+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Callweddi meta-puzzle solving

Soulwalker

Not sure if this has been asked before as this thread has gotten lengthy, but is there an actual way to see how many people have received the achievement for getting to Callweddi? Maybe something Simon could answer. I was explaining this ridiculously intricate puzzle to a friend and I got the usual, "WTF would you go through all that". Great selling point would be to say that only X amount of accounts have received the achievement.

Default Little Shinys

Quote Originally Posted by Karsplat View Post
    Cool stuff! I've been putting off making it available in a slightly more readable and permanent fashion than forums myself, so now I can sleep a little bit better at night knowing that someone else has done/is doing exactly that
    I edited my last post, but they changed it to LittleShinys.Weebly.Com and have added in new stuff from Starfall Prophecy as well.

Default Not That I Am Aware Of

Quote Originally Posted by Eldralas View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked before as this thread has gotten lengthy, but is there an actual way to see how many people have received the achievement for getting to Callweddi? Maybe something Simon could answer. I was explaining this ridiculously intricate puzzle to a friend and I got the usual, "WTF would you go through all that". Great selling point would be to say that only X amount of accounts have received the achievement.
    I just finished the part of the puzzle of becoming a Callweddi Citizen yesterday. 3... Long... Months.... UGGH.
    It is a relief to be done, but nowhere anywhere did it say, show, or have the option to see how many people were citizens. Did you finish the citizen part?

I have farm artifacts of PTW for about 8 mouths now and i don't get the last two puzzle pieces...

I get 4 purple puzzles pieces now, but i began to think the last two don't exist...
    Is it something to do to get them? Farming artifacts don't seems enought...
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Prophet of Telara

I'm at 5/6 on two characters and have been for a long time. The first character collected 2/6 and the second character collected 3/6 for the first character and 5/6 for himself. In collecting those 8 pieces, both characters ate 5/6 missing the same piece. In wondering if it ever actually dropped at some point and simply didn't show up, if something is bugged for my characters and I can't even collect it at all, or my drop rate on that single piece is that horrific. Would be nice to finish it someday but I don't want to collect several thousand more artifacts and zone up empty again. It was and is incredibly frustrating

Default The Daily Grind

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    I have farm artifacts of PTW for about 8 mouths now and i don't get the last two puzzle pieces...

I get 4 purple puzzles pieces now, but i began to think the last two don't exist...
    Is it something to do to get them? Farming artifacts don't seems enough...

Ok. So I know how you felt. In this situation, I bought 2 Nightmare Artifact Tracking Vials. This works best, because anyone who tries to find them naturally will not find anywhere near as many as poison. This is due to the fact nightmare runs for 5 minutes, and poison for 15. The last two DO exist. It took me 2 and a half months to get the first 4 pieces. The last two were in one day. Keep in mind, just because rare nodes (ones that spawn purple artifacts) give you a 10x chance of looting a puzzle piece, they are much harder to find. Therefore, it is actually more effective to find 10 normal nodes. Continue your search, and do not give up. The purple set is purple because it IS the hardest. If you have any questions, message me when I'm online, Firewiz@Laethys.

Default Vast Unluck

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    I'm at 5/6 on two characters and have been for a long time. The first character collected 2/6 and the second character collected 3/6 for the first character and 5/6 for himself. In collecting those 8 pieces, both characters ate 5/6 missing the same piece. In wondering if it ever actually dropped at some point and simply didn't show up, if something is bugged for my characters and I can't even collect it at all, or my drop rate on that single piece is that horrific. Would be nice to finish it someday but I don't want to collect several thousand more artifacts and zone up empty again. It was and is incredibly frustrating
    Hello,
    I find it highly unlikely that you cannot pick up a certain piece. However, finding any given piece on any given character is a 1/6th chance. On top of that, the first piece you find on any character is a perceived 6x higher chance at a drop than the last one. If you were to ship off every piece you received to an alt, it would make no difference as to how often, or if, that last piece were to be dropped. This makes it highly difficult.

Keep in mind that the system running the puzzle pieces is just like a slot machine. The second you pull the handle, or pick it up, your end result is already determined. This happens by the game randomly generating a number. Let's say its a 10,000 sided dice. If the game wanted to award a piece to you at a low drop rate, you could win on a 9,750 or higher roll. With slot machines, and with this piece of the game, you could win the jackpot on EVERY SINGLE SPIN... or, you could search forever, and not once ever get a single piece. The game has made it unlikely that the latter scenario would ever happen, though.

Check out www.LittleShinys.weebly.com > they have a game guides section with the meta puzzle that may have a lot more info for you.
    Last edited by firewiz; 12-28-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Default Today Was the Day

Callweddi meta-puzzle solving-2017-01-09_161903.jpg

Today was the day! 100 and some odd days later... I finished the puzzle to 100% completion. Holy hell.

On a side note, thank god I'm fairly deep in Tok's Proving Grounds. Got a few artifact sets done, and on my way to Honored!
    Last edited by firewiz; 01-16-2017 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Confusion about phrasing, and if it were involved with Tok's Proving Grounds

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by firewiz View Post

Today was the day! 100 and some odd days later... I finished the puzzle to 100% completion. Holy hell. Thank god I'm fairly deep in Tok's Proving Grounds. Got a few artifact sets done, and on my way to Honored!
    Congrats. A lot of work goes into that I know.

Update for this puzzle.

You can buy the Puzzle pieces needed for the final part from the Rat Collector in Tok's for Tok Tokens for those who have not finish Calweddi.

I have been informed by Simon you do NOT get the 3k bonus Dead Simon rep for being a Callweddi citizen if you have already started the puzzles though.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Soulwalker

Default last book

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I think this is the solution for Meena's painting, from what I managed to get from the icon in my bags - I havent found any other way to look at the painting:

Spoiler!

Need help with the last book from old puzzles. So far done 4 books:
    Spoiler!

Any hints about the last puzzle book?
    you almost got it right
    Spoiler!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tulia1900 View Post
    Thinking you may have to have done all of the puzzles to see the 4pc puzzle pieces.

Can anyone who has not done all of the puzzles (Vanilla, SL, NMRT, PTW), tell me if they were able to see the cubes?

Thanks
    Did anyone ever answer this, cant find the post on it. Do you have to complete all the puzzles or some of them to see these puzzle boxes to get to Calweddi?

So if I buy all the puzzle pieces with Tok Tokens ... can I skip the months of work and become a Callweddi citizen?
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 01-15-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Update for this puzzle.

You can buy the Puzzle pieces needed for the final part from the Rat Collector in Tok's for Tok Tokens for those who have not finish Calweddi.

I have been informed by Simon you do NOT get the 3k bonus Dead Simon rep for being a Callweddi citizen if you have already started the puzzles though.
    This needs to be changed, why would anyone then continue to do the calweddi stuff now, thats a shame.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rahlshara View Post
    This needs to be changed, why would anyone then continue to do the calweddi stuff now, thats a shame.
    Getting the pieces is only the first part of Callweddi. They'd still have to buy the glue to get the box/dimension item and complete the three puzzles to get up top and get the cheeve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast