+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dance Partner puts surrounding players into combat

Default Dance Partner puts surrounding players into combat

The Dance Partner (Female Bahmi Celebrant) appears to be putting surrounding players of the opposite faction to the player that summoned it into combat. A number of times today, whilst stood in Margle Palace, my characters have been put into combat and the 'enemy' is one of these dance partners. The aura for this 'in-combat' is extremely long - I had to zone to Choreburg to get out of it. I've now missed a couple of warfront pops and was unable to join a CQ due to being in combat with one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    The Dance Partner (Female Bahmi Celebrant) appears to be putting surrounding players of the opposite faction to the player that summoned it into combat. A number of times today, whilst stood in Margle Palace, my characters have been put into combat and the 'enemy' is one of these dance partners. The aura for this 'in-combat' is extremely long - I had to zone to Choreburg to get out of it. I've now missed a couple of warfront pops and was unable to join a CQ due to being in combat with one of these.
    Same thing was happening in Tempest Bay earlier this morning - someone spawned one in the crafting hall and I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was suddenly in combat.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Same thing was happening in Tempest Bay earlier this morning - someone spawned one in the crafting hall and I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was suddenly in combat.
    Yep, saw the same...

Ascendant

I think this is because Rift has no way to force a player to auto target a character... but combat is forced on from out of combat with nothing targeted will force the player clients to auto target the source of the aggressor.

It seems like a "workarounds" to make players target it when spawn... like how Trion put down countless of invisible npcs to "talk" to players when there's no other characters around.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Yeah, I got caught in that (assuming you're on Faebilght). I was riding from the crafting hall bank to the mailbox and was suddenly in combat but I had no target to tell me what put me in combat; although I did assume it was the dancer someone had spawned since that was the only "anomaly" around.
    Nazzir@Faeblight
    <Shadetouched>

Has anyone bothered to see if the dancing partners fight each other? You know, a Guardian spawns one and then a Defiant spawns one right next to it...maybe get a Bahmi cat fight started?

Rowr! Rowr! Kitty has claws.

LOL!

I stuck mine in a dimension... she now dances for Nico, who seems very happy to have company.

I Rift, therefore I am.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Thanks for the heads up!

We've gone ahead and disabled the ability to spawn these (including those gained from artifact rewards) out in the open world. We have a fix that will be deployed in next weeks hotfix.

You'll still be able to claim them, and place them in Dimensions, but the dance parties out in the Wilds will need to be postponed for the time being.

Glad this thread popped up.... I didn't know what on earth was going on!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Shadowlander

How do I summon that dance partner? I used the item that showed a small yellow circle, clicking it I just got a red text 'Ability disabled' and on any further tries 'invalid ... status'.

Same for both male and female. What I am doing wrong?

Look up. A dev said they disabled it for the time being.
    Serale@Faeblight

After reading everything, I just threw it away.
    It's also a reward for various artifact collections...
    Sure would have liked a useable item...

Featherrock

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    I stuck mine in a dimension... she now dances for Nico, who seems very happy to have company.

Yup, same. She really makes my tavern come alive. Nico, a Defiant guard, Orphiel Farwind and a gump don't really make a party.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Yup, same. She really makes my tavern come alive. Nico, a Defiant guard, Orphiel Farwind and a gump don't really make a party.
    I originally had the female dancer in a garden in my Dolcega Valley dim but I had a thought last night to move her to one of the cages in my Necropolis dim, so her and the male dancer I got today are locked up dancing away awaiting whatever cruel experiments the Storm Legion has in mind.
    Nazzir@Faeblight
    <Shadetouched>

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Featherrock View Post
    After reading everything, I just threw it away.
    It's also a reward for various artifact collections...
    Sure would have liked a useable item...

Featherrock

The one from Artifact collections is different and the usable component will be turned back on after the fix next wed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast