+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why the change to Autumncap Fungi?

General of Telara

Default Why the change to Autumncap Fungi?

It used to be that you would target the spot and then use the temp ability to actually get the fungi. Now the fungi are just laying around but are mostly still in trees that are out of reach.

So now you can't use a targeting macro to find them and if you are lucky enough to see the sparkle of the fungi you still might not be able to reach them.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Because the way it was set up previous was a source of significant server load. Essentially, the previous set up had every single fungus pulsing an aoe ability every .25 seconds to give players the reactive ability. When occurring over the hundreds and hundreds of fungi locations across the world... not good.

So it got rebuilt as a standard collect objective.

There are very likely spots that need to be adjusted to be reachable, but I also just jumped on a live character and collected all 8 fungi for the quest in about 3 minutes without shard hopping or using any dev powers/tools - so the quest is quite doable as it is.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

You must have missed the memo that 3.4 is the jump-o-zilla update. Have you ever tried to hunt artifacts in PTW? Same thing.

Apparently the developers have become concerned that our thumbs are not getting enough exercise.

edit: yikes I cross posted with a developer...I still say its about giving a thumbs a decent workout!
    Last edited by Ethmar; 10-23-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Sword of Telara

I haven't found a single one in Freemarch that's reachable!
    Last edited by Bluejaye; 10-23-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Because the way it was set up previous was a source of significant server load. Essentially, the previous set up had every single fungus pulsing an aoe ability every .25 seconds to give players the reactive ability. When occurring over the hundreds and hundreds of fungi locations across the world... not good.

There are very likely spots that need to be adjusted to be reachable, but I also just jumped on a live character and collected all 8 fungi for the quest in about 3 minutes without shard hopping or using any dev powers/tools - so the quest is quite doable as it is.
    Instead of beeing like: "No, it's totally fine because a chimp flew to the moon!", how about you take those players struggling by the hand to show you and fix those portions?
    If you so have to do live testing content, at least be part of the live testing actively then, ty :x

E: inbe4infraction lol.
    Last edited by Godgrinder; 10-23-2015 at 09:33 AM.

General of Telara

Sorry, but jumping in Rift is not one of its strong suits.

Soulwalker

Whilst I usually would not presume to argue with a dev, the quest is not "quite doable" and in fact the post whilst giving an explanation, does not address the problems the OP mentions. Also adjusting all the spawn spots so they were reachable before putting the patch live, might have been a good idea imho.

Soulwalker

As time passes the unreachable ones high in the tree accumulate and new ones do not spawn. This is a bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvados View Post
    Whilst I usually would not presume to argue with a dev, the quest is not "quite doable" and in fact the post whilst giving an explanation, does not address the problems the OP mentions. Also adjusting all the spawn spots so they were reachable before putting the patch live, might have been a good idea imho.
    testing stuff before it goes live? that's just crazy talk now.

General of Telara

Okay I understand that the old design was not that great, and I'm not a huge fan of reactive abilities anyway...
    but may I ask why you didn't just give us a usable quest item instead? That way we still would have the ability to reach those fungi.

And just for the record, I gave up finding a reachable one in freemarch too, maybe I'll try other zones, but this is really a lot more frustrating that it should be.

Tons of Fungi at ground level in Stonefield around that Titan's Rest place where the trolls hang out.

Just don't rely on the old method of /tar Atumncap or /tar anything, it doesn't work anymore, use your eyes
    Last edited by Slipmat; 10-23-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Shield of Telara

This quest is now terrible. So the dev that found the 8 locations, can you please tell me where they are so I can complete it?

Because I can not find any in Freemarch that I can jump to.
    Last edited by Manasha; 10-23-2015 at 10:34 AM.

autumn eyes potion "item currently unusable.

Cannot pick up fungi - even though I can see it...

not sure what else to say about this...

Most of the locations in the reliable zones we used to hunt are no longer feasible. Don't bother trying in Silverwood or Freemarch. This begs the question why it still says "all zones except blahblahblah" when really it's only a few parts of a few zones. They should just remove the autumncap from the starting zones rather than let them sit around, so close but so far. Really awful design decision there.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Although I don't care for the changes at all, I did find my fungi fairly easy, I found 2 in overwatch keep then I shard hopped until I had 8.
    If the internet is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast