+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Canyon dungeon, take it out of the random queue or nerf it

Rift Chaser

Default Canyon dungeon, take it out of the random queue or nerf it

Three times I queued for a random expert today and three times I got the canyon dungeon.

Now I've already done the whole thing several times with both guild groups and the occasional pug so I already know how tough it is.

So why is it in the random queue when the first boss needs an imba ae healer (quite a few healers don't even run an ae spec) as well as heavy ae dps?

As tank, I don't like to quit on groups so I'll always give it a go, but it usually ends in tears or rage quits.

By all means lets have a tough dungeon for people like me who already have good gear, but please take it out of the random queue. It just wastes everyone's time. Especially as random and specific gets mixed together. Twice I've had a dps complain as things fall apart that they queued specific and waited a long time only to get a hopeless pug.

There should be an option to downvote 1-2 Dungeons/Maps for Experts and Warfronts, to remove the most hated from the RNG pool. Like it is now, the new Dungeon is actually nice, but not with a RNG group. Same goes for the new hyped Warfront, that can be exploited to force a tie which waste a lot of time for everyone involved. Both are a major pain in the a...
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Given the requirements for this "expert", the rewards seem pretty bad. Fresh 65s queue for expert dungeons to get 125 hit gear, but if they don't already have at the very least a good mixture of expert and T1 gear, they simply won't complete the dungeon (unless they queue with guildies or other people who have better gear and knowledge about the mechanics). Sure, if you're dps perhaps, it'll just take longer, but I doubt many healers and tanks that still don't even have a full expert set will make it through.

I have still only killed the first three bosses, because I don't need the gear and I only queue to get rid of charges which I want to do as quickly and smoothly as possible. The few times this dungeon has popped when solo queued, the group has always disbanded because the tank had too low health, the healer couldn't keep up or the dps was too inexperienced or a combo of them all. So yeah... not a great dungeon for fast clearing with a random group.
    Last edited by DeLivia; 10-22-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Given the requirements for this "expert", the rewards seem pretty bad. Fresh 65s queue for expert dungeons to get 125 hit gear, but if they don't already have at the very least a good mixture of expert and T1 gear, they simply won't complete the dungeon (unless they queue with guildies or other people who have better gear and knowledge about the mechanics). Sure, if you're dps perhaps, it'll just take longer, but I doubt many healers and tanks that still don't even have a full expert set will make it through.
    It's doable with good expert level gear (yes, even with an expert geared tank and healer) and good communication. Not all callings will be able to tank or heal it, but it can be done. You're right in that weaker random pug groups will have no chance though.

The 125 hit gear you get from this dungeon is T1 level in stats, especially when upgraded.

This dungeon is great, but it really should have been relabeled as master mode.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 10-23-2015 at 07:08 AM.

I was lazy and didn't read all the other posts or any of it, just the title of the topic.

All I'm gonna say, there is no need for any of this, reason: No debuff, just reque.
    Last edited by Latan; 10-23-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Latan View Post
    I was lazy and didn't read all the other posts or any of it, just the title of the topic.

All I'm gonna say, there is no need for any of this, reason: No debuff, just reque.
    Except that then the people that did queue for it specifically are stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwell View Post
    Except that then the people that did queue for it specifically are stuffed.
    Well, they didn't get a debuff, nothing is stopping them from leaving, and going back in the que for specific dungeon.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Latan View Post
    Well, they didn't get a debuff, nothing is stopping them from leaving, and going back in the que for specific dungeon.
    Except you may well have been waiting a long time in the queue already, so seems a little unfair if you get paired with randoms who don't want to or can't do it.

Plane Walker

This is probably the easiest expert there is.. nerf lol if anything buff it

General of Telara

sure, you can requeue, i remember when i tried that, was maybe few days this dung was released, 1 healer refused 3 times to do that dung, after added me to ignore to not get me for that dung, after second refused 2 times, so i had look for people in chat, since dung was fairly new, i got people, now i don't see people recruiting for it, so even in chat would be harder make group for it. So i'm for taking this dung out of queue

Quote Originally Posted by Missyshamble View Post
    This is probably the easiest expert there is.. nerf lol if anything buff it
    I think you are missing the point of this thread.

The OP isn't calling for a nerf because he/she can't do the dungeon.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 10-23-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Rift Chaser

I just want them to fix it so that when you get it as a random queue you actually get the horror/madness marks from completion...

Along with Rhen of Fate Chronicle...

Plane Walker

Part of it being random experts, is you may get back to back same instances.. meh.. even if you got 7 of the same instance.. so.. your tired of it.. or you luck stinks.. lol.. re-cue.. till you get one that is one you want..

There's another reason I don't do this one except by special requests of guild mates and that's because it consumes a random NTE charge when you complete it but does not give you the associated marks, i.e. it's tougher and longer than all the other NTEs and gives no reason for someone who's only there for marks to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    it consumes a random NTE charge when you complete it but does not give you the associated marks
    This, for me, would be the only reason to remove it from the random queue (though I'd rather have it fixed).

It's not a hard dungeon. Maybe it's more in the line of a 'master dungeon', because it actually requires people to pay attention to mechanics and play a half-decent spec. Maybe up the hit requirement to 1200. If anyone gets that much hit, you at least have to assume they intend to do more than just run randoms.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast