+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Woot Volan!!! 3070 void stones for killing him! Thanks Devs! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dio On Endless View Post
    From the patch notes:
    "ZONES AND EVENTS
    * Nightmare Saga: Nightmare Scenario is now listed as a group quest.
    * Some older zone events have had their Void Stone payouts normalized."

How much you want to bet "normalization" means the joy in this thread only lasted a week.
    Yes, did some event this morning. SL event = 125 void stones. Not worth my time.
    Please TRION, think twice before nerfing fun things to the ground and making them useless...
    Spec nerf, fishing nerf, event nerf... what is next?
    This trend is really really bad...
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 10-15-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Yes, did some event this morning. SL event = 125 void stones. Not worth my time.
    Please TRION, think twice before nerfing fun things to the ground and making them useless...
    Briefly old content was worth doing and gave players something more to do.
    Now, it's back to idling in Draumhiem or doing the terrible NT weeklies.
    SMART ONE TRION.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sophee View Post
    Briefly old content was worth doing and gave players something more to do.
    Now, it's back to idling in Draumhiem or doing the terrible NT weeklies.
    SMART ONE TRION.
    While you have a point, but I don't think having old contents to give out 1000%+ (eg Volan gives roughly 2300% more VS than NT ones and takes shorter time) more rewards than the current ones is the way to go... sounds pretty broken... but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    While you have a point, but I don't think having old contents to give out 1000%+ (eg Volan gives roughly 2300% more VS than NT ones and takes shorter time) more rewards than the current ones is the way to go... sounds pretty broken... but that's just me.
    Okay I agree 999 VS for a SL event was a bit too much... but 125 is too much nerf. Not worth it.
    Could have been on middle ground, like 300 for normal events, and 500 for long/big ones like Volan, fortress, swarm...
    You need to give a good reward for people to go back in old zones, and 125 VS is not enough.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    When I completed an unstable SL event and got 999 void stones, I knew it wouldn't last. Capped the weekly amount in a couple hours with 160% potion.

125 per SL event is still worth it though if you think about it like this.....

Unstable events can't fail...and there are a lot of them popping all the time....you only need to get one unstable artifact (or catch a thief) to qualify for the event....How many can you tag? Stack up in your rift loot bag and pop a 160% vial?

Quote Originally Posted by Genshiken View Post
    When I completed an unstable SL event and got 999 void stones, I knew it wouldn't last. Capped the weekly amount in a couple hours with 160% potion.

125 per SL event is still worth it though if you think about it like this.....

Unstable events can't fail...and there are a lot of them popping all the time....you only need to get one unstable artifact (or catch a thief) to qualify for the event....How many can you tag? Stack up in your rift loot bag and pop a 160% vial?
    You can pretty much do the same with weekly save all your weekly befor turning them in pop a 160% vial then caped on void stone, but rift bags have a limit can't stack up the amount needed in one bag for 1 week worth.

But I knew too would not last long on the amount one was getting but it did bring alot people back to the old events.
    Last edited by Zaber; 10-15-2015 at 04:26 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    You can pretty much do the same with weekly save all your weekly befor turning them in pop a 160% vial then caped on void stone, but rift bags have a limit can't stack up the amount needed in one bag for 1 week worth.

But I knew too would not last long on the amount one was getting but it did bring alot people back to the old events.
    Let's do some overly optimistic math
    Let's say every SL zone spawned an unstable event (11 zones)
    Now they each last 30 minutes.
    Lets say they go back to back for each zone, so 4 unstable events per zone for a 2 hour period. (44 events)
    Let's say you are a patron, who has completed orange tier loyalty and are in a guild with the currency perk....with a 160% vial that is 413 per event (413 X 44 events = 18,172 void stones)
    Now let's say you shard hop (NA 6 shards; 7 if you want to venture to seastone)
    18,172 X 6 = 109,032 void stones....well past the weekly, only needing to tag it since the only chance of failure being a server crash. No ward stones to protect, no mobs to kill, no rifts to close, no boss to kill.
    You don't even have to pop the 160% vial til your bag is full, plus you can have the weeklies all ready (the ones you want to do, there are only ever 2 I complete) so for ****s and giggles I'll add those in as well, that's another 16,500.

Now grated this is under totally ideally optimistic conditions and not counting everything else you can do to build up ready to turn in easy dailies, but if your not blind, you can see the potential. (that's right, you can work on your dailies and weekly and only take a little bit of time to stop and tag some events). I say still worth it.

Soulwalker

ok, this explains how I got all those unstable events drop me 999 VS each. Thought I was so stupid for letting all those unstable events pass me by all this time and after the latest patch it's back to 180 VS now.

Rift Disciple

tried volan few times at weekends and got approx 1k vs each time. is it already nerfed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2