+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Woot Volan!!! 3070 void stones for killing him! Thanks Devs! :)

Rift Disciple

Default Woot Volan!!! 3070 void stones for killing him! Thanks Devs! :)

I went and killed Volan tonight because I remembered the patch notes said they fixed it so we would get appropriate void stones for killing him.. and holy void stones batman!! I got 3070 void stones, plus like 100,000 PA and other stuff I just don't remember what all it was. Suffice it to say... so worth doing now!!!!

Nice job Devs! Thanks!!! I can't wait to do Swarm of the Century again!
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 10-09-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Ascendant

Did it count for the weekly, too? If so this would be a really good thing - I'm so tired of doing the same old NT world events (kill 100 this, close 6 that), and the other NT events are just horrible. Being able to do my weekly with some of the older world events would be a real blast.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Did it count for the weekly, too? If so this would be a really good thing - I'm so tired of doing the same old NT world events (kill 100 this, close 6 that), and the other NT events are just horrible. Being able to do my weekly with some of the older world events would be a real blast.
    well, before Ashora events counted only for SL weekly, don't think they changed it with 3.4, also in description of weekly only NT zones mentioned

thats awesome!
    Missed Volan

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I don't know if it would count for the weekly because I had already finished the weekly, but it did give a whole mess of void stones (over 3k), 100,000 PA, lots of planarite, a several other things too (forget what all they were), plus.. it was fun just to do again! Volan hasn't had anyone come out and play with him in a long.. long time! He misses us!

Rift Chaser

I'll bet ya a nerf bat will be taken to it...Along with getting the 999 void stones being awarded for the SL unstable events.

Better hit em while you can and cap that weekly amount in a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnastashia View Post
    I went and killed Volan tonight because I remembered the patch notes said they fixed it so we would get appropriate void stones for killing him.. and holy void stones batman!! I got 3070 void stones, plus like 100,000 PA and other stuff I just don't remember what all it was. Suffice it to say... so worth doing now!!!!

Nice job Devs! Thanks!!! I can't wait to do Swarm of the Century again!
    Swarm of the Century is also giving out massive amounts of void stones & PA. Depending on when you get there to start the event it's giving roughly 3k void stones as well.

I believe all the SL zone events are giving out a good amount of void stones, but if Trion doesn't tell people how many void stones they could get (I'm looking at you new "welcome screen" that could give a rough estimate of void stones people could get for doing old zone events), it's hard to get people to show up.

If Trion could show how much you get on the welcome screen for SL events like Volan, Swarm of the Century, Kaaz"ra, The Awakening etc. it would be easier to get people to come do those events again.

It's great that they made these events worth doing again, I greatly appreciate that, but that won't matter if no one knows about it, or understands it's worth their time to go do them.
    Last edited by Ahnani; 10-12-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnani View Post
    Swarm of the Century is also giving out massive amounts of void stones & PA. Depending on when you get there to start the event it's giving roughly 3k void stones as well.

I believe all the SL zone events are giving out a good amount of void stones, but if Trion doesn't tell people how many void stones they could get (I'm looking at you new "welcome screen" that could give a rough estimate of void stones people could get for doing old zone events), it's hard to get people to show up.

If Trion could show how much you get on the welcome screen for SL events like Volan, Swarm of the Century, Kaaz"ra, The Awakening etc. it would be easier to get people to come do those events again.

It's great that they made these events worth doing again, I greatly appreciate that, but that won't matter if no one knows about it, or understands it's worth their time to go do them.
    Agreed! Maybe Trion could do a post about how many void stones you can get for doing some of the more popular SL events to help the community know about the change.

Also, I just completed The Awakening zone event and got 2k+ in void stones and the Gulanite Hellbug Mount was in my loot bag when I opened it!! I was like "holy cow!!"

So um.. get out there and do those old SL zone events people!!

My guess is that this is unintended, although who knows; they might leave it in.
    The weekend before 3.4 went Live, the SL quests were giving something like 3k+ void stones for weeklies and 1k+ for dailies/onslaughts on the PTS. This was later changed the day before the patch to about 100 void stones for the zone event weekly.

So it seems they adjusted the quests, but probably forgot to adjust zone events and bosses in SL raids...which is why they are giving so much.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    My guess is that this is unintended, although who knows; they might leave it in.
    The weekend before 3.4 went Live, the SL quests were giving something like 3k+ void stones for weeklies and 1k+ for dailies/onslaughts on the PTS. This was later changed the day before the patch to about 100 void stones for the zone event weekly.

So it seems they adjusted the quests, but probably forgot to adjust zone events and bosses in SL raids...which is why they are giving so much.

The 3.4 patch notes say this:

"ZONE EVENTS
    * All Zone Events will now reward player with level appropriate rewards if the player mentors down appropriately. Yes, this means you can now earn Void Stones from Volan!"

I will believe they knew what they were doing when they set the amount of void stones we are getting for SL Zone events. I just got to do Swarm of the Century (which I used to be addicted to) again and had a blast!! If they nerf this, I will flat out !! It's been so much fun to do the old SL zone events and dailies again.

We have so much stuff we can do now! We can do old SL stuff, Nightmare Tide stuff and Planetouched Wild stuff!! In an era where many MMOs are struggling to find things for their players to do to keep them busy.. we have more than enough to do.. and that is awesome!!! Thanks Devs!
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 10-12-2015 at 06:07 PM.

For those that don't know FT/EE/TDQ/iDH award Void Stones for boss kills.

I don't remember how many the 10m drop, but each 20m boss dropped 1200 VS not including any bonuses.

Took maybe 90mins for 30k+ VS.
    Last edited by Lethaemis; 10-12-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Telaran

Ever thought that maybe, jist maybe Trion are trying to get folks back into playing the older areas and one way is to offer better VS rewards. If these rewards stay current, crossevents may be asking for folks to do stuff other than criifts/nmr/Hammerkill etc and going back with their new improved gear, mentoring down and realising just why they liked Rift all along..... cause it is FUN (when the G_ds smile lagwise/frame rate wise etc)

Personally I hope the rewards aren't nerfed, cause I wants me a bit of that action.

BTW... any gear drops? and were they L60 only??

EDIT: BTW am leveling up a beserker Primalist in Silverwood and can't remember the ZE beasties being THAT murderous, cause now there are some that can drain your health for over a minute. Thankfully, being tight, I have both available healies turn on to self... which means no attacking, but also no dying.
    Last edited by Furlozza; 10-13-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Rift Disciple

From the patch notes:
    "ZONES AND EVENTS
    * Nightmare Saga: Nightmare Scenario is now listed as a group quest.
    * Some older zone events have had their Void Stone payouts normalized."

How much you want to bet "normalization" means the joy in this thread only lasted a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio On Endless View Post
    From the patch notes:
    "ZONES AND EVENTS
    * Nightmare Saga: Nightmare Scenario is now listed as a group quest.
    * Some older zone events have had their Void Stone payouts normalized."

How much you want to bet "normalization" means the joy in this thread only lasted a week.
    Went from 1700 down to 200 void stone so far what I got not sure what volan gives. But I think volan should stay high as it's still one the best event should not be nerf if it is.

Champion

Did 2 Swarms the other day - first time in a loooong while and enjoyed the hell out of it. There were maybe a dozen people in the raid.

Unfortunately, the first time it bugged out because people killed Kaaz'Ari before the modifications were at 100% at which point the whole event gets stuck on the last stage. The second time we could hold them back and the event completed sucessfully (got achievement on the alt and everythin yay). We were able to convince them that they missed out on a significant amount of VS and they stopped attacking.

I don't think this will be possible any longer with a fairly low VS reward. Low for the amount of time and effort. I expect to see griefers stop by and screw it up just because they can. The boss immunity phase needs to change to where it lasts the entire duration of that "build modification" stage or Kaaz'Ari needs to get a lot beefier or make everyone near the boss auto-mentor. Or better yet all three.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast