Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dough needed for survival skill

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Badboyskin5000 View Post
    seriously cant believe i need 13 of the triple icon silver coin just to train for a basic skill!

this is exactly why i thought there'd be a basic trainer available to help "up" the skill level faster!

all i want to do is learn how to make a camp and cook food etc! ......

this is going to take ages! lol
    ...welcome to crafting in MMOs.

Soulwalker

Default so......

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    no, it should be it
    who would you say the survival trainer is......?

I think you might find this particular wiki link of help. http://riftraidguides.com/

and you can also check these out as well: http://riftgrate.com/
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/
    Last edited by lynspottery; 10-19-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Default thanks pottery

but i prefer talking to people and getting informative info then and there rather than searching for info. but, if that page you suggested had the survival info on the first page or merely click away then it would of been of some help

but i prefer talking to people and getting informative info then and there rather than searching for info. but, if that page you suggested had the survival info on the first page or merely click away then it would of been of some help
    You can use ingame chat for it too you know, you'd probably have gotten a waypoint from someone. Or just walk around Sanctum and look for the crafting area, everything is there, it's not all that complicated. If I recall correctly there are even some npc's that you can ask for some directions. I have no idea what they point you to though, I've never used them. But sometimes I misclick on the wrong person at the porticulum in Meridian and the 'show me where to find' dialogue comes up.

As for people giving you links that contain incredible amounts of information about the game, where all you have to do is click on stuff that points to the information you need atm, and you dismissing that because you don't want to do a search or click a few times more... damn that's lazy.

Lastly, level a little bit and do some quests and you will find out that the little bits of coin for the recipes really isn't that much. You're gonna have a heart attack at 65 with planar crafting if you compare it to this.

Soulwalker

Default lazy < lol

fact is, im all about "productivity - meaning i'd prefer to find someone who shares the same genuine passion for the game and is eager to chat about it as well as being happy to give good informative gaming advise........as a pose to myself spending ages on a webpage "looking for something" that someone could tell me about in seconds! < not lazy, but more being pro-active and productive.

;).

Ascendant

fact is, im all about "productivity - meaning i'd prefer to find someone who shares the same genuine passion for the game and is eager to chat about it as well as being happy to give good informative gaming advise........as a pose to myself spending ages on a webpage "looking for something" that someone could tell me about in seconds! < not lazy, but more being pro-active and productive.

;).
    Truth is, the way you dismissed Lynspottery's answer in your post made me glad I had forgotten to click on 'enter' when I put some links in a response several hours ago myself... Someone goes out of their way to find links and post them for you, you should just thank them for taking the time - no but's.

I'm probably old-fashioned, or ancient, but that's no way to treat someone who genuinely tries to help. And yes, I know, we don't need to share that opinion .

The 'triple silver' you're talking about is platinum, or 'plat' as it's called in game. If you take some time to quest, play the game, do some IA's (instant adventures) you'll find you'll accumulate it in a reasonable rate, like Mazoga posted (and be sure to have a medic at hand when you reach Choreburg/lvl 65 and planar crafting indeed... one recipe, 3500 AM, 875 MM and 265 GMM ... rinse and repeat dozens of times, and the mats needed...).

Enjoy the game, there's a lot to enjoy about it (but that's just my opinion of course)

Soulwalker

Default if none of you like......

the way i operate or my views or opinions......stop replying to my bloody posts! lol < bottom line! lol

i only read the first line or so of your message so the time and effort it took to type was wasted - time better spent moaning at someone who actually give a damn what "others think" < co i dont

The name is Lyn, not pottery. I don't spoon feed folks as I feel that is demeaning.

I am sorry you feel exercising a little self help is beyond your efforts. However, playing in Rift really is about self-helping. You help yourself along by exploring, trying and doing.

It is amazing when you find something without someone else's help. However, as others have pointed out, chat in-game and ask questions of other players. Some will be helpful, some not so much...but most will be happy to help you out.

Soulwalker

Default now thats....

well that message was a bit better ;)

dispite the "self-help" comment lol

p.s if you knew me in real life, you'd know theres no point trying to argue with me about something - co ive no interest in "time wasting argument" due to that being a totally emotional waste of my time

im more about "facts" - i.e which was my point exactly about the link i was presented with - ive no interest in browsing a site full of random info which could take god known how long to browse before i actually find what it is i actually want!

i prefer to talk to someone.

anyway, as for the ingame chat area < tried it, no people very rarey reply.

in addition, thats all from me......happy gaming ;)

General of Telara

so you better waste someone else time than waste yours? good to know, next time i will not bother

Soulwalker

Default couldnt resist this......lol

i look forward to you not bothering.

p.s i dont actually recall requesting your help personally anyway - i posted asking for help in general.....no one put a knife to ya throat and make ya help

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down

just wow ... I soo do not wish to help this person ... what an ungrateful attitude, and he is proud of it aswell ...

Plane Touched

Default Hmm

My Ignore list just increased by one.

Here's a guide on levelling professions: http://pwniversity.com/rift/professions

Here's a guide on farming materials for professions: http://pwniversity.com/rift/farming

Have fun.

I dare say you're on your own from here on out.
    Last edited by Narielia; 10-19-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast