+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahnastashia
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Samuraiko
  • 1 Post By lynspottery
  • 1 Post By Arthritis

Thread: Patch 3.4: Into the Wilds Video Ad On MMO-Champion...

Rift Disciple

Default Patch 3.4: Into the Wilds Video Ad On MMO-Champion...

I just watched Patch 3.4: Into the Wilds on MMO-Champion and read a couple of the player comments about the voice sound in the video.. I'll C&P a couple here to give an idea of the problem people are having with it.

Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers: What the hell was that guy saying in the Rift video? All I heard was blarrlagararrrllglhhhaaaalglglble.

Originally Posted by TheFreeman: I read your above comment and then tried to listen to the video myself. I seriously lol'd. I thought, "do these gaming devs even review their own stuff?" It's like the swedish chef from Muppets.

Originally Posted by Silvern Tiger: Can't understand a word of what that dude is saying in the Rift trailer O.o Did they record that with a microphone tied to a fan?

After hearing it, I'm going to add (with all due love and respect to the Devs) that the voice sounds like it should be asking for a 5 million dollar ransom instead of an ad for our beloved RIFT video game. (sorry)

Kudos for trying to get more people to the game by getting the videos out there.. but it won't work if the people you are trying to reach don't know what you're saying.

I did understand what was being said, and thought it was a good video.. but I'm well versed in RIFT voice overs by now.. I speak fluent RIFTeze..

youtu.be/J38qhKLthZs
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 10-12-2015 at 04:15 PM.

I couldn't understand it either.

We're used to it, though, after hours of listening to Abyssal rantings that sound like they're gargling clam chowder.

(I still think it's a good video.)

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    We're used to it, though, after hours of listening to Abyssal rantings that sound like they're gargling clam chowder.

(I still think it's a good video.)
    OMG................It took me three times listening to finally understand what that "gargling" voice said....even though I am somewhat familiar with Rift voice overs, this is really bad.

It sounds like someone is locked in a dungeon being filtered through a wet burlap bag placed over a broken mic.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    OMG................It took me three times listening to finally understand what that "gargling" voice said....even though I am somewhat familiar with Rift voice overs, this is really bad.

It sounds like someone is locked in a dungeon being filtered through a wet burlap bag placed over a broken mic.
    I think they did a great job with the video part of the video. The main bad guy voice is just a little hard to understand.. and it makes me want to try and send ransom money... just saying...
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 10-12-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Volan had a sore throat that day.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Plane Walker

Ill do the voice overs. Always was told i had a face fit Radio

Trion stopped trying years ago.

Nothing new here.

"In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

I smiled immediately upon hearing it, but I've been playing Rift since launch, so it's just a fun quirk to me.

I think Rift voice acting should branch into mainstream commercials, tbh.

+ Reply to Thread