the most un-fun I've had for this event.

Would of been nice to have seen these "changes" for the AH in the notes or Dev forums. Would be nice to plan around a grind event instead of what was, for the most part, one of the most anticipated fun events of the year.

But then we have seen the direction Trion has been taking for a while now, I just thought it wouldn't bleed into the beloved Autumn Harvest.

Sad to say, it was a slap in the face for the devoted, and confusing time for new players, and all around Grind fest just to be able to get more of what was offered this year.

These events should be light-hearted, fun, and enjoyable, not a state of demoralization. It shouldn't feel like work.
    Last edited by swordkata; 10-26-2015 at 06:10 AM.

Three not-very-fun dailies doesn't feel like a festival to me. Where's the festival feel? Log in, do two rifts, get signet, log off. Repeat for another character. I used to look forward to these things, now it just feels like a chore I have to get out of the way. Like others have said..."what's the point?" I fear what they'll do for the Yule festival.

I get the need to generate revenue through credits, but for those of us (well, me) who really don't have the budget to just dump money whenever for a single reward is heartbreaking. Wrong thread, but I did the math on how much $$ I'd need to spend to do the Callweddi puzzle (if I didn't grind endlessly) and I nearly cried.

Prophet of Telara

Something Trion may want to look at in a way to fix this for upcoming events, is to look at the Fae Yule event for icicles. You do it once a phase for 10 of them. Even if this event was changed to a weekly for 7 signets, it would be far more enjoyable than punching the time clock every day to close two rifts and get ONE signet. I'm another that decided I'm just not doing it. When I log in, I log in to have fun and this simply isn't fun sadly. I was really excited about the event and the items until I participated. When I did, I found out what others have been feeling. There is no Halloween feel AND it feels like a job.

What really sealed this was doing the minion missions as well. After burning 15k adventurine and running nothing but 10 hour missions, I have not gotten a single thing worth anything from the 5-6 star missions. A 5 star 10 hour mission gave 3 cthucken, a single dim item, and 8 ambersap. A 6 star mission gave 2 cthucken, a jack o'lantern mask, a dim item, and 7 ambersap. Are you kidding me? I remember that before I took my six month break, event minion missions and the events were actually fun to participate in. I really hope Fae Yule isn't as poorly changed as this Autumn Harvest.

Shadowlander

A interesting (and sad) point from all this is thats a lot more easy just farm the plat and buy the earrings or the mount from some credit saler then farm the own event lol

But if we do it, we would be doing exactly what they wanna --'

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ramirosan View Post
    A interesting (and sad) point from all this is thats a lot more easy just farm the plat and buy the earrings or the mount from some credit saler then farm the own event lol

But if we do it, we would be doing exactly what they wanna --'
    Technically its not hard to get the earrings from the event, it's actually pretty easy.
    It takes around 10 minutes to finish the signet daily plus the pumpkin daily.
    You get plenty of ambersaps from doing other stuff like closing 10 rifts weekly for PTW on top of any extra crifts you choose to close coz easy plats and **** from the imperishables.

It's just that you will need to log in 20 out of the 21 days for the signet quest. It's easy, it's just gonna take some commitment to at least the signet daily and login everyday.

Anything else other than the earrings are pure 100% fluff. You can be hardcore and do it on multiple characters if you want more fluffs but doesn't want to spend a penny. And yes I did do the signet + pumpkin daily on 2 of my v13 in about 20 minutes per toon...

But yea do your dailies or buy rex.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 10-26-2015 at 08:38 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #70
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I spoke with Archonix this morning, and we have decided to add a quest you will be able to run once during this event to earn 7 Signets. This will allow people that missed a few days or went on vacation for a week to still get one of the big ticket items.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I spoke with Archonix this morning, and we have decided to add a quest you will be able to run once during this event to earn 7 Signets. This will allow people that missed a few days or went on vacation for a week to still get one of the big ticket items.
    Thank you good sir's. And when will this go live?

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #72
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    Thank you good sir's. And when will this go live?
    Unsure. This week if I can get it in today, but my first priority is to finish checking all the fungus spawn points.

The thousands of fungus spawn points...
    (Silverwood is done, going through Freemarch now.)
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 10-26-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

That's some great news, thank you lots!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Snibelsnaps View Post
    So far 1/12 10 missions was an event one only got 13 lesses marks so they are pointless.
    Event AI gives green nightmare boxes that give 6-25 voidstones nothing else, over 40 of them done.
    Daily quests give 1 signet and having 4 potential toons for this gives a maximum of 80 signets,
    so its the wardrobe items or the gear.
    This makes me feel trion is pushing us to get things for credits considering the insane grind
    Thats what happens to games when they go F2P. Everything slowly gets nerfed and the customers end up paying with cash.

Majority of players (according to a pole) said they wanted Rift to go F2P. So whats the problem, you asked for it, you got it!

The new additions are great and the constant attention we get for problems at hand are nice, customer service is 100% awesome.

Its just some things in game will not change. Maybe slightly but in the end we either deal or spin the wheel.
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 10-26-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    That is very good to hear, I'm glad these complaints were heard because it's really bitter to miss out if you miss more than one day. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast