+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rhaza'de Canyons Notes

Default Rhaza'de Canyons Notes

The point of this thread is to help those who are currently trying this dungeon out. Below I've listed each boss, my group's composition during our clear for each boss, and observed mechanics for each boss. Note, this list isn't finished. I've only run it once, and it took forever. The notes assume you have been in the dungeon already and are struggling to down bosses.

King Krilladu and the Swarm

Group Composition:
    Tank
    3 AoE DPS
    Raid Heals

Mechanics:
    Interrupt

Notes: Basically nothing to this fight other than interrupt the King. Killing enough of the swarm eventually allows him to be killed. Raid heals is for the exorbitant amount of AoE damage being done to the entire group.

Shatterhorn and his Yoke

Group Composition:

Tank
    3 ST DPS
    Raid Heals

Mechanics:

LOS

Notes: Again, very simple but straining fight. The three mobs near Shatterhorn cannot be pulled without pulling Shatterhorn, they are part of the fight. Killing one during the encounter will give Shatterhorn a temporary damage buff. Exorbitant AoE damage periodically. Not LOSing when Shatterhorn charges isn't fatal for anyone at full health.

Mithe and his Pets

Group Composition:
    Tank
    3 ST DPS
    Tank Heals (Non chloro preferred)

Mechanics (Varies based on adds joining the fight):

Spider Add: This mob has an AoE that he periodically uses which will constantly interrupt any casts for a few seconds.

Golem Add: This mob will break apart when damaged enough into many smaller mobs and will very likely kill the tank before you realize what happened.

Wolf Add: No mechanics observed. (Yet)

Skywhale Add: Has an AoE confuse. It can be broken free of but he needs to die as soon as he spawns.

Krilladu Add: Hits the tank with a stacking heal debuff. Kill it.

6th Add (?): There's six pens with adds in them, didn't see the last one. Likewise it never joined the fight either.

Notes: There's a lot of tank healing that needs to be done, but it's doable. Chloro isn't recommended due to the lack of shielding. Again, simple boss, just burn him and the appropriate adds when they join the fight.

Khadluu Khan

Group Composition:
    Tank
    3 ST DPS
    Tank Heals

Mechanics:
    Cleanse
    LoS
    Stay out of bad
    Look away

Notes: Probably the least frustrating boss in the dungeon. Straight forward mechanics. Didn't take us more than one attempt.

Teth

Group Composition:
    Tank
    3 ST DPS (VERY Melee friendly)
    Tank Heals

Mechanics:
    Cleanse (Chains of Teth)
    Get the hell out of dodge and LoS
    Multi stage fight
    Stay out of bad

Notes: The way my group did this was we first started fighting him in the area where he spawns. When he casts his first "Shelter" ability, we run the hell away into a new area going up towards the area above the encounter with the wood platforms and beam. The beam will remove the boss's initial immunity buff.

When he casts his "Shelter" ability, he effectively devastates a section of the area, killing anyone inside or who walks inside. Counter is to run into a new area during the cast and hide, then tank him in the new area, going towards the beam and platforms. Once he is at 30%, the tank should drag him into the beam. The beam will tick for about 10k damage on anyone inside it.

He also has an ability similar to the ability used by the final boss of Archive of Flesh. Ergo, get inside the purple or die.

He also occasionally casts an AoE bubble on a random person at their feet. This bubble won't instantly kill you, but that doesn't make it okay to stand in.

Final notes: It's worth noting that this dungeon is virtually undoable for pubs. Also you might want to be fairly well geared.

Please help add to this by noting your experiences in this dungeon. Everything I have here is effectively a rough sketch after my first hour and a half run through the dungeon with guildies. It needs more intel.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Greetings,

Wonderful to see posts like these, hope to see more on this. I'll give you an additional hint about Teth: some of his mechanics transform when he's below 30%!

Happy Hunting,
    Anony

General of Telara

For wolf at 3rd boss, he hits hard, i took 100k from him, for others can't say much, haven't time to look much but whale really had some sort of stun or something

Gearcheck for this one is quite high, i was able tank it with my 138k hp, 2,5k guard mage tank, and we had lib in maybe around 1,1k hit gear, dpsers were good too, bosses fell quite fast, when we managed to figure them out, sadly we haven't finished last, but we were close, little over 30% on best attempt

Dung is PUGable (well, i did with PUGs, and were fine), but not for people with 800-1k hit gear, so i don't see it on random queue

As for drops, warrior tank boots (with dodge) from first, warrior dps ring (442 res) from second, rogue dps gun from 3rd, mage tank staff from 4th (guard heavy) 250 hit after upgrade, so not T1

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    so not T1
    On the contrary, I noticed the drop from the last boss was (roughlyl) T1 equivalent after an upgrade except for hit.

Here's what we got, compared to my current T1 chest.

Unupgraded:

Upgraded:

Note the Planewalker Water.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    On the contrary, I noticed the drop from the last boss was (roughlyl) T1 equivalent after an upgrade except for hit.
    yes, statwise it's close to T1, but i meant hit value, it's still expert 125/250, so you can't go T2 with those items (atleast that have hit on them)

staff for comparision to expert epic

Last edited by Ramcius; 10-07-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added staff picture

Another group in the guild and my group were competing for shard firsts so we didn't really get to pay a ton of attention to each of the mechanics, but one thing I noticed was that Shatterhorn seemed like it didn't have enough health. Shatterhorn destroyed the 2nd pillar before we killed him but it seemed like a fight where you would have to use more pillars. Our group was relatively geared, but considering how it was tuned, I think it should have had more help. Was a ton of fun though, especially competing with another group in the guild. I do want to mention that the Rapid Assault achieve is bugged. On the 4th boss we lost a member and waited for someone to log on and fill the 5th spot. We wiped a few times (kept pulling him up the stairs before the final blue aoe phase) and so we were in there almost an hour and a half and still got the achieve.
    Last edited by Artewig; 10-07-2015 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    Final notes: It's worth noting that this dungeon is virtually undoable for pubs. Also you might want to be fairly well geared.
    This x10.

Few requests for this dungeon:

First and foremost, I'd like to request that it be removed from the current expert que and be relabeled as a "Master" level dungeon so it can avoid serious nerfs in the future. It's difficult and requires the players to be up to par with mechanics and their playstyles, but not impossible. Pug groups just aren't up for something this difficult.

Second, please set a point for players corpses to be sent upon wipes. It's very difficult to rez after fights due to the corpses usually ending up a good distance into boss areas and rezzing them might aggro the boss.

Third, the only boss that could use a nerf from my play-through would be the T-Rex as his "enrage" is very annoying to deal with.

This dungeon is far more difficult than the 3.0 experts and provided my group with a very fun challenge that took us a few hours to complete (based Faeblight shard firsts). I even compared this dungeon to RoTD from Storm Legion, but even that dungeon pales in comparison to difficulty and content (not to mention it's far less buggy). Upgrading the hit on the gear would make this a superb return to the master-mode formula that would allow players to gear up faster with the new changes to raiding.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 10-07-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Rift Master

Yes, please take this out of the random queue. I still get groups that can't get past the first boss in Gyel. What made you think putting Rhaza'de into the random queue was a good idea? My group completed it without difficulty. The only wipes were due to not really knowing the mechanics as it was new to most of us. But it was a strong guild group. Many pugs will not be able to complete this dungeon. If this stays in the queue, none of my toons (all of them tanks) will queue pug anymore but rather pre-build from guild / friends / x-events when I need to get my dungeons done.

Btw, I enjoyed the dungeon, the loot was good for the carries we had, and we even got rapid assault on our first go. It's just not an appropriate level of difficulty for the average potato pug.

Thanks Nithydux for this post
    Thanks Trion for a new and fun dungeon

The Wolf add on Mithe will do a large bite attack every 15-20 seconds that does around 80k dmg. That + Boss auto can oneshot if RNG lines up so you'll need to get your CD ready.

The add you are missing on Mithe is a raptor which casts Searing Wave. It is a long cast and if you don't LOS behind one of the 4 pillars at the front/back of the room you will take 5 ticks of dmg. Originally the ticks would hit for 35k+ and force you to LOS but it was nerfed down to 12-15k.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Third, the only boss that could use a nerf from my play-through would be the T-Rex as his "enrage" is very annoying to deal with.
    T-Rex imho was easiest of them all, and just straight forward - turn away x2, hide, repeat till he dead (might be hp related, or it felt so like hide was on 75, 50 and 25, and just before end, but we finished before 4th cast)

Second, please set a point for players corpses to be sent upon wipes. It's very difficult to rez after fights due to the corpses usually ending up a good distance into boss areas and rezzing them might aggro the boss.
    This would be nice, especially on Teth where if you wipe, your bodies could be anywhere from the first room to the top of the stairs. Would be nice for wipes to send everyone back to the first area or the first empty room.

I'm also in favor of this being removed from the random queue. Would hate to have it nerfed because of how difficult it is for random groups.
    Last edited by Artewig; 10-07-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

This x10.

Few requests for this dungeon:

First and foremost, I'd like to request that it be removed from the current expert que and be relabeled as a "Master" level dungeon so it can avoid serious nerfs in the future. It's difficult and requires the players to be up to par with mechanics and their playstyles, but not impossible. Pug groups just aren't up for something this difficult.

This dungeon is far more difficult than the 3.0 experts and provided my group with a very fun challenge that took us a few hours to complete (based Faeblight shard firsts). I even compared this dungeon to RoTD from Storm Legion, but even that dungeon pales in comparison to difficulty and content (not to mention it's far less buggy). Upgrading the hit on the gear would make this a superb return to the master-mode formula that would allow players to gear up faster with the new changes to raiding.
    Agree with this. I love this dungeon as it was remotely challenging, and we had some shard firsts in trying. Such fun to progress through a dungeon. Please do not nerf this.

I found a good way to deal with the T-Rex is to let the tank stand in the AoE. That seems to dispell the enrage debuff somehow. Maybe it was lucky, but I managed to survive it twice by using cooldowns as tank and then standing IN the AoE that spawns after the beams.
    Geosphaera

Raid Them All @ Zaviel

1st of all , well made dungeon it felt a bit like the old master dungeon back in the vanilla days.

I support to take it out of the random queue, this is never doable for pugs.
    Especially as so less people have an AOE spec which is needed for one boss and suitable for 3 big trash packs.
    We did it with our main chars yesterday and it was not a big challenge but i guess we are a little overgeared.
    All in all i like this dungeon, well done.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

General of Telara

second attempt was better, and we cleared it, 3rd boss pet golem could be tuned little down, cause insane amount of damage incoming, neither blowing all shields and having puri helped to stand it, other group member told his group yesterday was wiping on him too. Still can't see any T-REX enrage or other deadly mechanics (i suppose T-REX is 4th?), he went down fast and smooth, 1 person wasn't looking away sometimes, but thats not deadly, so it's ok, no big damaging aoe, that would hurt me hard, easiest boss in dung.

On side note, it is intended for ranged weapons not have proc? Cause i got tank wand and upgraded no proc, but tank staff gets proc after upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast