+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 978
Like Tree185Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Callweddi meta-puzzle solving

  1. #271
    Rift Disciple Karsplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Did you have all the puzzle piece sets between the lot of you?
    The shrines may be bound to specific puzzle piece sets, and this may have been the one you were missing.

  2. #272
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karsplat View Post
    Did you have all the puzzle piece sets between the lot of you?
    The shrines may be bound to specific puzzle piece sets, and this may have been the one you were missing.
    I have all 4 blues and all 4 greens. Just need the artie versions. I did not have the glue, so I can't determine the initial effect, but 2 of my party did and nothing was clickable.

    Once again, it could be nothing, and I haven't spent all the much time in Ember, but 2 of my party which has, never saw this before.

  3. #273
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8

    Default 7138

    Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    What I feared was true. My third piece was at Goboro. Found it at the riddle for key 7 in the watersquare besides the starting position of the wandering chest.

    Now back to search the other ones for the tenth time for the still missing fourth piece .
    WTF, i will retry to search here, i do it 3 times and never see that piece.. Thank you so much for your image.


    EDIT :

    Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    So my puzzle solving possee and I uncovered this in the northern area of Ember Isles. Not sure what it is, but none of us have seen it before. Looks like a shrine to me and it has the God rays.

    It was not clickable, and 2 of us had the Rainbow glue.

    Coordinates: 12598, 2587 and 12,803 2382

    Both were on Laethys.

    I fount spiritual shrine 12750 2770
    But didn't work, you can see on screen

    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/82...1015204631.jpg (Hostingpics didn't work?)

    http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=15/42/sqw5.jpg
    Last edited by Spixik; 10-15-2015 at 11:05 AM.

  4. #274
    Soulwalker Lielac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    So my puzzle solving possee and I uncovered this in the northern area of Ember Isles. Not sure what it is, but none of us have seen it before. Looks like a shrine to me and it has the God rays.

    It was not clickable, and 2 of us had the Rainbow glue.

    Coordinates: 12598, 2587 and 12,803 2382

    Both were on Laethys.
    The shrines wont be there at first. These you found are part of a quest (I think it was a daily but cant be sure).

    At first you will only see something flat on the ground, then a shrine pops up. So don't look for "shrines", look for circles on the ground.

    And remember, "secluded" bodies of water. Think smaller.
    Last edited by Lielac; 10-15-2015 at 11:06 AM.

  5. #275
    Rift Disciple Karsplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Someone from the EU servers contacted me in-game with some more puzzle piece location pics, but then my game client crashed before I could store the URL. Could you contact me again please? Thanks!

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #276
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    Ascended log: Worked with a good friend, and I managed to get all 4 Blues and all 5 greens. We went to Ember to farm life rifts with fairies, got real lucky.

    Now the part that sucks. Rainbow glue. Dear Dead Simon, can you lend me a few thousand????
    I am flat broke and can't even afford my first glue. I am working on earning plat myself.

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #277
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    411

    Default

    So Hedgie found a weird problem that I have since put a fix in to prevent.

    It is possible in rare cases for you to end up revealing more than 4 of the cubes.

    This means that you end up with 2 of them trying to give you the same piece that cannot happen so the effect is you simply can't loot one of them.

    Rest assured there is another cube out there that you can loot.

    However if you find yourself in this situation, IE you have found 4 cubes but can only loot 3 blue puzzle pieces then please PM me with your Character name and Shard and I'll look into it.

    Hedgie I fixed you up and sent you a PM.

  8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #278
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inso1984 View Post
    Dear Simon

    Now i have a question to the shrines. I am cunfused because in english it is:

    "secluded bodies of water" - translation to german is "abgelegenen Gewässern"

    In german Nomi says: "Diese Schreine findet Ihr in abgeschlossenen Gewässern!"

    These are 2 different things. German one means only closed water like Lakes and the original english one could be in every water of Telara also in open Sea like the underwater world at ember isle.

    So what is right now?
    The German Translation works

  9. #279
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    I have all 4 blues and all 4 greens.
    Should be 5 greens, remember. 1 from the original PTW puzzle + 4 from the faeries.

  10. #280
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default Goboro Puzzle Piece

    One of my pieces was in the Goboro maze, however, it was close enough to reach just from the first level. I only have 3 keys and can't get to that spot yet but if you stand by the wall, you can get it. Whew! Thanks Simon!

  11. #281
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lielac View Post
    I have repaired two mosaics and I can tell you, based on my experience, a few things:
    • the bodies of water are very secluded (no roads, no cities surrounding them, virtually in the middle of nowhere)
    • the water is shallow (as in I was not "swimming" when standing at the shrine location)
    • there is something very specific in the water that will look out of place
    • once you find the "out of place" area, the shrine will popup (water will swirl before the shrine pops)
    • I have found one in Mathosia and one in SL area (I hope this doesn't spoil it for anyone).

    I don't want to give away more than that (since no one else has, I don't want to me THAT person). I hope this helps. You will know it when you see it though. Don't discount anything that looks circular
    //edit for eating part of my question.
    Are the spots actually shown as water on the in game map?
    I ask because one of the first places I though to check was the little pool near Caer Thalos in Stillmoor. Where there is water, but no water/pond shown on the actual map. If it's not a huge spoiler to answer, It wold be nice to know.
    Last edited by Tulia1900; 10-15-2015 at 01:07 PM.

    Killing people in Conquest is bad, mmkay?

  12. #282
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Kiwi, I am glad your happy to share tips and do the work you do for people, however I believe you have totally misunderstood what I am expressing in my comments. I have copied and pasted your comment response to another member.

    I am happy to share tips for anything in game including making plat however it makes me nervous because its an attitude that gets shot down by those who don't want to do things that don't come naturally to them and instead just want it changed. Acquiring and building resources requires a strategy - constant, consistent effort and patron is a big help but if you already believe you can't then you can't. Nothing more to it. When you think you can maybe start a thread or ask people who are doing so for advice?

    EDIT: And yes I'm aware this sounds somewhat forward but its about time management and there is no short and sweet about it so this topic doesn't go back and forward making anyone feel awful. Nothing personal, I hope this comes across well and supportive as intended.

    Back to the puzzle and all the tips - awesome to see so much good info and cheers Karsplat!


    When you say and i quote "Acquiring and building resources requires a strategy - constant, consistent effort and patron is a big help" I have to say acquiring and building resources is an integral part of the game, you farm ores to make bars to make equipment and boosts. you go to an NPC trainer or recipe seller and BUY the recipe, or you earn faction to BUY the recipe from a particular faction. They are all readily available at any major city crafting area. Even the dimension recipes are there, although they do not have any character boosts in any form, you don't have to have notoriety or faction levels for the most part. All are happy because all is available and obtainable for all.

    However, time, strategy and consistency is determined by a persons availability to play the game, most players have work commitments, family commitments and social commitments. your comment COULD be misconstrued in a way that says that unless you have the time and are completely hard core all the time, you are and i quote from your reply to rhipf " those who dont want to do things that dont come naturally so just want it changed", are not worth any consideration in regards to the game play. Consistency is determined by life style not game style.

    No matter what life style a member leads, EFFORT is one thing EVERY member puts into the game.
    Your last comment again i quote "effort and patron is a big help". Hmm back to money again! As i originally said to dead simon and i quote "This just seems to me like a gift being given to a lucky few. Not everybody likes puzzles, not everyone can do puzzles and if your lucky enough to be able to do puzzles like the ones in game many of us still don't have the time to spend doing all these puzzles. So the callweddi place is basically only going to be accessible to an elite few who have the game money or the means to get the game money via REX sales etc, . That is the essense of what you are saying, spend money and get a greater chance of acquiring everything you need.

    Lastly you quoted in your reply to rhipf as an edit "EDIT: And yes I'm aware this sounds somewhat forward but its about time management and there is no short and sweet about it so this topic doesn't go back and forward making anyone feel awful. Nothing personal, I hope this comes across well and supportive as intended."

    I think really you have missed the whole point of my original opinion, so to clear it up for you
    1) Not everyone CAN do puzzles - in the same way not everyone can be an astronaught, or a scientist or a school teacher, that doesnt mean they are useles it just means they cant do them.
    2) The puzzle line is down to RNG - so where does effort come into it? You can ride around the whole map for a day and get every piece you need, you could ride around the map everyday for months and maybe you will be unlucky and not get anything. The effort is in riding around, however that effort does not mean you will get every piece and may never get it or finally get them when the next 2 expansions have already been and gone. BECAUSE ITS RANDOM, there is no effort in random.

    3) Patron costs! Patron does give boosts so again giving an edge to those that are paying when that in its self goes against what trion said about rift NOT becoming a P2W game when they introduced the credit system and that having patron would not give anymore edge than a player that is free to play as everything is earnt.

    4) now to the main bit, im talking about DIMENSIONS. Now i dont think I am stupid but I am pretty sure there is no enhancements to your character, you get no buffs, no gear, no set bonuses, no reputation, no marks, no notoriety etc etc. They do not enhance your character in any way shape or form. So why should Dimension builders have to not only have to pray to get the pieces randomly if ever and yes be FORCED to do puzzles and pay 15k in total needed to get to calweddi village to pick up recipes that have no effect on the rest of the game and character

    Basically why have these recipes been put in an area that will never be accessed by some, some choose not too, but some like me need to in order to continue putting TIME< EFFORT AND CONSISTENCY into an area of the game. Just like you have put TIME EFFORT AND CONSISTENCY into puzzles.

    Why force it on people who don't like/ want cant do them for whatever reason? your not forced to do dimensions to get gear etc so why should those of us who do dimensions be forced to do puzzles??? Because no matter that you say we are not, the sad fact is we are being forced because those recipes that have NO INTRINSIC value to the game in respect to enhancements DO have an INTRINSIC VALUE to people who build dimensions.

    All I am asking is that Trion reconsider the placement of these recipes for dimensions to a more accessible site based on the NO INTRINSIC VALUE of character enhancement.

  13. #283
    Soulwalker Lielac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulia1900 View Post
    //edit for eating part of my question.
    Are the spots actually shown as water on the in game map?
    I ask because one of the first places I though to check was the little pool near Caer Thalos in Stillmoor. Where there is water, but no water/pond shown on the actual map. If it's not a huge spoiler to answer, It wold be nice to know.
    Both are on the map. My bad.
    Last edited by Lielac; 10-16-2015 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Apparently both are on the map

  14. #284
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Found the first Shrine ! YEAH

    Now looking for second.

  15. #285
    Rift Disciple Karsplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inso1984 View Post
    Found the first Shrine ! YEAH

    Now looking for second.
    Spill it!
    /10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts