+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Callweddi meta-puzzle solving

I've found all of the green pieces, all of the blue pieces, and 6 total purple puzzle pieces. Except 2 of them are duplicates, which is a bummer. I have no idea which ones are from poison/burning/nightmare so I hope to find the last 2 pieces soon. I've only used 2 of the free vials (burning and nightmare, neither of which I found a puzzle piece with) and have found all of the puzzle pieces using Patron's Artifact Tracking and just picking up enough artifacts to get each debuff.

This week I've collected 894 artifacts and last week 977. On an alt, this week I've collected 713 artifacts and last week 216. Perhaps I've had good RNG, or perhaps I've just been efficient in my collecting habits. Accol is in my same leaderboard division and has collected more artifacts than I have this week and the previous week.

If anyone wants to help figure out what puzzle pieces are part of each set prior to the hotfix, I've attached a screenshot of the pieces I have.

Callweddi meta-puzzle solving-2015-10-21_031315.jpg

Phs

I found a rare quality piece while using the Nightmare Arts pot.

/shrug. If it helps you guys
    Last edited by Phs; 10-21-2015 at 02:01 AM.

Rift Master

It's not important now which buff you had on while looting a puzzle piece. What I and others are asking is where were you when looting it? Tree hopping, statue jumping, building wall skipping, etc?

BTW I actually was going to bug Simon again this morning because I actually found my first puzzle piece and thought that it couldn't have dropped for me as I have the worse RNG ever so Rift must be bugged after today's patch.

Found the artifact/puzzle piece on a Nightmare spot cliff edge overlooking the trench, just southeast of Sky Fishery

So I finally found my 4th blue piece. I really must compliment Dead Simon on hiding this one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Callweddi meta-puzzle solving-4th-piece.jpg  

Soulwalker

Thanks Lylouh amd Lufia5, I've added them to the album.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    It's not important now which buff you had on while looting a puzzle piece.
    I would have to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    There are 2 puzzle pieces available from each type of new artifact, Poison, Burning and Nightmare.
    If you don't have the Poison buff on you won't see the Poison artifacts to be able to see and pick up the 2 puzzle pieces under that type. Same goes for the other 2 artifact types. That is how it is currently but will change next Wednesday.

I am going to change the loot tables to allow all 6 pieces to be found on any of the three new Artifact types, Poison, Burning and Nightmare. You will still experience the feeling that it is getting harder though as you collect them, because when you have 5 puzzle pieces in your bags you are only going to have a 1/6 chance of the piece you need even when the RNG hits..

Rift Master

I thought the changes went in yesterday but wasn't on the patch notes. So maybe it is next Wed

Blue pieces make me crazy.

Have found 3 of them but the last one resist. Have check all location described in this thread.

I have the feeling that my fourth piece is spawned under the ground or in a wall or in a rock.
    Unbelivebable taht after checking puzzle 4 time i don't find it...
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    I thought the changes went in yesterday but wasn't on the patch notes. So maybe it is next Wed
    Ye next week...

I have missed the cut off time for this coming Hot fix so this will not go live till the following Wed. If you remember which types you found your puzzle pieces from by all means use vials but if not, I recommend just using the natural buffs/dots until the fix is in.
    The race to get world/shard firsts has evaporated a little because 7 days of intense artifact hunting 2/6 - canyon jumping has improved though and close to getting all dance partners for dimensions lol Really want to keep trying this week just in case but Autumn Harvest is here...

Will get there eventually while praying to the third pot of glue molding in my bags...
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-22-2015 at 08:56 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #401
    Rift Team

Over the last few days I have checked a LOT of characters for people PMing me that their Puzzle Cubes for the blue pieces are bugged.

Now in no way am I saying stop PMing me if you think there is something wrong, I am happy to help and I want to know if something is actually broken. However with the exception of Hedgie who's symptoms were very specific not a single person has had anything wrong with their character. Hedgie could find 4 cubes he just couldn't loot them all. This got fixed and I put in some safe guards to make sure this couldn't happen to anyone else.

Anyway I am going to explain how these things work behind the scenes in an effort to clarify come misunderstanding about how they 'spawn'.

There are four locations at every puzzle in the game except the Permutator itself in Planetouched Wilds. Let's call these A,B,C and D.

At each of these locations I placed one of the rotating cubes. They are in fact there all the time. They are not spawned and can never show up inside a rock, up a wall or any other weird inaccessible place. They are just all invisible.

When you complete the Permutator for the first time you are awarded 4 hidden achievements. It is these that make specific cubes visible to you. it will never choose 2 cubes at the same puzzle. So there 22 puzzles with the possibility of piece A,B,C or D showing up at any of them, for a total of 22 + 21 + 20 + 19 == 82 possible combinations.

A lot of locations have been found and images of them posted here in the thread but by no means have all 4 for all 22 puzzles been identified. Just because you have been to all the posted locations does not mean there is a bug.

One of the things that has been very interesting to me is how some of the locations I thought would be very hard have been found while others that I though would be found quickly have not. Go figure.

Anyway I hope this helps a little and as I said before, if you think you really do have a problem by all means PM me with your character name and the shard you play on and I will take a look and make sure everything is working. The case I am most interested in is the "I can find 4 cubes but can only loot three" scenario Hedgie had. The "Help I can only find, 1,2 or 3 cubes" cases have up until now all not been bugs.
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 10-22-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Telaran

Even though I've stuck this on a back burner for a bit, I wanted to stop in and encourage people to not give up. I visited each puzzle location 8 times, and it wasn't until I saw a few of the pictures that I think I was able to start thinking more like Simon, and eventually find my lat piece.

Good luck folks, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this fun, and frustrating event.

Killing people in Conquest is bad, mmkay?

Dead Simon, you are evil.

I finnally get unblind, thank to you.

Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #404
    Rift Team

Default Minion Sender warning!!!

It has come to my attention that this add on has a feature that can be set to destroy dimension items. The mosaics you get at the shrines are Dimension items and if you are running this add on and it destroyed your dimension item I am prepared to give a ONE TIME replacement to you. I will check logs however so no cheating . Also please turn that feature off now if you have it. This offer will run out 24 hours after this post however as I really need to start working on the next things I am going to do to... err I mean for you.

Default Found my 4th Blue

I don’t know if anyone has addressed this issue in this thread so I figured I would share my experiences with ya’ll. It might answer some questions for those of you stuck on 3/4 for the 4 piece ”blue” puzzle. There are 3 locations in the SL zones that you will not have total access to until you complete the corresponding SL puzzles (Eastern Holdings / Bogling Boggle, Seratos / Seeing Dots & Kingsward / Queen’s Gambit). I was stuck on 3/4 until I started opening up the gated puzzle areas and lo and behold I entered Eastern Holdings puzzle area after grabbing those evil little dolls and just after entering, on the left, spinning and minding its own business was my last Rubik’s Cube. Hope this helps some of you stuck on 3/4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast