+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Autumn Harvest

Default to manasha

Its the actual event thats broken nothing is working except being able to gather the six pumpkins but nowhere to hand them in, there are some sweet earings and new plushies pets etc and 2 new mounts
    Hugs and Cookies

I was thinking about coming back to play during Autumn Harvest but everything seems to be far more buggy than usual lately...

Gamebreaking class bugs, crippling UI bugs, the entire event just plain not working.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Rift Master

I thought the event doesn't start until 3:00 PM server today (US, don't know Europe). I know in the past, they've added things like minions ahead of time because their system forces them to add those with hotfixes, rather than dynamically turning them on, but world even quests, etc. normally don't get activated till the actual event is happening.

nothing work, great because I don't have time today for game ...
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu'@Typhiria

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Ok, the TLDR summary (more verbosity to follow):

We are unable to spin up the instance event manually.
    We are making a server side only patch right now to fix the situation.
    I do not have an ETA yet, but it will be a number of hours.
    I will update once we have an ETA.
    We will be extending the event by a day.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Promised verbosity:

Autumn Harvest is an unusual world event in that it uses a special copy of an instance map as its hub. Instance maps are not controlled the same way as open world maps, so this requires some special set up behind the scenes. This year, the dates scheduled for the instance were off, and as a result, the hub is not active on time. Normally, we would use our in game tools to just manually launch the event, but the unique nature of the AH hub made that not an option for technical reasons.

That leaves patching as the only option. That patch is *tentatively* scheduled for 6:00pm Pacific Time tonight for EU (I am sure some helpful person can convert that to GMT) and 7:30am PST tomorrow morning for North America. It is a server only patch, so down time should be minimal.

To make up for the lost time, we will be extending the event by a day to November, Friday the 13th (spooky!). *edit*: Please note that the end date shown in the Event window will not reflect the extended time until next week's patch.

I will disable the portals into the instance momentarily until the patch goes out.

*edit* too EU patch time. I misheard as I ran around with my shoes on fire.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 10-22-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

3:00am CEST for EU ofc
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 10-22-2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: to update my initial incorrect time

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by Discobear View Post
    3:00am CEST for EU ofc
    Thank you very much.

All Faerie Rings should now be disabled until the patch as well to avoid anyone being trapped in the Faer Realms...
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 10-22-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Normally, we would use our in game tools to just manually launch the event, but the unique nature of the AH hub made that not an option for technical reasons.
    Gah, took me 3 reads before I got it through my thick skull to stop asking myself, "What does the Auction House have to do with the fest?"

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lilacia View Post
    Its the actual event thats broken nothing is working except being able to gather the six pumpkins but nowhere to hand them in, there are some sweet earings and new plushies pets etc and 2 new mounts
    Yeah we have the store stuff already, just the quests haven't kicked in for us. Got an army of plushies already and no dimension key, even after 30k credits spent on those dim boxes >.> I think my RNG is broken =(

My main concern was the minions and if they are working properly, if the special minion adventures are giving event items and currency.
    Last edited by Manasha; 10-22-2015 at 11:03 AM.

since I have Soul Recall on CD guess I'm going to get drunk and beat Iliescu and Basescu to death. got another 45 minutes, plenty of time
    Your best friend is the guy when you show up at his house at 3 a.m. with a dead body, he doesn't say a word, just grabs a shovel and follows you

Default The Ironclad Nightmare

Just got one for 1215 credits and got it only for 1 character... aren't the store bought premium mounts supposed to be aplied to all characters, if not i would like a refund.
    Guildmaster of Wanderers of Ice and Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Snibelsnaps View Post
    Just got one for 1215 credits and got it only for 1 character... aren't the store bought premium mounts supposed to be aplied to all characters, if not i would like a refund.
    They will not be for all characters unless it explicitly says so in their tooltip.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

" If you didnít manage to pick up an Armored Nightmare last year then youíre in luck! The Ironclad Nightmare shares the same appearance and is available for Autumn Harvest Signets or Credits. Unlocking for a single character, this foreboding steed scales to the speed of your fastest mount." - Patch Notes

Besides that, the mount is not premium store mount. You can buy it with event currency.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30

The only purchased mounts granted to all characters are the ones that only have a credits price and are not available through other means (such as event currency). Such mounts also state in their description "Applied automatically to all characters on your account once purchased."

The Ironclad Nightmare is also purchasable with Autumn Harvest Signets (the event currency) and its description makes no statement about unlocking across all characters.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast