Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dough needed for survival skill

Seriously the attitude. You were given all the answers you needed for your questions, then someone else tries to be helpful and spends their time to give you some links that might help you with any future questions, just so you can have more resources at your disposal. And then you act like this

Please provide your character name so I know who to troll.

Rift Disciple

That is what they are trying to help you with. Lower level toons do make less money than higher level toons. But to a higher level toon silver is much like a grain of sand is to a beach. Silver is very little money compared to the plat needed at the higher level training. But if its a lower level toon the higher recipes product won't be usable anyway until that toon catches up to that product.

As for speed it can be subjective to how much money you have. The Rift Store mats are extremely cheap so that really isn't much of a factor. If you have to farm every single farmable mat necessary for leveling then it can take some time. But if you have a decent amount of money(relative) then you can just go to the AH and buy the mats and you can level extremely quick. On more than one toon for more than skill I have leveled up from 1-375 in about 15 minutes.

The trick I use is watch your crafting window. As someone mentioned, you'll want to craft the orange items. To save on money only buy enough to craft enough to gain the few skill points you need. I function on 5 skill point increments and fine tune it from there. Watch the current recipe and make that item until it turns yellow. Stop crafting and try to train for new recipes. If new recipes are available(and they should be if the highest recipe turned yellow) and then buy the limited supply of the new mats required and try for another 5 levels or until that recipe is yellow. I'll put it in a different format below.

1. Craft orange recipe until it turns yellow
    2. train all new available recipes
    3. go to step 1

Survival is a bit different than other skills though especially at lower levels which I think are 1-275. There are occasions where you will be better off training your skills and if there doesn't seem to be a good next orange one to craft then you need to speak with the nearby vendor that will sell you additional recipes. Find the recipe(s) that are at the top level of what you can craft and buy them and check your crafting window again and see if you have a good orange recipe to craft to gain you more skill points. To buy those recipes you'll need its the appropriate crafting marks it specifies. I do believe there is a crafting daily/weekly npc relatively close that you normally would only be able to do once that day/week. But if you break into the next tier of crafting daily/weeklies it will allow you pick up those new quests and get more crafting marks. Wisely judge which recipe you can buy that will only get you the skill ups and don't buy any other recipe that isn't going to help in that as the crafting marks are going to be limited when leveling fast. Any recipes that require crafting marks were intended to take weeks of doing daily/weekly crafting quests to gain enough marks to buy all of the recipes. Once you get your skill up then you can get down to grinding the crafting quests to get the necessary crafting marks to buy all those recipes you couldn't while leveling up.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    The name is Lyn, not pottery. I don't spoon feed folks as I feel that is demeaning.

I am sorry you feel exercising a little self help is beyond your efforts. However, playing in Rift really is about self-helping. You help yourself along by exploring, trying and doing.
    I absolutely agree. To be honest, I go to the bottom of page one and didn't see more pages before replying with my post. If I had seen the rest of the posts that didn't appreciate the help that was given I wouldn't have bothered.

I have seen in game and in the forums where people don't want to spend an ounce of effort or time to try and figure it out themselves. I have seen it multiple times where people will ask for help, even for days, for something such as a npc that was the same npc or one 30m away or not bother to read the quest that gave them the answer they were asking about etc. It always irks me when people would rather waste 24hrs+ to find out something that they could have found out on their own with 5 minutes of limited effort.

I have seen people leave guild because we wouldn't group with them and do their leveling for them. I have found that if there is spare time people will always stop what they are doing and help people that are genuinely in need of help. If a player is leveling/questing and find a mob that is killing them over and over and they can just about be guaranteed that someone with help them. If the player wants someone to help them kill every mob from level 1 to 65 then people tend to ignore and avoid helping them. For the most part, leveling and questing and crafting is intended to be solo play with some occasional exceptions.

Not to necro an old thread . . . but thanks to everyone who gave such helpful answers to the OP. I actually found this thread by doing a google search on where to find dough (I knew you could just buy it, but wanted to know if you could also forage or craft it) -- and as a bonus I found more info here on using and improving crafting skills than on the various guide pages I'd looked at.

Soulwalker

Default Crafting guide

http://pwniversity.com/rift/professions/survival-guide I use crafting guides as a help. Ok i wonder off a lot, but who cares?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3