+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why the change to Autumncap Fungi?

Plane Touched

There are a bunch in stonefield around the falls area that are reachable with just normal jumping (like on the rocks in the middle of the lake).

even if you get the fungi...and get a potion - I cannot get the potion to actually do anything...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    even if you get the fungi...and get a potion - I cannot get the potion to actually do anything...
    According to Tacitus (in one of the other threads on this topic) just save the potions until next hotfix, they will then be usable.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Because the way it was set up previous was a source of significant server load. Essentially, the previous set up had every single fungus pulsing an aoe ability every .25 seconds to give players the reactive ability. When occurring over the hundreds and hundreds of fungi locations across the world... not good.
    While this does seem like a reasonable excuse, why has this not been a issue in the past? This is what the fourth or fifth year of this quest? Should this have not been an issue when the quest was first introduced? Back then there were a lot more people playing the game, so I would think now it should be less of an issue.

oh 3 min uh? have you tried it while everyone is switching shard to try to get the few ones that are in reach? Pretty sure the time will grow higher.

Shield of Telara

Well, I do not care about the vial I just want the currency. This is just too much work. I rather spam the pumpkin quest on my hoard of alts and move currency, so I am not gonna bother with this fungi junk. Just waiting for the day when they take the ability away to move in-game event currency. Sure it will happen, they take all the good stuff away eventually!
    Last edited by Manasha; 10-23-2015 at 11:16 AM.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amielle View Post
    oh 3 min uh? have you tried it while everyone is switching shard to try to get the few ones that are in reach? Pretty sure the time will grow higher.
    The previous suggestion of Stonefield is a good one.

Just tried it there on Wolfsbane, no shard hopping again, got all 8 in under 90 seconds. Just saying the quest IS doable right now.

I am making an audit of all the spawns today to get in next week's patch. I would suggest avoiding Silverwood for doing this quest as it seems to have the most in trees.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

So let's scrap meridian? (and possibly silverwood) but thx for taking the time to check it out, cause most of them in starter zone are unreachables.
    Last edited by Amielle; 10-23-2015 at 11:27 AM.

General of Telara

Okay stonefield worked quite well for me, a guildie said droughtland works well too.
    You really just need to choose a zone where the fungi grow mostly on rocks rather than trees, so don't bother with freemarch and silverwood, >90% unreachable there.

But you still need to know it first, and has apparently never been tested before going live...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvados View Post
    Whilst I usually would not presume to argue with a dev, the quest is not "quite doable"
    The quest is insanely easy. The game doesn't point you to the solution though, people go search in Freemarch. The quest was always crappy to do in Freemarch cause everyone was running around there. So jump to Stonefield, they're all over the rocks. It took me maybe 2 minutes to complete the quest, then did it on another character, same thing. Just don't stare blindly on being in Freemarch, there are faerie rings in other zones, there are fungi in other zones.

and in fact the post whilst giving an explanation, does not address the problems the OP mentions. Also adjusting all the spawn spots so they were reachable before putting the patch live, might have been a good idea imho.
    OP's problem seems to be not looking properly. I miss them sometimes in Freemarch, but visit some other zones and they blatantly stand out. Don't need a pulsing aoe and whatnot to find them, really. I totally agree that adjusting spawns should've been fixed, cause 99% of players do not read a thing and just derp around in one zone without trying anything else. So naturally they will conclude that stuff isn't working and will be frustrated.

I'd say changes like these, also the whole dire corruption thing, is something that would be nice to communicate in the welcome window. Though I read that it somehow takes ages to update that for some reason. And even then, people won't read it, they don't read motd either. So the best thing to do is ensure that stuff works and is doable, not floating in trees people can't reach. Seriously with the amount of stuff that tends to go wrong with events like these, it boggles me why no one is saying 'hey, let's check over everything before we launch the thing. let's see what went wrong in the past and maybe try to prevent it'

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The previous suggestion of Stonefield is a good one.

Just tried it there on Wolfsbane, no shard hopping again, got all 8 in under 90 seconds. Just saying the quest IS doable right now.

I am making an audit of all the spawns today to get in next week's patch. I would suggest avoiding Silverwood for doing this quest as it seems to have the most in trees.
    After just dismissing the initial comment, you then say that there was a good suggestion here, and that those who know won't get frustrated.

Probably more people will use what they know from previous year, or Google and some external site, and the recomendations they'll find will leave them frustrated with fungi in the trees that they can see, but not get to.

I find more and more of that attitude from the dev tam on these forums: those who know can have fun, so those who complain about not having fun are just wrong.

I've been defending the team for years in game and on external forums because yeah, any software has bugs, it happens, but when it comes to design at leat Trion is listening and acting on things that are no fun to improve the client's experience. I'm so sad to be proven wrong.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Protip: Shardhopping. If you find one, you'll likely find at least a few more in the same spot on the other servers.

However, I question the decision to put them really high up on some trees for example in Gloamwood. No way to get to them there.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mazoga View Post
    The quest is insanely easy. The game doesn't point you to the solution though, people go search in Freemarch. The quest was always crappy to do in Freemarch cause everyone was running around there. So jump to Stonefield, they're all over the rocks. It took me maybe 2 minutes to complete the quest, then did it on another character, same thing. Just don't stare blindly on being in Freemarch, there are faerie rings in other zones, there are fungi in other zones.

OP's problem seems to be not looking properly. I miss them sometimes in Freemarch, but visit some other zones and they blatantly stand out. Don't need a pulsing aoe and whatnot to find them, really. I totally agree that adjusting spawns should've been fixed, cause 99% of players do not read a thing and just derp around in one zone without trying anything else. So naturally they will conclude that stuff isn't working and will be frustrated.

I'd say changes like these, also the whole dire corruption thing, is something that would be nice to communicate in the welcome window. Though I read that it somehow takes ages to update that for some reason. And even then, people won't read it, they don't read motd either. So the best thing to do is ensure that stuff works and is doable, not floating in trees people can't reach. Seriously with the amount of stuff that tends to go wrong with events like these, it boggles me why no one is saying 'hey, let's check over everything before we launch the thing. let's see what went wrong in the past and maybe try to prevent it'
    i'm calling bull on this
    i'll put $10 a Asian guild could not clear those areas of all the fungus spots cause they are 1/2 an inch higher than and land you can find. and i found 5 fungus spots in freemarch that are like this. just go there and look you'll find them cause NO ONE CAN GET THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't mean to be angry but after spending an hour on trying to get some of the unreachable items it gets frustrating.
    could you guys please look into a fix for the problem.
    it is nice your trying to work on some of the lag though and thanks
    Last edited by nessis; 10-23-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvados View Post
    Whilst I usually would not presume to argue with a dev, the quest is not "quite doable" and in fact the post whilst giving an explanation, does not address the problems the OP mentions. Also adjusting all the spawn spots so they were reachable before putting the patch live, might have been a good idea imho.
    Glad you said it, because I came here expressly to do so. I'm not even sure they test these things before setting them loose, and then having to backtrack seems counterproductive to me. Why not make sure they work first before having to "fix" them?

I guess it's easier to hope it works and apologize when it doesn't than to put in the work and make sure it's functioning ahead of time. Path of least resistance, indeed.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Managed to get all 8 in about 15m. Some in the trees ( which I was able to climb ) some on the ground by the trees / rocks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast