+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Canyon dungeon, take it out of the random queue or nerf it

Shadowlander

Well, designing this masterpiece devs blatantly forgot that NTE are not only run by 1200+ ppl but also by players who just dinged 65 and scrapped for 800.
    Plus, it doesn't give marks. Like Rhen of Fate chronicle. It is nonsense.

The new ZE bosses are overtuned. Compare them to regular ZE bosses. I know some 1300+ players will yell - leave it like that.

But one thing I learnt from this game is - while players are always QQing for more challenge they always go for efficiency. You give them hard dungeon - they do it twice and go back to easy. You give them hard boss - they do it once and go to easy. You give them hard class - they choose the one that gives more result at less management.

Anyway, I still wonder why ppl play this game with such glaring omissions.

Quote Originally Posted by gutfang View Post
    Well, designing this masterpiece devs blatantly forgot that NTE are not only run by 1200+ ppl but also by players who just dinged 65 and scrapped for 800.
    Plus, it doesn't give marks. Like Rhen of Fate chronicle. It is nonsense.

The new ZE bosses are overtuned. Compare them to regular ZE bosses. I know some 1300+ players will yell - leave it like that.

But one thing I learnt from this game is - while players are always QQing for more challenge they always go for efficiency. You give them hard dungeon - they do it twice and go back to easy. You give them hard boss - they do it once and go to easy. You give them hard class - they choose the one that gives more result at less management.

Anyway, I still wonder why ppl play this game with such glaring omissions.
    i heard in other posts saying that infact you can run this dungeon with 800 hit, refer back the post in dungeon and raid section. And the new ze boss is fine as it is, u just need a tank to tank it thts all. If its one shoting you like it did to me the first time i did it, think again on how it wont 1 shot u by change to tank.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Given it doesn't give marks it should be removed from the queue. It is that simple - most people run for the marks. Trion can random it in again once the mark issue is fixed. Till then I will skip it every time it pops.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    i heard in other posts saying that infact you can run this dungeon with 800 hit, refer back the post in dungeon and raid section. And the new ze boss is fine as it is, u just need a tank to tank it thts all. If its one shoting you like it did to me the first time i did it, think again on how it wont 1 shot u by change to tank.
    yes, i saw, healer was 800 hit, Apo did it with defiler and tank going in dps gear, but Apo was with T2 gear, and probably best runes, orbs etc, so i didn't took that as good example, as i don't take that primalist, cause i bet tank was way above T1. When there will be group clearing it with 800-900 hit all of them, with basic-medium runes, average essences and such, then i believe it's ok to be in random, but not statements, when people geared in T2 clear it without problem and carry someone.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    It's not a hard dungeon. Maybe it's more in the line of a 'master dungeon', because it actually requires people to pay attention to mechanics and play a half-decent spec.
    Exactly this.
    How can Trion ask people to play a decent spec when it says put your souls together as you feel like and even more they also ask for an AOE Spec, NO WAY.
    Then the mechanics , come on really mechanics this is NOT acceptable.
    Everything needs to be able to do half afk and with one hand and give shiny relics and for sure it has to be for free.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    Exactly this.
    How can Trion ask people to play a decent spec when it says put your souls together as you feel like and even more they also ask for an AOE Spec, NO WAY.
    Then the mechanics , come on really mechanics this is NOT acceptable.
    Everything needs to be able to do half afk and with one hand and give shiny relics and for sure it has to be for free.
    The first time I went in there, was with a full guild group who were in mostly T2 gear.

On the first boss, I was tanking, all three DPS went full AOE specs and the healer was a purifier who was also dropping in firewalls.

Each of the three DPS were holding a steady 200-225K dps, I was doing around 40-50K as the tank and the purifier's firewalls were adding another 40-50K. That's 680-775K party DPS, let's say it averaged at 725K, but the fight still took a number of minutes to complete.

Clearly, freshly dinged lvl65's in greens / crafted / IA gear, mediocre essences, lacking runes and orbs, won't be able to pull anywhere near those numbers. A tank geared like that won't survive it for long and, even if he does, because the DPS cannot kill the adds quickly enough, the healer might not be able to cope with the incoming party damage and/or run out of mana.

I'm all for encouraging players to have proper specs and so on but this first boss will just wipe fresh 65's over and over. Heck, didn't Trion themselves say it was really designed for fresh 65's in a stream or something?

Anyway, all that is moot. Until and unless Trion fix the dungeon so that it gives marks when you complete it, I won't run it when it turns up as my random NTE.

Ran it last night on my primalist, had 0 problems. Well, did have 1 wipe the reason for it was I broke LOS with the healer on trash.

My gf was top DPS with with her primalist at 1100 hit, the other people were geared tops 1k hit.

All I had to do is explain fights, everyone followed the explanation, ran smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Latan View Post
    My gf was top DPS with with her primalist at 1100 hit, the other people were geared tops 1k hit.
    So, not freshly dinged 65's in 800 hit gear then...

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    So, not freshly dinged 65's in 800 hit gear then...
    Close enough, u can get 1k hit in 1 day, crafted gear, crafted weapons, pvp gear.

Everything gives u hit easily these days.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    There's another reason I don't do this one except by special requests of guild mates and that's because it consumes a random NTE charge when you complete it but does not give you the associated marks, i.e. it's tougher and longer than all the other NTEs and gives no reason for someone who's only there for marks to do it.
    This is only partially correct.

it does NOT take a dungeon charge, but it also does not reward marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    This is only partially correct.

it does NOT take a dungeon charge, but it also does not reward marks.
    Sorry, but what I said was entirely correct. I ran that NTE on 10th October and when it completed one of my random NTE charges was consumed but I was awarded no marks. I filed a GM ticket about this and here's the response I got from a GM on 14th October...
    Hello !

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for the delay in responding to you. After searching through logs we determined that you were eligible for missing rewards. I have added the 400x Abyssal Crusader's Marks, 50x Fragments of Horror and 80 Fragments of Madness to your character. Please be aware this will not include any bonuses from potions or Patron status, as we are unable to manually adjust the amount for these bonuses. I am sorry for the inconvenience and good luck in RIFT.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 384140

Sincerely,

GM Tythorius

Trion Worlds Inc
    Why would the GM award me the marks if an NTE charge had not been consumed?

Rift Chaser

Because you asked for the reward.

You did indeed run the dungeon and you should have gotten marks.

But if you paid attention you would have noticed that you did not use a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    But if you paid attention you would have noticed that you did not use a charge.
    I paid attention. That's why I know it took a charge. If it hadn't, I would have just run another dungeon for the marks and not bothered with the ticket. Also, if it hadn't used one of my charges, the GM would not have granted me the marks because otherwise you could open tickets for dungeons you ran without charges and ask for marks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2